- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The results are in and evidence concerning Lindsey is found.

Missing You.   Chapter 4


_________________


“Morning Sunshine!” Giving Justin a kiss and handing him some coffee.” Do you think you could help me with a campaign? The art department is swamped.”


“Morning stud.” Giving Brian’s china nibble. “I can help you. Daphne said the test results should be in today.”


Gus comes in and grabs an egg and cheese bagel and hands Justin his phone. “Papa you had a call.”


“I’ll call back on the way. It’s my agent about my paintings.”


“So they sent them here?” Brian asks.


“Yeah. I had painted 20 and all sold but three. They will deliver them tonight about six. We should be home by then shouldn’t we?” Brian nodded around his bite of bagel.




Kennitik


“Brian, I have the boards ready. Oh hi Daph!”


“I just got here. Want me to look for you?” She opens the envelope and squeals! “Congrats, it’s twins Jus. What are the odds of getting the donation you sold.”


Brian grabbed both Daph and Justin in a hug. “This is great!”


On the way home they stopped and told Deb about Justin being the twins’ actual father.


“I’m not fucking surprised. Sunny looks just like Justin and Patrick looks like both of you.”


“Oh shit! I have to call mom.” He exclaims. “Mom hi. When I was first in New York I sold some sperm when I was broke. I had a test run by Daph and I’m their biological father. Talk about a coincidence. You want to come out and meet your grandchildren? Tomorrow? Okay. How about five for dinner? Good, see you then.” 


Looking at Brian he said. “She is tripping.”




Britin 6:20 pm


“Justin there are five paintings here. Two don’t look like yours. It’s not your style of painting. But looks like one person painted both.


“Let me see. Nope those aren’t mine. Let’s check the signature.” Leaning down he looks in the bottom corners. “Holy shit Brian!!! One has Lindsey’s name and the other is Sam’s. What the hell? I need to call my agent, Brice. This looks like the same person painted both. Why two names?”


“Hold on Justin. Something’s not right here. Let me call my lawyer.” He hangs up after making two calls. “Mr. Manning, our PI, is getting ahold of a curator that works with stolen art. He said the guy won’t stay overnight but will tell us more about the paintings. I told him we would fax info about your old agent and your new one. He’s going to run checks on them both. We need To keep this between just us. Plus we may put security here and Kennitik. Something is fishy. Till we know more, you and the kids are staying at Kennitik with me.”




Saturday morning at Britin


“Mr. Manning! Mr. Stewart! Come in. Justin has the paintings in his studio.”


Later they sat in Brian’s study.


“The paintings were painted by one person. I assume it was by LP. Sam Auerbach doesn’t paint that good anymore. I will keep it quiet for everyone’s safety. But I want to be kept informed on what this is about. Oh, that should be the taxi I called. I will leave you to your work, Manning. Gentlemen. A pleasure to meet you.”


“Brian, Justin, I have hired security for here and Kennitik. Justin I followed a trail for your payment to your former agent. He was bribed to quit. I fear that your new agent was a plant.”


“What do you mean?” Justin asked.


“It appears Ms. Peterson was murdered. I suggest you take a leave of absence. I haven’t put it all together yet. But it seems she painted pictures and Mr. Auerbach claimed them as his. My partner is going to Rome to talk to authorities about the explosion. You can be protected easier staying here or Kennitik. I am going to try to track Ms Marcus next.”


“I thought I might go to Toronto and see what I can find out there,” Brian said.


“No. I will check that out. You said she has a daughter? Umm Jenny Rebecca? J.R. for short?”


“Surely, she took her with her. I can’t see her abandoning her,”

Brian said.


“It’s hard for children to keep secrets. It could be she left her with someone. Perhaps she found out about the paintings and went to speak with Lindsey about it. Meanwhile, your security is already in place. It might be annoying but don’t go anywhere without them.”