- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
More clues.
Missing You

Chapter 7

More Clues?
_____________

Brian is holding Justin in bed while they discuss what happened. “ Why would someone shoot at me? I have nothing to do with what happened to Lindsey. “

“ I don’t know baby. Hopefully they will find out something soon.”

“ There’s is something that is bothering me. I just don’t know what it is. Something about yesterday. “ Shaking his head, he goes on. Let’s get some sleep.

The next day although Brian protests, Justin goes to Kinnetik to help with the art department.

“ Mr Taylor, Mr Kinney I have the boards done for the Simpson Campaign.” The young intern places them on the stands and after they both look them over they approve them. “Is it okay if I take lunch? Thanks.” Turning to go a comic book falls out of his back pocket. Justin looks down and picks it up. Then just stares at the front picture.

“ Justin? We have to finish this. Justin!? “

“ I know what was bothering me.”
Turning the book around he points at something on the cover, showing it to Brian.

Brian scrubs his hands down his face. “ Oh please God no. Surely he doesn’t hate you that much.” Picking the phone up he calls Carl. Getting Brandon instead he says two words to him. “GREEN ARROW”

Brandon says that he and Carl will be right there.

Brian and Justin are in the conference room with a client. On finishing they see the young intern and Justin borrows the comic.

“ Brian what is there about a green arrow?”

Justin shows the comic to them. “ Carl this is a super hero called Green Arrow. He uses green arrows. The arrow piece you got out of the tree yesterday was green.”

He moved over to Brian and put a comforting arm on his shoulders.

It only took a moment for him to comprehend what Justin and Brian were saying.

Brandon spoke up, “ There was a week long comic -con the week you were injured. Brian, Justin this has to be kept quiet. It was in Paris. Michael went to it.” But that isn’t proof enough that he did it.”

“ Mike and I didn’t always get along but I cant believe he would try to kill me.”

Brian pulls Justin onto his lap and folds his arms around him.

“ Carl what are you going to do? Has anyone seen Michael?”

Shaking his head he says “ No says no sign of him. I was thinking Melanie might have made him go with her. But now, I don’t know what to think. But Brandon you are gonna have to take over. I’m too close to this. Im married to his mother.”

“ Okay Carl. I’m putting an APB out on Michael and Melanie. We’ll cover it on tv and radio plus get it in the papers. And you two keep yourselves safe.”
_______________

Three days later at the Police Station

“ I’d like to speak to Det. Brandon Greene if he’s available.”

“ I’m Det. Greene. Come into my office.”

“ I’m Gerald Finch. I went to college with Melanie Marcus. I was reading the back story on what happened. Though there was nothing said here. In the overseas news they say an arrow with a bomb caused the explosion? They also said it had traces of green on it? Melanie and I were on an archery team. She was a very good archer. Our school colors were Green and black. The arrows we used had green on them.”

“ Mr. Finch would you repeat what you said on tape and write it down for me?”

After obtaining Finch’s story Brandon laid his head down on his desk. Going to Carl he hands him the affidavit.

“Brandon I can’t... “


“ Carl you are the head of this precinct. You can read this just not participate. Suppose the only thing Michael has done is picked Melanie , J.R. and I assume Sam up in New York then leave J.R . at the loft. Suppose Melanie was trying to frame Michael by shooting at Justin. I saw the tree that was hit at Britin. The arrow hit higher than Justins height. Plus he was moving. I think we need to find him fast Carl. I have a feeling he knows Justin was in Rome and went there for whatever twisted reason to torment him. He could have seen the shooter. Perhaps it was Melanie, if so he could be the next victim. “

So what do you think?
Chapter End Notes:
Sooo what do think is going to happen?