- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Story requested by Claire Paddon. I hope you like it.

1.

Brian needed to pick up a file at Kinnetik to go over for an early meeting on Monday morning. Justin had him drop him off at the diner. He planned on having a cup of coffee and ordering breakfast for him and Brian to go. Brian gave Justin a few kisses and said he would be right back to get him.

On entering the diner, Michael, having seen the kisses they shared, started in on Justin.

“I don’t know why you don’t get lost! You’re just a trick that doesn’t know that he’s not wanted! He’s my friend, not yours! No matter what I do, you never leave!!”

“You know, Michael, Brian is a grown man. He’s old enough to make his own decisions. He doesn’t need you to tell him what to do. After all, he always says he doesn’t do anything he doesn’t want to do.”

He grabs up the breakfast order, and turns to leave when he sees Brian standing there.

“I’ll leave your breakfast in the fridge at the loft. I’m fed up with Michael running his mouth at me. You just stand there and let him. You made room for me in your drawers and closet. I think it’s time you got some balls. Let me know when you find them.”

With that, he leaves the diner. Michael starts in on Brian about Justin.

“Good, he’s leaving you. It’s about time. Now it can go back to being just me and you like it should be.” Michael’s surprised when Brian takes a handful of his shirt and gives him a hard shake!!!

“You little son of a bitch!! I can’t believe how many times he has said you won’t leave him alone. He’s living with me because I want him there. HE. IS. NOT. A. TRICK! You will leave him alone! Do you hear me?? Now, I don’t want you to call me, or show up at Kinnetik or the loft, anymore. I’m changing the locks and banning you from Kinnetik. Cynthia will block you and your mom’s numbers. Justin is ten times more a friend than you are!!”

Brian rushes out of the diner, ignoring the claps and cheers from the people who heard what was said.

Driving quickly to the loft, he catches Justin coming out. He grabs Justin and throws him over his shoulder.

“Put me down!!! Dammit, Brian!!”

Giving Justin a swat on his ass, he says, “Keep still!! I took care of Michael. You’re next!!”

“I meant every word I said, Brian! I’m not taking it back!!”

Setting Justin down, he holds onto him to keep him from leaving.

“You told Michael nothing but the truth. And I heard what he said to you. I found my balls, thank you very much. Is he always that way with you?”

Justin stood with his jaw dropped. Brian heard it all and defended him? Oh my god! That’s huge!

“Brian? What did you say to him?"

“I told him he will leave you alone. That what I want is you with me. And that you’re not a trick. He’s not allowed to call or show up here at the loft. He’s also banned at Kinnetik, and his and Deb’s numbers will be blocked by Cynthia. I’m calling someone to change the locks and the entrance door code. The only people who will know the code and have a key will be me, Cyn, your mom for emergencies, and my best friend and partner - you Justin.”

“Partner? B-best friend? Oh, Bri! Thank you. Do you know how much that means to me?”

Tears of joy shone in his eyes. They share a long kiss.

“I believe I know, Jus. I’m sorry. I should have put a stop to this a long time ago. This is our home. No one should be allowed to intrude.”

Later, after the locks were changed, Justin showed Brian how appreciative he was for what he did. Brian wanted to talk. Yes, really talk.

“You’re out of school by three, aren’t you, Jus? I generally don’t leave until five or six. How about we get you a car and you start working in the art department? You don’t need Michael or Deb on your case. Especially, Michael. You have two free days, so you could divide those days between painting and working for me. We do need another good artist.”

“Seriously?!! Yes! But I feel I should pay for my car.”

“Call it a sign-on bonus. Okay?”

“Fair enough. Now, how about I show my partner how much I appreciate him?”
Chapter End Notes:

Well, readers. This is a step ahead in Brian and Justin’s relationship. Do you think Michael will keep quiet?