- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Carl is at Deb’s for a movie night. But it is turning into something else.

3.

“I can’t believe that asshole!! He dared to talk to me that way!” Deb is pacing as she rants about Brian.

“Red! Honey...” Carl tries to get her attention.

“After everything I’ve done for Brian!”

“DEB!!”

“Where would he be if I hadn’t patched him up and let him stay here to get away from his dad? And Justin! I let him live here.”

“DEBORAH JANE!!! Shut up, now!!!!!”

“How dare you!”

“It is past time that you cut the apron strings and make Michael responsible for his mouth! I haven’t witnessed it, but I have heard about Michael shooting his mouth off at Justin from others talking about it.” He stood up and stepped in front of her.

“I have never heard anyone say a word. Everyone likes Michael.” Deb crossed her arms and got a pout on her face.

“Of course, you haven’t. It does no good to try and tell you anything that’s against your precious baby. And that is what he is. He has never been made to take responsibility for his actions. Before you say it, Brian didn’t help by allowing you and Michael to browbeat him into helping him. But it’s understandable. Brian’s family gave him no love, and you and Michael stepped in and took him under your wing. The two of you, along with Vic, made him part of your family. You gave him the love he yearned for. But at what price? Michael thinks he owns Brian. When Justin came along, he saw through the 'I don’t give a damn' attitude. He accepted Brian for who he is inside. Flaws and all. I believe, even at that first meeting, Brian felt something more for Justin. Was it love? Not necessarily. But Justin didn’t just want the sex; he wanted the whole man. One I’m sure Brian let him see.”

“Brian doesn’t feel that way about Justin. It won’t last.” She huffs and sits down.

“That’s just it. You see the stud, the ‘no apologies, no regrets' man”. He’s changing, Deb. The fact is that Brian finally saw and heard what Michael only shows when you and Brian aren’t around, and acted on it. He’s changing, and I really wonder if Michael will have a place in Brian’s life, even as a friend. His best friend has become Justin.”

Looking at Carl with disbelief on her face, Deb says, “You really believe this... this, shit?”

“Yes Deb, I do. I’ve seen it coming myself. I know you love Brian. Yes, you love Michael more. He’s your son. But you are going to lose Brian and Justin if you keep on. And frankly, you may lose me, as well. I’m going to go and let you think about what I’ve said.” Leaning over to kiss her cheek, he then leaves.
Chapter End Notes:

Do you think she will learn from this?