- Text Size +





After Brian fucked his Rage self, Justin walked out with Ethan. Once outside, he calls Daphne and has her meet him outside Ethan’s.

“Hi, Daph. Can I move in with you? Don’t ask. I just need you to come and help me get my stuff. We can chat at home.”

Ethan reaches out and tries to grab Justin’s arm. “But, I love you.”

Raising his arms and stepping back, Justin replies, “I’m sorry. But I don’t love you. I loved what you said and did, but I’m moving in with Daph.”

“You mean you’ll be back with that bastard Kinney.”

“Doubtful. I fucked up bad. But if we ever do get together again, it’s none of your business.” Stuffing his bag full he hands it to Daphne. Then he boxed the computer Brian gave him, and they left. Not trusting Ethan, Daph walks down behind Justin.

On getting settled at Daphne’s, she says, “Spill it. I thought you were gonna try and corner Brian tonight. What happened?”

Finally giving in to his tears, he says, “He told someone to tell me to come to the back. He was fucking Rage. It’s over. It was one big 'fuck you' to me.”

“Bullshit, Justin. He threw you off the cliff. He doesn’t want you to leave him. But he’s a big coward.”

“He’s not a coward.”

“When it comes to his feelings for you, he is. You should have walked up to him and called his bluff. Dammit, Jus, be honest with him.”

“I’m tired. Just leave me alone.”



The next day Debbie calls Justin to work at the diner. Justin tells her he doesn’t want to have to deal with Michael’s remarks, but knowing he needs the money, he goes to work anyway.

After he leaves for work, Daphne decides to visit Brian. Just as she reaches the loft, she catches the door as someone leaves. After getting up to Brian’s apartment, she bangs on the door. Not getting an answer, she takes off her shoe and keeps banging.

“What the hell do you want???!!!!! Your best friend is at his lover boy’s!”

“Listen asshole, he isn’t with Ethan. He moved out last night. No! Not a word till I’m done. Justin was going to approach you and try to get you to talk to him. But you had to fuck Rage. Justin is the best thing to happen to you. But you are too damn chicken to admit how you feel.”

“I know he told you about the bullshit rules. Which he broke, by kissing that bastard!!”

“If you had been open with Justin about your feelings, Ethan wouldn’t have happened. No kissing on the lips? You broke that first! You kiss Michael, and not just a peck. How is that fair to Justin? After Michael told you about the kiss Ethan gave Justin, how’d you act? You got jealous, yet Justin is supposed to see you kiss that asshole. Michael thinks you are going to marry him someday. Sit your ass down and listen. I know what your childhood was like. Okay, it sucked. But think of all Justin has had to put up with. For instance, the ski trip. True, you had to go to Chicago to keep your job. But instead of telling him the truth beforehand, you make him feel awful because he went alone. Deb expects you to help raise Michael, and Michael is obsessed with you. They use you and act as if your money is their money. It’s bullshit. You don’t owe them shit!! Seriously, shush! Be grateful to them for being there. Be there if it’s absolutely necessary. Be a shoulder to cry on, give advice. But Michael needs to grow up. You have taken care of him since you both were fourteen. Think about it!! They are using you. Let him fend for himself a few times; tell Deb you won’t cover for him anymore. They twist things so it looks like you are the asshole, but you aren’t. Can you be? Yes. But not all the time. See how Michael acts if you say no a few times. Before the bashing, Justin was able to read you. He could tell that you at least cared for him. You loved him at least a little bit. His mom asked you to stay away, didn’t she? I know you were at the hospital every night. My folks are doctors. You being there got around. I heard them talking about it. But did you tell Justin? No, but he knows. Michael said you felt sorry for him. Plus he knows his mom asked you to take him in. Why can’t you man up? Show him you have balls and talk openly to him. He won’t hurt you. You may - no - you will have to - do some serious talking to him. But, give it a chance. Or I WILL de-nut you!!



Meanwhile, Michael comes in all excited and tells Justin Brett Keller has emailed. He wants to do a movie about Rage and wants someone to go to Hollywood. Mikey wants Justin to go.

“I can’t believe you, Mikey. You tattle about Ethan kissing me. Yet Brian kisses you all the time. You told me how he feels sorry for me, and that I’m just a fuck. Yet you expect me to drop everything and go to Hollywood. FUCK YOU, Michael! You go. I’m done with Rage. Find someone else to draw it.”

Seeing Deb approaching he says, “No, Deb. I’m done with him.” He then goes to the back.

Deb tells Michael to wait and she follows. “Justin…”

“No, Deb!! You heard what I said. He keeps trying to drive wedges between me and Brian. He and Lindsay know what buttons to push when things are going good between Brian and me. I’m done.” He takes his apron off and leaves.

A car pulls up beside him. Looking over and seeing Brian, he walks faster, trying to control his tears.

“Justin, get in. I want to talk to you.”

“Why? I got your message loud and clear.”

Brian gets out and takes Justin’s arm. “Dammit, please. I was wrong. Just get in.”

“Okay. But some things have to change.”

While driving, he notices Brian going a different direction. ”We aren’t going to the loft?”

“No, we’d just get interrupted.”

Finally parking, he gets out and goes around and opens Justin’s door, and gets a raised eyebrow from him.

“Daphne came over this morning and read me the riot act, before threatening to take my balls if I didn’t think about everything she said. So, I thought about it. Bear with me, please. It’s not easy for me to open up, but I want to try. Okay?”

Going over to a bench by the river, they sit down. Taking Justin’s hand he begins.

“Yes, I was jealous of Ethan. And Mikey should have stayed out of everything. I’m sorry for how I acted. I felt like I had lost you. Actually, ever since the bashing, things have been different. You can’t read me anymore, can you? Daphne’s right about that.”

“I hope it comes back, but it’s gone. I... I....” Then he looks down.

Taking two fingers to lift Justin’s head, Brian says. “I guess Daph is right. It’s time for me to quit being a coward, get some balls and talk openly.”

Justin looks at Brian. He’s shocked to see tears on his cheeks. “It would help. I miss knowing what you’re thinking without talking. Sometimes it’s there, but feeling-wise, it’s missing.”

“I want you back Justin. Every night we need to talk. Openly. You as well. I want to know what you’re feeling. I think we can do this better if we’re together, not in separate places.”

“Okay. No tricking in our home, and only when we’re together. I’d prefer it if you only kiss Mikey on the cheek. I only want to kiss you. Mikey wants you for himself. Are you aware he pushes your buttons? So does Lindsay. But more subtly. The WASP way.”

“I wasn’t fair to you. Making a big deal out of Ethan’s kiss and kissing Eric bothered me too. But I can deal with that. Now, how do they push my buttons?”

“Mikey is smart. He knows how to say things to make you feel you are settling down. Thus, you go drag a trick home or go to the baths. Lindsay tells you how sweet it is that we are together. Same reaction. She has this white picket fence dream with you.”

Brian tries to explain, “My childhood... I know you know parts of it. My dad beat me. Broken bones. Bruises where they couldn’t be seen. My mother stayed drunk and quoted the Bible. Once I met Mikey, Deb and Vic patched me up. I wouldn’t let them turn them in. I was constantly told I was w... worthless and I should have been aborted. I’m afraid of letting myself feel, but you seem to accept me. No matter what I have said and done, you stayed by me. I don’t want to lose you. I love you, Sunshine.”

Brian begins to sob and Justin gathers him in his arms. Softly telling him he still loves him and will always be there for him. They share kisses, holding tight to each other.

They go to Daphne’s for Justin’s things. While there, Justin tells Brian about Brett Keller’s email. He tells Brian he told Michael he won’t go to Hollywood. “Let Michael go. I want nothing to do with it anymore. Hopefully, he’ll keep them true to the story. I’m surprised Mikey didn’t tell you about it.”

“Actually, he called, but I was thinking about what Daph said and ignored him. Truthfully, I’m not happy with him either.”

Brian goes and grabs some work clothes and his briefcase and then drives them to a hotel and checks in. They both know Michael isn’t going to give them peace. Entering the room, Justin strips off his clothes and heads to the shower. Brian quickly follows him. They take turns washing each other. Then Brian begins to open Justin up. Inserting one finger then a second and third he scissors them. Spreading his legs further and bracing himself, Justin says, “Brian, please! I’m ready! Nowww!!!”

“Christ Justin, you are tight.”

“Only you get that part of me. Only you.”

Brian places the head of his dick against Justin’s pucker, then pushes past the ring of muscles, pausing to let Justin adapt. Then pushes in a bit more before pulling out a bit and steadily pushes all the way in. Their movements get harder and faster. Their sounds letting each other know how much they love it. Drying off and putting on the robes the hotel provided, they cuddle, yes, cuddle together on the couch.



Dropping Justin off at school, he assures Brian that even though he figures Ethan will bug him, he will not be going back to him, he plans to only stay with Brian. Getting to the office, Brian informs reception and Cynthia that Michael, Debbie, and Lindsay are not to be put through by phone or enter the building. Then he locates a locksmith and places a call to have the locks and keypad changed and asks for them to drop the keys and new code off at Vanguard.



Ethan tries to talk to Justin, but he says. “No Ethan, I want you to leave me alone. Brian came to me and we talked. We’re back together.” Then he walked away, and for the rest of the day, he avoided places Ethan might be.

Brian picked him up from school that day. As he got in the Vette, he leaned over, planting a kiss on Brian’s lips, before asking, “How was your day?”

“Okay. I put Lindsay, Mikey, and Deb on the no-call list. And said no visits either. How did things go for you?”

“Not bad. Ethan tried to talk to me. I asked him to leave me alone and walked away. I managed to avoid him for the rest of the day. What if they need to get ahold of you about Gus?”

“I’m taking care of that now.”

Pulling into Mel’s workplace, they see her coming out.

“Hey, Smelly Melly. Got a couple of minutes to talk? There’s a Starbucks down the road. I’ll even buy you some coffee or tea.”

“Hi, Asshole. Is it important?”

Seeing Brian’s nod, she tells him she will follow him. Getting settled with their tea and coffees, Mel asks, “What’s going on? And when did you guys get back together?”

“I convinced Justin to come with me to my favorite spot by the river and we had a long talk about things. I opened up to him. To be truthful, this came about because Daphne ripped me a new one, and it got me to admit I have been wrong about a lot of things.”

Justin adds, “We stayed elsewhere last night because we wanted to have some peace.”

“The reason I wanted to talk to you is, I’ve come to realize through Sunshine and Daphne, that Mikey and Lindz both push my buttons. This causes trouble for me and Jus. Plus, they think I should be at their beck and call. So, if you don’t mind being a go-between, you can tell Lindz that I will no longer answer her, Deb, or Mikey’s calls while I’m at work. Plus, visits are out unless requested. At night, once 7:00 comes, only Justin’s phone will be on. If you don’t mind, I only want you to contact me or Justin in case of an emergency. I think you understand the meaning of that. Okay?”

On seeing Mel’s quizzical look. Justin adds, “Mel, Lindz is a WASP and I know how they work. I don’t want to stir shit up, but she plays the mediator for you and Brian after saying things that sometimes sound good, but said in such a way to cause you two to fight. You and Brian have some traits in common. You will always butt heads, but if you learn what not to listen to from Lindz for the sake of Gus, things should be happier.”

“Mel, he’s right. If you think about it, you’ll see it. Plus, she left a message that she needs an extra $500 for Gus. I pay $3,000 a month to you now, so just why does she need an extra $500?”

“3,000!!!! Really?”

Going out to his Jeep and reaching in his glove box, he pulls out a bank statement and shows Mel the truth in print.

“She told me $1,500! And I can’t think of anything she would need $500 for. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. And yes, I will do the contacting; if she leaves a message or corners you, call me and let me know.”

“By the way Mel, I am gay. If Lindz entertains a fantasy that we might have a future, she’s wrong. So no need to hold that against me. Okay? I want us to co-parent Gus in peace.”

Justin adds, “And don’t call him an asshole. We all can be that way. But not even Brian is all the time. I’ll pay later for saying this, but he made me feel loved last night with our talk.”

“Okay uh, Brian. Like you guys did, obviously, I will think of all you’ve said. I have a feeling things are gonna change. Just don’t give in to them. You don’t owe Deb or Mikey anything. And I will deal with Lindz. I’ll get back with you. I need to get home.” Then surprising both men with a kiss on their cheeks, she thanks them for the tea and leaves.

“Ugh. Geez, I don’t think that was necessary,” Brian says, rubbing his face. “But at least it went well. Guess there is something to this opening-up thing.”

“Do you feel the need to go wash your cheek, Bri?”

“I think I’ll live. Let’s head home. To our home.”