- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Since David Enright was there, the adoption and guardianship papers were signed. Brian had his rights back. The lawyer was going to see to it that Lindsey lost her rights to Gus. Melanie knew that her marriage was probably over. Brian and Justin signed papers for an LDP.

DAPHNE TAKES CHARGE

CHAPTER 5


Since David Enright was there the adoption and guardianship papers were signed. Brian now had his rights back. The lawyer was going to see to it that Lindsey’s rights were taken away. Melanie knew that her marriage was probably over. Also, Brian and Justin signed an LDP.

____________________

Nancy and Ron Peterson’s residence-

“Mom! You can’t get Lindsey out of the hospital! She has to be evaluated!"

“Lynette! Why are you talking about your sister like that? She talked just fine when we visited her.” Nancy sat wringing her hands.

“Mom, ever since Lindsey slept with Brian Kinney in college she has dreamed of being married to him.”

“He’s a very successful man and good looking. He had Gus with her. Why shouldn’t they get married?”

“Nancy! He’s a gay man! He’s not bisexual, though Lindsey has said he was. He informed Lindsey of that at her 21st birthday party when she tried to introduce him as her fiancé. Very bluntly, I might remind you. He was found naked with one of the waiters in the gazebo.” Ron spoke up in exasperation. “If she won’t let them examine her she goes on to jail. She went wild at Jennifer Taylor’s house. She grabbed a tire iron and went after Melanie. She hit two of the police officers. You would do better to encourage her to cooperate with them.”

“I suppose so. Where did we go wrong?” Hearing her husband scoff she says "Okay, okay, I know you said I let her get by with a few things growing up,"  

“Mother, she simply imagined her white picket fence family life until she convinced herself it would happen. I believe when Brian met Justin Taylor she saw her dreams falling apart. They had a rough time of it, but they recently signed Legal Domestic Partnership. They are as married as two gay men can be. Let Daddy and I handle her. You are too easily manipulated by her. She needs help."

Meanwhile, Brian and Justin go to see Melanie.

“Mel, we’d like to talk to you. I don’t know if you are aware, but Justin I own the whole loft building now. Right now we are the only residents except for Mrs Belmont on the third floor. Justin and I are going to take the loft below us for a studio and two bedrooms. We will have a bathroom between the bedrooms. The sink in the kitchen will be for Justin to use. We are putting a bar along the side with the one window with stools. An apartment sized fridge and coffee pot can sit on one end of it. We thought that you could take the fourth floor loft. It has three bedrooms and two baths. You talked about having a child of your own someday, so there would be plenty of room. No charge Mel. Isn’t it possible Lindsey may get probation and community service? We’d feel better with you and Gus here. Please consider it.”

“Brian, I don’t know what to say. Oh goodness, it would be nice to choose who I want to let in. Oh hell. Why not.” Mel grabs Brian in a hug. “As owner you are responsible for maintenance right? You guys watch Gus while I start packing." 

Someone knocks on the door. Daphne comes in. “Was just talking to Mrs Belmont. She’s bored needs something to do. What’s going on?”

After being filled in Daphne says, “Look, Gus knows her right? Why not get her to watch Gus and we can all help Mel pack? My cousins have a truck. I’m sure they will help pack her and move. Let me call them.”

Later that evening they are all sitting around eating the food Emmett provided for them. Mel was moved in, though there had been quite the discussion on the furniture.













Chapter End Notes:

Brian and a Justin are a definite couple and with Mel’s move will be sharing the care of Gus.