- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the last chapter.
DAPHNE TAKES CHARGE



‘7’

After talking to the State Psychiatrist Mel told Brian and Justin that Lindsey showed no signs of drug use. There were no signs of deterioration of the Brain that would show former drug use as well. The doctors felt it was not a genetic condition. Because of her violent temper they were confining her to a psych ward in a maximum security prison. She would be under a psychiatrists care, but they had little hope she would change as she refused to take the doctor seriously.

Jennifer came over and they sat down with Gus and simply told him that his Mommy was bad sick and was in a special hospital. They explained that she would get very angry and get out of control striking out in anger at others. Alex Wilder said he was available if they felt they needed to talk.

Life went back to the normal routine for Brian and Justin. Well as normal as possible. Michael kept fussing because Brian only went to Babylon with Justin along. They only danced with each other and went to the back room together for Justin to give Brian a blowjob. A point was made when Michael followed Brian and had the displeasure of seeing Brian go down on Justin. It also didn’t help that when they were back at the bar Brian and Justin ignored Michael’s screeching while kissing. Finally two bouncers hauled him out telling him if he couldn’t leave the kings alone and keep his mouth shut not to come back.

Michael tried a couple dates with a college professor. But he ended it saying he wanted to date someone who paid attention to the person he was with not talk about a childhood crush.

Michael tried to go back to running after Brian but he only got ignored. Brian finally stood in the diner and loudly told Michael that even if He had never met Justin that Michael never had a chance. Palm Beach was a childhood fantasy he always thought of as a joke. Why did he take that serious when he never planned on living past 30? That the scarfing wasn’t just getting off it was a genuine attempt at suicide.

Michael claimed smugly, “But I stopped you. You never tried again because you care too for me.”

Shaking his head and taking Justin’s hand Brian said, “Michael, when you stopped me I was grateful to you. In spite of what I was doing I realized I had someone who loved me for me. That someone was Justin.”

When Michael started to speak, Brian put his hand up. “ When Justin was bashed I blamed myself. But you know what? Chris had no way of knowing l would be showing up. Yet he had the bat with him at a hotel prom. Justin had a lot more bullying he dealt with from Chris than he told.about.”

“Yet I pushed Justin away. I tried to keep away from him when Jennifer let me know she blamed me and wanted me to leave him alone. She gave him back to me when he exploded and destroyed his room and shoved his mother down. I was the only person he trusted. Oh I dealt with his temper more than once while he was recovering.”

Justin places a hand on Brian’s arm. “ Michael I didn’t make it known but I needed to talk about the prom and what happened. But Brian wouldn’t talk about it. So he took me to Alex Wilder for counseling. After ten sessions and my progress coming to a halt. Alex kept the time before him open. He watched and caught Brian bringing me to my appointment. He convinced Brian to come in for my own chance to get my head straight.”

“It was the hardest thing in the world for me to admit it. But after the third session, I knew I needed help. Also I needed Justin sitting in on the sessions. One morning I woke up to Justin holding me tightly and humming. He was humming the song we danced to ‘Save the Last Dance For Me’. I gently. Rubbed his back as he went from humming to a few soft laughs then a loud no. His eyes were panicked when he opened them. I told him he was safe . That we were at home and no one else was here. He looked at me with a strange look in his eyes. He said so much of our troubles wouldn’t have happened if he had remembered. Chris took that away from us. You loved me and was showing me in your actions that night. I remember everything. My classmates for the most part accepted that you were there. Just a few teachers and Chris didn’t like it. I understand why you pulled away. You blamed yourself plus you thought I would wise up and leave. But leaving was the dumbest thing I ever did.”

“I love Brian with all my heart. My crush turned into the real thing and the best thing is he openly shows me he loves me too. We will be together till the day we die.”

Michael sat there tears running down his face. What he was seeing on Brian and Justin’s faces was the end of his dream. A dream he’d had since he was fourteen. Part of him was in denial.

A young man steps up to Michael and takes his arm. “Mike I have been drawing Rage for you. Brett Keller still wants to make a movie. You’re the writer of the comic. I think we both need to go. My dad said he’d buy our tickets. What you say we give it a go together?”

A couple days later the two left Pittsburgh for Hollywood. It gave everyone a respite from the whining of Michael. Brian and Justin had some peace, at least for a while.

Does anyone think Michael will change while he’s gone? Come back more grown up? We all know the dream Michael has lived is deeply embedded. Michael has to want the dream to die and that won’t happen. But for now peace reigns on Liberty Avenue.

”””””””””””
Chapter End Notes:
This in no way was meant to reward Michael. I had so much trouble finding my muse for this chapter. I thought of stories where Michael was in jail and then came back. So there will be a Daphne Takes Charge2. Michael will be back and up to no good. Thank you for reading and understanding.
The End.
Frosty70 is the author of 13 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked Daphne Takes Charge also liked 392 other stories.