- Text Size +
5.

After leaving Debs, Gus goes with his dads to the apartment. Mel goes to grab some clothes for her and Gus. Thankfully, Lindsey wasn’t around. She drives to Brian and Justin’s home and lets them know she’s there. A guard opens the garage and shows her where to park. She proceeds to the apartment.

Once there, she places a call to Charles Mickelson, one of the best attorneys in family law.

“Charles, It’s Mel, do you have the papers I asked you to draw up? Justin, do you have a fax machine? That’s great!” After giving him the fax number, they waited for the papers to come through.

At the buzzer, Mel tells them it’s her secretary who is a notary as well.

They sign the custody and guardian papers. After notarizing, they send them back.

“Brian, can you and Justin be available tomorrow morning? Charles is going to file the papers and we need to be in court at ten. You will have full custody of Gus. Justin and I will be guardians of him as well. Charles will have papers to file after the ruling is complete. We will petition the court for Lindsey to lose all rights to Gus.”

Mel’s phone rings, showing an unknown number. “Who in the world... Hello, Melanie Marcus speaking.

“Brian, it’s Sam Auerbach. He wants to talk to us. He says it’s important. It’s about Lindsey. What do you two want to do?”

Brian and Justin exchange looks. Justin takes the phone.

“Sam, Justin Taylor-Kinney. Are you in town? I’m giving you my address. Lindsey has no knowledge of where we live, and I don’t want her to know, as of yet. Twenty minutes? I’ll buzz you in.”

_______________

“Come in, Sam. You know Melanie. This is Brian, and I’m Justin. What did you need to tell us?”
Chapter End Notes:
What does Sam have to tell?