- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Brian has had enough.
2.

Brian’s POV:

It took two months to finish Britin. We had the floors refinished, walls re-painted, and we purchased curtains to match the walls and the new furnishings. New remote-controlled garage doors were installed, and a covered walkway from the garage to the kitchen door was constructed. We surrounded our property with a wrought iron eight-foot-tall fence with security features, and our driveway had an iron gate only accessed by pre-programmed fingerprints. We also hired a family consisting of a cook, a gardener, and a groundskeeper. There was a two-bedroom cottage on the grounds, set back away from the house, but not a far walk to the house, that they were living in.

We moved in on a Friday evening. Our clothes and other items we wanted from the loft had been delivered and placed in our bedrooms. When we arrived, I slung Justin over my shoulder and carried him in and upstairs to our bedroom. We eagerly undressed each other, our hands and lips touching anywhere we could reach. I used my fingers to open him for me while bringing his nipples to hard nubs. I finally sheathed myself and entered my favorite place. After napping, and then Justin getting a turn at his favorite place, we went downstairs to eat the stew that Eliza, our cook, had fixed and left in the crock-pot for us.

The next day, Jus went in to help at Kinnetik as we were extremely busy. When we arrived home, Dan and Mark were waiting for us at the house; Mark had had business in town, but had gotten done earlier than us. We went to pick up Gus, as it was our weekend to have him. Lindsey insisted that she and Mel should see the house in order to approve it for Gus. So we told them to come on out, although we didn’t mention that Dan and Mark and their two kids would be here too. Rob was fourteen and Sarah Jane was six.

We showed the girls around, then Gus and Sarah went into the entertainment room with Rob watching over them. Of course, while Justin was getting our drinks, Lindsey followed him into the kitchen. It wasn’t long before we heard, ‘LIKE FUCK YOU WILL!’

We all hurried in, just in time to hear how I had sex with Lindsey once and how much I enjoyed it. I could only think, ‘Oh shit, this isn’t going to be good.’ You see Dan, Mark, and I knew something Lindsey and Mel didn’t know. I had actually told Justin once, but so far he hadn’t told anyone. Then that stupid Dan had to start laughing.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” Lindsey demanded.

Dan looked at me with an incredulous look on his face. “Brian, you were serious? She really doesn’t know? She seriously didn’t realize it?” He burst out laughing again, joined by Mark. Justin had a smug look on his face.

I saw Rob stick his head in the door, then quickly pull Gus and Sarah back out.

“Lindsey, that night you’re referring to, I was with Brian. All three of us were drunk, although Brian and I weren’t nearly as drunk as you. I was the one who fucked you, while he fucked me. Mark and I weren't in a committed relationship yet. When I drank, I sometimes picked up women.”

“You son of a bitch! You’re lying! I know who fucked me, and it was Brian!”

Dan turned to Mel, and said, “Tell me, Mel, does Lindsey have a crescent scar on her inner left thigh close to her pussy? Also a mole at the top of her ass crack?”

“Uhhh, yes, yes she does.” Mel’s eyes widened, then she busted laughing. “Oh my God. Brian was on top of Dan and Dan was on top of you. Brian never fucked you! All these years, you’ve been dreaming about the wrong dick,” and she burst out laughing again.

Lindsey exploded, and slapped Dan's face. “I never did like you! You really enjoyed revealing that, didn’t you? Do you know how humiliating that was? DO YOU?!” She turned and stomped out of the kitchen door, going out onto the patio.

Wiping her eyes, Mel said, “Give her a minute and I’ll go talk to her. Brian, why didn’t you ever tell her or me? Well, I probably would have called you a liar.”

“Mel, I simply didn’t care. I’m gay. I sure as hell wasn’t going to decide all of a sudden I was straight and marry Lindsey. When I asked Justin to marry me, I told him about it. I was surprised when he just laughed his ass off and said to let her have her dreams. But I am not surprised Dan told her.”

“Mel, I’ve only been with three women when I’ve been drinking, and all three were during my college years. I never drank a lot in high school. Dad would have had my hide. After Lindsey, I stopped drinking as much.”

“Let me go talk to her. I should be mad, but I’m not, is that wrong? I can’t believe she really didn’t know. Was she really that drunk, or in her delusions, was enjoying the idea of it being Brian?”

“I think she thought it was Brian. She wasn’t really that drunk, but she had drunk a couple of more drinks than us.”

_________________________

Justin’s POV:

After calming Lindsey down, we served the casserole that had been made out of the stew along with a garden salad and dinner rolls. I also put together ice cream sundaes.

You could tell Lindsey was still a bit pissed when they left. She even tried to take Gus home. Well, Brian put a stop to that, which pissed her off again. It didn’t help that Mel sided with Brian for a change. Gus and Sarah were asleep in their rooms and Rob was playing video games.

“Justin, now that the girls are gone, what happened between you and Lindsey?” At Justin’s hesitation, Brian said, “Remember, we talk openly.”

“She said that I hadn’t won, and that she would see to it that you’d make me go to New York,” I hesitate, take a deep breath, then continue, “and that she would be living here with Gus, and the two of you would be a couple.”

“What the hell? Is she crazy?!” Brian exclaimed.

“I told her that you were gay and had no interest in her worn-out twat. I said you wouldn’t touch her with a ten-foot dildo. That’s when she said, ‘you just wait, it won’t be very long before I’ll be the one in Brian’s bed.’ I didn’t know what to say or do. Mel was here, and I didn’t want to start a fight with Gus here. I just figured I’d wait and tell you tonight.”

“Hell, I don’t know what to do about her. If she would say something like that in front of me, I could tell her how I don’t have one bit of desire for her, and hell would freeze over, before I set up house with her.”

“We’ll figure it out, Bri. Just don’t worry about it.”

_________________________

Ted, Blake, Em, and Drew came out on Sunday and they played a six-man soccer game. Ted and Em cheered the others on. Justin and Blake surprised everyone by doing a passable job of playing. Turns out, Blake had played soccer as a kid. Justin simply said, ‘it’s not that I can’t play sports, I just that I don’t play very well. I prefer art.’ Justin had on tight shorts so Brian goofed up on a few plays, sidetracked by watching Justin’s ass.

That night, Brian and Justin watched a movie while relaxing with a glass of wine and some cheese. Gus was sound asleep in bed having played hard with his new friends.

“You know, Bri? I enjoyed today, even while playing soccer. We should do that again. Maybe we could play tennis one weekend. Have you ever played tennis?”

“I tried years ago with Lindsey at the country club. I wasn’t bad, but not good either. Maybe we could find someone to come out and give us lessons on Saturdays. Have you ever ridden horses, or are you allergic?”

“Yeah, I have. My grandpa Taylor had horses. Have you ridden?”

“You want to find a place to buy some horses and take lessons? I used to ride at my mom’s uncle’s house. It was the one time I enjoyed myself as a kid. He was a good guy.”

“I think that would be fun. We can get a pony for Gus to learn to ride.”

“I don’t know how much he’ll get to ride, when he’ll be living in Canada.”

“Do you plan on supporting them? I researched it, and it’s going to be a couple of years before Mel will be able to practice law. She’s going to have to take classes before she can pass the Canadian Bar. A law clerk won’t make much. If Lindsey goes to work, you add daycare for Gus and JR. Either way, they won’t make enough to live on. Plus, either a rental house or buying one will be expensive. They’ll need another car too.”

“Hell no, I’m not supporting them. They’re the ones wanting to run away. Once they leave with my son, they’re on their own. I’m hoping to figure out how to keep them here, before the two weeks are up.”

_________________________

Brian stood outside looking at all the plants, which consisted of flowering shrubs, and flower beds with mixed seasonal flowers. Skip, the gardener, was tilling the rows for the vegetable garden.

“Justin? Am I going to be fending off your snotty nose when these flowers bloom?”

“No Brian, I have medicine for my allergies. For the most part, we’ve picked out plants I’m not allergic to. Plus, the meds won’t put me to sleep.”

Brian’s phone rings. “Hey, Mark! What’s up? Really? That’s great. Our neighbors? Towards the Pitts, or further down from us? Did you join up with our lawyer, Dave Willis? He’s a good man. Didn’t Dan say he’s opening up a practice? Uh-huh. Oh, he’s working on getting interns from the med school? Justin’s best friend, Daphne, is studying to be in pediatrics, as well. Okay, text me your number. Chat later. Bye.”

_________________________

The next day while Brian was at work, and Justin was visiting with Debbie - who had the day off from work - Lindsey was packing some boxes getting ready for the move. She heard Gus in the hallway, and went to see why he wasn’t getting his stuff together.

“Mommy? Why do we have to move? I don’t want to leave Daddy and Jussin.” Gus asked her.

“Daddy will come and visit, Lambskin.”

“Why can’t we stay here? I don’t want to move. Will I be able to come back and visit on weekends?”

“No, Gus! You can’t ride on a plane by yourself!”

“Then I don’t want to go! I want to stay here with Daddy and Jussin! That way Daddy can keep teaching me soccer and Jussin can paint with me.”

“Justin doesn’t have time to paint with you.”

“Yes, he does. Papa Jussin gives me my own canvas to paint on.”

“Gus, DON'T call him papa. He’s not your papa.”

“Daddy told me that he and Papa Justin had a commitment ceremony and they signed a partner paper. He said Jussin is his husband now. He said I could call Jussin, Papa. He said so, Mommy.“

“Well, I say you can’t. Now, be quiet!”

“If Daddy says I can, then I’m calling him papa. He’s my Papa Jus...”

With that, Lindsey grabbed Gus and shook him, slapped him, then let him go with a shove. The force of the shove sent him falling down the stairs.

Melanie came in the door just in, and seeing Gus tumbling down the stairs, she dropped everything and ran up the stairs and grabbed Gus, trying to break his fall.

“Gus! Are you all right? You have to be careful on the stairs!”

“Mommy shook me and slapped me and gave me a big shove. It made me fall down the stairs.” Gus started sobbing and clinging onto Melanie.

“Where is Mommy?”

“She was carrying boxes out of your bedroom to the hallway. She got upset about me calling Jussin, Papa, and then she shook me, slapped me, and shoved me! She did, Mama, honest. Owww, my arm hurts to move it! And my face hurts where she slapped me.”

“Lindsey! Lindsey! Why the hell did you shake and shove Gus? He fell down the stairs. I’m taking him to get checked out. You stay here with JR.”

Getting in the car, she grabs her phone and calls Kinnetik.

“Cynthia, it’s Melanie Marcus. Gus fell down the stairs. Tell Brian I’m taking him to Allegheny. His arm hurts him.”

She stops outside the emergency entrance. A guard tells her to just leave the keys in the car and he’d park it for her. She carries Gus in and tells the nurse his father is coming, and that his name is Brian Taylor-Kinney. She also lets them know his partner, Justin Taylor-Kinney, might show up as well.

Brian shows up in less than ten minutes. Melanie is holding a crying Gus and trying to fill papers out.

“Daddy! Daddy! Oh here’s Papa. Papa!”

Brian takes Gus and he and Justin follow the nurse in a room. He tells them Melanie will want to follow. Melanie walks in. After they take him for an X-ray they meet back in the room. An upset Lindsey has joined them. Nobody notices the policeman standing just outside the doorway with Carl.

“Gus? What exactly happened that you fell?”

“I didn’t fall! I was telling Mommy I didn’t want to move away from Daddy and Papa Jussin. I was trying to talk her into letting me stay here. She grabbed me and shook me, then slapped me and shoved me down the stairs. We were at the top of them.”

“He’s just confused; I didn’t shove him! He was upset and fell.”

“No, no, no! Mommy, you’re lying! You got upset because I called my Jussin, Papa. He is my papa now. He lets me paint with him. He does. Tell her, Papa Jussin.”

“Lindsey, what the hell happened?”Justin said.

“I told you, he just got upset and fell, and you’re not his papa!”

“Lindsey. Brian and Justin are together now. He can be called Papa Justin. What in the hell did you do?” Melanie demanded

“Dammit! He wouldn’t stop talking about Justin! He got on my nerves with his Jussin, Jussin, Jussin! So I shook him, slapped him, and shoved him away from me!”

Lindsey’s eyes widened and her hands covered her mouth. She backed away towards the door. “Mel? Peter?” Catching sight of Justin, she screamed, “YOU! This is all your fault...”

“ARRGHH!!” She grabs her hair and starts pulling at it, managing to pull thick strands out.

She turns to run, but Carl stops her. “Not so fast, Lindsey. We heard everything you said, plus what Gus said, as well. Officer Jones...”

Carl steps aside, but before the officer can cuff her, Mel steps up and slaps her, hard.

Before they can get her out the door, Lindsey lunges at Justin and uses her foot to shove him, screaming at him and cussing up a storm. He stumbles into the medicine cart, which crashes to the floor, with Justin going down on top of it, a scalpel plunging into his arm. Thankfully, it was a clean one.

Brian starts for her, but Carl gets there first. “Officer Jones, cuff her, immediately!”

Mel looks at Lindsey with hatred in her eyes. She waited till Lindsey was cuffed, then said, “You bitch, you shook and slapped our son. What kind of mother shoves their child down the stairs? Hell, you’re not a mother, just an abusive person. You could have killed him!”

Meanwhile, Brian wrapped a towel around Justin’s arm applying pressure. Without thinking, Justin had already pulled the scalpel out, causing a doctor to come running.

Two hours later, Gus had a cast on his arm, as there was a small fracture. The tests showed no concussion or severe breaks. Justin’s arm was cleaned and had required four stitches in it.

Lindsey ended up being charged with child endangerment, child abuse, recklessly causing bodily harm, and willful assault on Justin.