- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Mention of attempted sexual assault.
3.

On Monday, Brian shook Justin’s shoulder trying to wake him up. He moved just enough for Brian to get up. Brian walked in the bathroom, pissed, turned on the shower and adjusted it, then went into the bedroom, grabbed Justin and slung him over his shoulder, and carried him into the shower. He learned some interesting new cuss words from Justin as a result.

Justin wore a light blue suit with a blue and white pinstripe shirt, with his tie matching the suit. He completed the ensemble with light blue half-boots.

Brian had on a beige suit with a blue shirt, and a beige and blue tie. He had on tan shoes.

They discovered they were both perfectionists. Half the morning was punctuated with Brian telling Justin that it just wasn’t quite right yet.

Cynthia walked in, grabbed Brian by the arm, and pulled him out of his office.

“What the hell, Brian! He’s learning, give him time to get it right. The pitch isn’t until tomorrow. Lord help me, you’re both perfectionists. Just what we need.” She punctuated her statement with an eye roll.

“Justin, what have you got so far?” Brian asked, returning into the office.

Justin stood up and proceeded to give his pitch. Brian stared at him, before asking him, “Can you remember that for tomorrow? That’s pretty damned good.”

_________________________

Halfway through Justin’s internship, Brian came in with a six-pack of cola called Pool Boy. He told Justin that sales were way down. Mr. Clayton Poole wanted a new label and name. Opening one, he handed it to Justin to taste.

“Oh my God, that’s nasty,” Justin scoffed.

Brian watched as Justin guzzled a bottle of water trying to get rid of the taste.

“Brian, how the hell do we sell this shit? How long have you had this client?”

“A couple of years. I changed the name from Poolside to Pool Boy and put a guy in a skimpy suit on the label. The label was selling the soda.”

“Has Gardner ever tasted this?” Seeing Brian’s shrug, Justin said, “I think he should taste this. Vanguard is putting its reputation out there for a lousy product. Maybe you should talk to him and have him taste it?”

“You think we should tell Gardner to drop Poole? He’s only thinking of the money, he isn’t going to drop it.”

“Let me talk to him. If he gets mad, I’ll tell him it was my idea,” Justin assured him.

A moment later, Justin enters Gardner Vance’s office.

“Sir, have you ever tasted this product?” He asks, placing it on the desk.

“Pool Boy? No, I haven’t, but it was selling well, until recently. I think it is a competitive market,” Gardner answered.

“Mr. Vance, would you try a taste of it? Tell me what you think?”

Opening the soda, he takes a big drink. Then grabs the waste can and spits it out.

“That tastes awful! How on earth does he sell this? Well, he wants a new label, so give him one,” Gardner concluded.

“Mr. Vance, with all due respect, sir, a new label won’t change the taste. Won’t it make us look bad to back a bad product? Has Mr. Poole even tasted this?” Justin inquired.

“You made your point, I’ll give this some consideration, then I’ll talk to the other partners. But go on and make the changes, so we’re ready for the presentation.”

Time passed and the new label and ad was created. Justin and Brian also worked on Remson, Brown Athletics, and Liberty Air. By the time his internship was up, he was able to make a pitch as close to being as good as Brian. The two had adjusted to working together and made quite a dynamite pair.

Justin finished his sophomore year and made arrangements to do his second round of summer school, beginning in three weeks. Brian surprised Justin with a trip to London, England. They took in the sights and did some shopping. They returned home after two weeks, stronger than ever. They found they had disagreements; you couldn’t say fights, because Justin refused to fight. He sat calmly listening as Brian threw his hissy fits. Then he would calmly give his side of things as he saw them. Not that he was always right, but when he was, Brian would grab a glass of Beam and go sulk on the balcony.

Finally, the day came when Brian drove away after one hissy fit, only pulling over and stopping a block away.

When his phone rings, Brian answers with a cursed, “What?!”

“Brian! Get back here,” Justin demanded.

Turning around, Brian drove back to the loft and quietly entered.

“Strip! Bed! Ass in the air! Now!” Justin had to bite his lip to keep from laughing at how fast Brian did what he demanded. Granted, he’d pop Brian on the ass when he’d smart off at him once in a while, and yes, it turned Brian on. Which turned Justin on. This hissy fit was staged.

Following Brian into the bedroom, Justin stripped off his clothes. Then he got on the bed behind Brian; they were both already rock hard. Justin smacks first one cheek, then the other. After two more smacks for each cheek, he lubes his fingers and inserts them, one at a time, with a smack after each insertion. Brian begs Justin for more as he starts to open him up, with Brian moving with Justin’s finger thrusts; Justin loves the sounds he’s pulling from Brian. He reaches under him and plays with his balls then jacks him off. It doesn’t take long until he comes, causing Justin to erupt as well. Brian manages to turn them both over and places Justin on his back. Brian lines Justin’s cock up and to his hole, then lowers himself down on Justin’s thick cock. He loves to feel the fullness inside him. Once done, they clean up, then place a towel on the couch, and sit naked on it.

“Figured me out, did you?” Brian asked pulling Justin to lean against him.

“When you left, you stopped a block away from here, plus you left the garage open. You don’t normally do that, so I knew what you wanted.”

“That’s the same thing you do to me, when you want to be punished. It’s a lot of fun.”

Their relationship was open, though they didn’t trick much. One week they decided to go to the clubs. Justin to Boytoy and Brian to Babylon with their old gangs. It wasn’t the first time it had been done. Justin got tired of dancing, so he decided to go home around midnight. He texted Brian letting him know he was leaving. Brandon said he would tell Brian to check his messages and headed for Babylon.

About one in the morning, he was woken by his phone ringing. He grabs his phone, thinking Brian was calling to tell him he was staying at the loft since he drank too much to drive.

“Hi, Brian. Brandon? What’s wrong? I’ll be right there.” He hurriedly dresses, locks up, then heads for his car. He hits the remote to close the garage behind him. Driving as quickly as he can, he heads for Brian’s loft. He gets there to see Michael, Emmett, and Ted outside, with Michael leaning on the buzzer. He grabs Michael and pulls him back, then shielding the numbers, he punches in the code. He goes in, then turns and shoves Michael back out the door into Emmett’s arms.

He runs up the stairs figuring the lift is too slow. The loft door is still open. He looks in and sees Brandon trying to talk to Brian.

“Good Lord! What happened, Brandon?”

Brian is folded in on himself, whimpering. Shutting and the door, he goes over and kneels in front of Brian.

“Brian, it’s me, Justin; what happened?” It takes four tries before it registers with Brian that Justin is there. He grabs Justin and pulls him on his lap, clinging tightly to him.

“Brandon?” Justin queries.

“I’m not really sure what happened. All I know is that we were in the backroom, and all hell broke out over by Brian. Emmett ran over there.”

Justin manages to get his phone out, just as the loft door slides back. Glancing up, he’s thankful it’s just Emmett.

“Ted and I got Michael home. I told Ben, who’s Michael’s husband, to keep him there. I didn’t give him any details.

“Brian got a blowjob. When the guy got up and left, this bear of a man grabbed Brian, and jerked his jeans down and wanted to fuck him. Brian fought him, but the guy was stronger. I yelled for Bruno, the bouncer, and I got the asshole off of him. Bruno took him to the office. He’ll most likely spend a night in jail for being disorderly. Brian wasn’t responding. Brandon got him to walk out of the backroom, and he had me drive the jeep, while he sat in back with Brian. He called you to come and deal with Brian. Nothing happened except a fight, because we got to him in time.”

Brian tucked his head into Justin’s neck and whimpered.

“Look, thank you both for jumping in and saving him, and for phoning me. I can deal with him, and I’ll text you in the morning if I need your help.” Handing Emmett his phone he says, “Put your number in.”

“Brian, how about we go to bed so you can rest?”

He violently shook his head no. Placing his hands on Brian’s face he says, “ Do you remember how you laid with your head in my lap and slept when we had our talk the first night we were together? Do you want to do that, or go to my place?”

Brian gently pushed on Justin and patted his lap. So Justin got up, then waited as Brian slowly got up. He sat down and Brian took Justin’s leg and laid it along the back. Justin tucked himself into the side. Brian sat with his legs stretched out alongside Justin’s and laid back in his arms, with his head laid against his neck. Justin held him tight, talking softly to him.

“It’s my fault this happened. I should have stayed out front,” Brian murmured.

“Brian, it wasn’t your fault. Do you hear me? Look at me. NOT. YOUR. FAULT. Have you had trouble before?”

“Not like that, no. He wasn’t taking no for an answer. I think he’d taken something. Oh God, Justin, I was so scared,” Brian admitted.

They sat like that for a while. Brian shuddered once in a while, but finally seemed to calm down.

“Justin, I tried to avoid it. But I really do need to talk to someone, don’t I? You’ll still go with me?” Brian asked.

“Brian, let me check the door and then get a cover. If you don’t want to go to bed, we can lie side-by-side here. I think it’s wide enough, okay?”

Justin secures the alarm, turns down the buzzer, then turns the phones down as well. He grabs a blanket off a chaise. He and Brian lie so they are facing each other. Brian kisses Justin deeply, holding him tightly.

“Good night, Justin. I love you.”

“Good night, Brian. I love you.”

_________________________

Brian and Justin slept in a bit. Brian started the coffee and was gonna call work, but there was a message from Ted saying he called Cynthia for him, and work was covered for the day. He told him he needed to deal with what he needed to. After showering and mutual blowjobs, they settled with their coffee at the bar.

Bumping Justin’s shoulder, Brian sighs and says, “I’ve gotta do it, don’t I? Last night showed me that much.”

“Yes, we do. Just remember I’m here for you. I’ll help when you need it,” Justin promised.

Grabbing his phone, Brian calls Alex Wilder’s office and manages to reach him.

“Doc, it’s Brian Kinney. I need to make an appointment. ASAP, if possible.”

“Is this about your father?” Alex questions.

“I’m sure that’s part of it. But it’s more than that. I… I... Justin, I can’t...”

“Keep it simple, Bri. You can say it,” Justin tells him, as he slips a paper over to him.

“Attempted sexual abuse. Not my dad though. There’s... there’s this thing that happened last night. I’m a mess, I’m having trouble coping. My boyfriend has really helped me with everything,” Brian tells him.

“Okay, Brian. Let me see my schedule… I can see you in an hour. Will that be doable?” Alex asks.

“That’s good, doc. Justin and I will be there,” he tells Alex.

Turning to Justin, he explains, “He’ll see us in an hour. But what about your studies?”

“They’ll be done. I’ll access them online. You’re more important, Brian. I mean that.”

Justin puts his arms around Brian and rubs circles on his back. “You can do this, Brian. It will be hard, but I’ll be with you every step of the way.”

Messages were sent to Emmett, Brandon, and Ted, informing them that things were okay. The big thing was Brian admitted to them that therapy was scheduled, but asked them to keep it quiet.

They met with Alex as scheduled. Alex tried to convince Brian to talk alone, but it ended with Brian walking out; Justin finally managed to talk him into coming back in.

“Dr. Wilder! I know you may generally talk to your patients alone, but you have to understand something. From the first night, Brian knew he could trust me. He told me what he’s here to talk to you about. During the night, I was called at one o’clock to go over to Brian’s loft. Now Brian wants you to treat him, but if you can’t do that with me here, then we will find someone else.”

The whole time Justin was talking calmly to Alex, Alex was taking note of how Justin held Brian. Brian showed complete trust and need for Justin. Well, it looked like he’d do it their way.

He got both stories of what had happened. Although he realized that Brian could function at work just fine, with what had just happened, his issues were the ensuing nightmares. He scheduled Brian to come in daily for a few weeks. How many after that, would be determined as they went along.

After a couple of months, Brian’s sessions were cut to three times a week. He was spending more nights at Justin’s, than his loft. He met with the gang on Friday nights, and willingly curtailed his drinking so he could safely drive to Justin’s to stay.

Justin would stay home and paint and finish homework that night. On every other weekend, they had Gus and took the toddler to the park together.

_________________________

Justin’s second internship was started in the art department at Vanguard. After a couple of weeks, Justin was installed in Brian’s office as they worked best together. Brian talked to Gardner and disclosed his relationship with Justin, so there would be no worries there.

Towards the end of the internship, talk started about the next election. Jim Stockwell was rumored to be throwing his hat in the ring for mayor, as well as Deekins, who was opposing him. Gardner talked to Justin about arranging his studies so he could work part-time for Vanguard. Gardner knew a good thing when he saw it.

That evening, after Justin and Brian had eaten, played, and showered, they were having their nightcap of Beam on the balcony.

“Justin, you do realize Gardner is going to want us to accept Stockwell’s campaign?”

“How can he expect us to take that homophobe in? I’d rather back Marvin Deekins,” Justin countered.

“If we say no, we won’t be working for Vanguard anymore,” Brian added in.

“Brian, in some of our talks, you’ve said you’d like to start your own agency. Why not start quietly working toward that? You, me, and yes, Cynthia. I’ll have money left over from college, so the three of us could go in together and start-up an agency.”

Brian was quiet for a bit as he mulled over what Justin said, then realized he would need to contact Melanie, as she had written up his contract with Vanguard.

“Hey, Mel, it’s Brian. Would you have a copy of my contract with Vanguard at the house? You do? Great! I need to know what I can and can’t do. If we come over, do you have time to talk? Okay, see you in a bit.

“Hey, Jus! Throw on a pair of jeans and a tee. We’re going to go talk to Mel. She has a copy of my contract with Vanguard.”

“Well, since the munchers are the only ones that don’t know about us, I guess that’s about to change. So, are you gonna look into getting things rolling with your own company?”

“Our company; our company.” Grabbing Justin, he swings him around.

“Brian, you’ll need to keep controlling interest, even though I don’t plan on going anywhere, as you’ve got me wrapped around your little finger.”

“You mean that, don’t you?” Brian looks at Justin with hope in his eyes. “Justin, would you sign an LDP with me? I’m yours, Justin. I love you.”

“I’d love to, Brian. Are you going to ask Mel to do it? Maybe not with Lindsey around, though.”

“Let’s see how things go with them. I can’t figure out why Linds hasn’t said anything. I thought for sure Michael would have told her.”

“You have to remember, Michael really hasn’t seen us interact.”

_________________________

“Well, here we are.”

“Hey, Mel. This is Justin Taylor, my boyfriend. Here’s a dollar for your services… and silence. What did you find out?”

“Um… Nice to meet you, Justin.” They hear a cry. “Oh, that’s Gus. I’ll get him real quick, Linds isn’t here.”

Coming down with Gus, he immediately goes to his daddy. After kisses and hugs, he goes to Justin for more hugs and kisses.

“Brian, how long have you two been together? Gus seems to know Justin pretty well,” Mel asks.

“Almost a year. Although I’d seen him on the avenue, we officially met at work. He was an intern in the ad department. He’s interning in the art department now. I want to start my own agency. Justin is going to run the art department and help out as an adman at times. So I need to know if there’s anything in my contract that says I can’t take clients that I brought into Vanguard with me if they will move? Plus, do I have to accept a client if I don’t want to?”

“Let me see.” Mel looks over the contract taking close notice of the fine print. “There isn’t anything that says you can’t take them if they want to move. You also don’t have to work with a client you don’t want. Are you talking about Stockwell?”

“Damn, sounds like the rumor mill might be true then. After Justin started his internship, Gardner had him placed in my office, since we work great together. Gardner recently asked Justin if he could rearrange his schedule to work part-time and keep working with me. We think he wants us to take Stockwell on. So what we thought would be best, is to locate a building for an agency, buy it, and have it ready to move into. But we’ll still go through with it, even if we don’t have to take on Stockwell. Now you know why I gave you that dollar,” Brian explains.

Lindsey comes in and gives Brian a hug and kiss on the cheek. “I didn’t know you would be here?” Looking at Justin, she continues, “Oh, I don’t believe I know you.”

“Linds, this is Justin Taylor, my boyfriend. We’ve been together for almost a year. Justin, this is Gus’ birth mom, Lindsey Peterson-Marcus. I’ve known Linds since college.”

“D-d-did you say, boyfriend? Well, this is a first. You know, Justin, Brian isn’t the type...”

“Lindsey, I know Brian’s reputation on the avenue,” Justin cuts in. “I was always a bit of a player myself. But Brian and I just hit it off, and we have a lot more in common than fantastic sex.” Take that Lindsey, Justin thought.

Justin looked at Mel, then at Brian. Brian was looking at the floor, but he could see a grin on his face. Gus sneezed, and almost lost his balance, giving Mel the excuse to laugh.

“We need to go, it’s getting late. Come here, Sonny Boy, and give your dad a hug and kiss. Tell Justin bye, too.”

Getting in the jeep, Brian laughed out loud. “Lindsey didn’t know what hit her. You do know how to read a wasp female.”

Later that night sitting on the balcony, Justin turned to Brian, asking, “You know - since we’re going to sign partnership papers - don’t you think it’s time you move in?”

“Jus, I thought you’d never ask. How about we move the rest of my clothes tomorrow morning?” Brian found his arms full of his blond.

_________________________

On Sunday, they moved Brian’s stuff in; his clothes were temporarily stored in the second bedroom’s closet. They had Craig and Kent over for dinner that evening, who had just signed LDPs, and dinner was a celebration for them. They told them about their plans to sign partnership papers themselves, and of their plans to start an agency together. Craig confirmed that talk of Stockwell running for mayor was sounding serious. They all agreed it would be a bad thing for the LGBT community.

Later that week, Brian and Justin signed partnership papers.

A couple of weeks later, Craig called Brian and asked if he could talk to the two of them. They arranged to meet at Craig’s house. After arriving, Craig got them drinks and they settled around the kitchen table.

“I’m not claiming to know exactly what you need in a building, but I found a couple that might work for your agency. How about I confirm that the real estate agent can meet us with the keys, and we can all go take a look,” Craig explained.

Picking Kent up on the way, they looked at an empty apartment building, but after seeing the inside, Brian said it wouldn't work. Next, Craig pulled up to an abandoned bathhouse.

“Seriously, Dad? A bathhouse?” Justin exclaimed.

Brian said, “Let’s look at this. As I recall, this place never took off. Bad location.”

Brian was very impressed by the layout. He explained how they could layout the rooms. There were glass blocks all throughout the place, but he knew these could be cleaned and reused.

“Justin, I think this might just be what we want. What you think?” Brian asked.

“Surprisingly, I agree. How much is this selling for? Do you know, Dad?” Justin questioned.

“$125,000, but I think you could get it for $100,000. Sons, Kent and I would like to help you with this; we’d like to put $25,000 down to hold this place. We know you both plan on pooling your money for the place. Justin will be out of college by the time this place is finished, so the down payment would be Justin’s graduation present, plus a gift for forming your partnership.”

“Let me talk privately with Justin,” Brian tells them. Pulling Justin aside, they discuss the proposal from Craig and Kent.

Coming back, Brian said, “How about we give you 10% stock?”

“Son, we don’t need that much, make it 5%. Brian, you’re family now, and we genuinely want to help you. We’re very proud of both of you,” Craig explains.

“Okay. you’ve got a deal, Dad. I’ll have Melanie Marcus make up a contract.” Justin walks over to Craig and pulls him into a hug. “Thank you so much.”

Justin wipes a tear from his eyes. “Allergies,” he laughs, then hugs both men. Then he turns to Brian, and hugs and kisses him.

_________________________

In the end, Brian throws in $50,000 and Justin $25,000 toward the building loan. The bank also authorizes another $50,000 to start the renovations.

After getting the building secured, they ask Cynthia and Ted Schmidt over for dinner on a Friday evening. He tells Ted not to mention anything about the dinner to anyone else.

After eating, they sit in the living room having a drink.

Brian starts, “After Justin started his art department internship, it came to Gardner’s notice that Justin and I work unusually well together. Justin was given room to work in my office. He offered Justin a part-time job in the art department. At about the same time, we became aware that Jim Stockwell’s name was being tossed about as a future candidate for mayor. Justin and I believe we will be offered Stockwell’s campaign.”

At Ted and Cynthia’s gasp, Brian raises his hand. “What I’m going to tell you, must be kept in secrecy.”

“I’ve been working for you for a while now,” Cynthia says, “and I think I know what you’re planning on doing, and I want you to know, I’m in. So, how much do you need?”

Brian then looks at Ted. “Ted, I want you to be my CFO. You are too good to stay at Wertschafter’s working in that cubbyhole. You don’t have to, but if you take the job, you can buy into the company. But if you choose not to, I’ll have to have you killed.”

“Haha. Very funny... boss,” Ted says. “I understand the need to keep this quiet. Are we going to back Deekins for mayor? His name is out there, too. And I’d also like to buy in.”

_________________________

The following week, Brian got with Melanie to arrange the contracts. The percentages ended up with Brian having 51%, Justin 30%, Ted and Cynthia each 7%, and Craig and Kent 5%. If something happened to Brian, Justin would get the company.

Justin took a part-time job at Vanguard; his contract having the same terms as Brian’s. The months passed, and just like clockwork, Justin’s graduation came, and Kinnetik was ready to go.

“Brian, Mr. Vance would like to see you and Justin,” Cynthia said, coming into their office. “He says immediately.”

The two men made their way to Gardner’s office. Vance looked up, saying, “Come in, Brian, Justin. This is Jim Stockwell. He’s the Republican candidate for mayor. He’d like you two to work on his campaign.”

“First, I want to know what you plan on doing for our city,” Brian said.

“I’m for making things better for our families. I’m going to clean up Liberty Avenue. There is too much perversion and drug use there. Some clubs have backrooms where all manner of perversions happen. I’m going to issue a curfew there for all ages. As chief of police, I’ve driven the area, and have witnessed all manner of perversions taking place on the street and in alleyways. These people will be charged with public indecency. The hustlers will be put in detention centers,” Stockwell boasts.

“Well, Justin, what do you think? Do you want to do this?” Brian smirked, lifting his eyebrow, questioningly.

“Brian, it’s not up for discussion. I’m telling you, you’re going to do this,” Gardner said, sternly.

Brian and Justin looked at each other. Justin shook his head no.

“Mr. Vance? Chief of Police, Stockwell? If I’m going to help a candidate or vote for one, I want to back someone who will be for all the people, without discrimination for race, religion, or lifestyle. You don’t have to approve of a person to treat them fairly. I would also think that straight people don’t go to Liberty Avenue as a habit. So no, I won’t work on your campaign,” Justin asserts.

“Gentlemen, I totally agree with Justin. Good day,” Brian remarks.

Getting back to the office, Brian said, “That went well.”

“I’ll most likely be dismissed immediately without severance pay,” Justin adds.

One hour later, Brian and Justin were informed to appear for a disciplinary hearing on Friday.

On the day of the hearing, Brian and Justin showed up with Melanie in attendance. In the end, Brian got his money back he paid in to be a partner, plus severance pay, plus pay for unfair dismissal. For Justin, Melanie successfully got a small severance pay, plus pay for unfair dismissal.

Brian walked away with $1,358,000.00. Justin got a surprising $12,000.

Brian phoned Ted and told him to put his notice in, as they were going to finish furnishing Kinnetik. The sign Justin designed was finished and ready to install. They would begin by working out of Justin and Brian’s loft.

Cynthia refused to work with the adman put on Stockwell’s campaign. She was dismissed with a severance of $15,000.

In two weeks, Kinnetik was ready to go, and they officially moved in. Brown Athletics, Remsen Pharmaceuticals, and Eyeconics were all onboard.

The weekend before opening, they invited their clients, along with all of the Liberty Avenue businesses.

Craig and Kent Brand-Taylor brought interested businesses from the country club denizens.

Brian and Justin, with Ted and Cynthia beside them, said their speeches and popped the champagne. Emmett provided the food. Kinnetik was officially open for business.
Chapter End Notes:
Brian and Justin, and Craig and Kent are now legal partners. Kinnetik has begun. Jack Kinney has not yet died of cancer. So that will come up in the next chapter. Justin is now twenty-two and out of college. Miss Molly is not as young as on the show; she's eighteen. She may appear sometime in the future.