- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This has Jack and Joan Kinney in it. I have read back over it to correct some mistakes. It has not been beta’d.
My Father My Friend

4

Brian and Justin were at the loft because It was being sold. They spent the night as they had worked and were going to pack up or pitch some things Friday night and Saturday. They had the loft open as they were putting boxes on the landing to be taken down, as well the street door was unlocked. They had just finished looking at some trophies Brian had for soccer and track. These were going to be stored. Craig and Kent stopped by and were shown them as well. Craig and Kent took some boxes down and put them in the jeep. An old car pulled up and a man got out. They noted the smell of alcohol as he walked by. They went back in and hurried up the stairs, getting there in time to hear the man yelling about having came to tell Brian about having lung cancer and felt Brian, as a faggot should be dying instead. The man then left and staggered into the elevator. Craig and Kent followed him down and they convinced him to let Craig drive him home with Kent following behind. He wanted to go to a bar so they took him there instead. On stopping Craig turned to the man and stopped him from getting out.

“Mister Kinney, I’d like to talk to you about your son. No one knows why some people are born gay. But I believe you are born to be what you are. I know you resented Brian and took it out on a young boy who was not at fault. Brian worked hard to better himself. It is no put down of your life, though part of his motive was the beatings you gave him and the berating his mother dished out. I want to show you something. See this picture? Those are trophies your son won for soccer. His playing ability and his high academic achievements helped him go to college on a scholarship. He worked to provide what else he needed. Now he has started his own advertising agency with my son as his partner both in the company and in life. Brian is a man to be proud of Mister Kinney, not put down. Unfortunately you have a fatal disease. You could spend the time you have left getting to know your son and Justin. Brian said once you met your grandson, but you haven’t taken the time for him either. Don’t you think it would be worth staying sober long enough to try to mend some bridges in your relationship?”

“The warden would say he is going to hell. You really think he was born g..g...that way?”

“She should leave the judgement up to God. Yes I believe he was born the way he is. It’s up to you Mister Kinney. “

“Would you mind taking me home sir? I think I need to think over what you’ve told me with a clear head.”
””””””””

Later at home a couple days later, Jack mentioned to the warden that he had seen Brian he said,”Sonny Boy has a male partner.”

“Male partner! The devil has ahold of him. He is going to burn in hell!” Joan spit out in reply.


“Listen Joanie, are you listening? You may not want to believe it, but when I was younger through my early teen days I went to church with my grandmother. I know what the Bible says. But you know, man translated the Bible. But old woman, the commandments say Judge not, lest ye be judged! Yet, you stand and judge MY SON. I did a great disservice to him by beating him for my failings. I own that, I did it. You would do well to leave the judging to God. It’s not your place.”

””””””””-

Brian lay with his head in Justin’s lap, it had became a favorite thing to do at the end of the day.

“What are you thinking of hun?” Justin asked as he ran his fingers through Brian’s hair and gently down the side of his face.

“You are so lucky to have a father like Craig. To think that he talked to my dad. I’m trying not to hope he has a change of heart, though it is probably too late.”

“He did tell dad he wanted to think about what he told him. But we will handle whatever happens together.” Justin lifted Brian’s hand and placed a gentle kiss on it.

Brian slides up so he can gently kiss Justin and then rests his head against his shoulder.

“I love you Justin. I can’t imagine my life without you.” Getting up he holds his hand out for Justin to take. They go to bed where they take their time making love with each other. Then spoon against each other and drift off to sleep.


“On Monday Justin and Brian were in conference with the art department about several campaigns they had coming up. While Brian was talking, Justin heard a commotion in the outer office. Nodding at Brian he went out to see what it was. He found Joan Kinney out there in a confrontation with Michael.

“I insist in talking to my son! Get him now! His conduct is unacceptable. I WANT HIM NOW!”

“Michael, I’ll handle this, thanks.” Said Justin. “Mrs. Kinney, Brian is in a conference right at the moment. I’m Justin Taylor-Kinney, his husband. Maybe I could help you?”

“You are WHAT? You are headed for the fires of hell. The Bible......” she ranted.

“Says Judge NOT, lest ye be judged! Woman, hush your mouth and you are coming with me.” Jack Kinney shouted grabbing her by the arm.” Son, could you take her other arm and help me get this poor excuse for a mother out of here please?”

Taking her arm and with additional help from the guard they get Joan out of Kinnetik and into Jacks car. He fastens her in, telling Justin to lean against the door. Starting the car he pulls out,fighting Joan every inch of the way to keep her inside.

Going back inside Justin is faced with Cynthia blocking Michael getting into the conference room.

“Oh for Christ’s sake. Michael! What part of we are busy did you not hear? Now you need to leave.”

“You can’t tell me to leave. You are a lying piece of shit! You are not his husband!”

Michael steps up to Justin and raises his hand. Justin grabs Michael by the arm and with a quick spin he has his arm behind his back. With his other hand holding firmly to the loose arm. Justin quickly propels Michael to the entrance and shoves him out on the sidewalk, With orders for him to go back to work. Locking the door he quickly goes back to the conference room. He smooths his hair and taking a deep breath he goes back inside.

“Now where are we?” He calmly says retaking his seat.
Cynthia steps in behind him then laying her head on Teds shoulder she laughs hysterically. The guard sticks his head in.

“Still there?” Justin reaches over and grabs Brian’s phone. “ May I?”

On Brian’s nod he scans the saved numbers and dials.

“Deb? This is Justin Taylor-Kinney. Yes I said Taylor-Kinney. Would you be able to come to Kinnetik and get your son? Yes, we are located in the former bathhouse that closed down. Thanks Deb.”

He looked at Brian who cocked an eyebrow.

“Do I want to know what just happened besides Michael?”

“I handled it. Well, your dad and I with help from the guard got your mom outside and he took her home. Then with a little persuasion I got Michael outside. Debs is coming for him.”

Brian laid his head on his arms, shaking it,then looked up.

“You do know Deb will get Michael home then come back, don’t you?”

“Then we had better finish our meeting hadn’t we?” He patted Brian’s hand and said, “Now then. You were saying?”

Brian looked at Murph who had his head down with his shoulders shaking.

“Murph you ok? Cynthia? You too? What the hell happened out there?”

“Brian, I believe I have written down what we need on the different boards. We will head back to the art department and get going on it.”

“Justin Taylor-Kinney! Let Murph get started on the boards. I want you to tell me what happened out there! I want more than you handled it, though I’m glad you did.”

Justin goes over and sits beside Brian taking both his hands in his.

“ The commotion was your mother being confronted by Michael. I introduced myself as your husband to her and she proceeded to start preaching how we were headed to hell. Then she starts to say the Bible says when your dad comes in and proceeds to tell her that the Bible says Judge not lest ye be judged. He then told her to hush her mouth she was coming with him. He then asked me to help him take her outside. Oh, I just realized he called me son. Anyway when I came back in Michael was trying to get past Cynthia. He called me a liar about being your husband. He raised his hand to hit whereby I grabbed his arm and put it behind him and took him outside telling him to go back to work. You know the rest. Like I said I handled it.”

“Dad took her outside after quoting the Bible to her?” Brian stands up and approaches Justin.

“Yes, he did. Plus he was sober. Her, not so much.”

“You manhandled Michael to get him outside.” At Justin’s nod he steps over and locks the door then grabs Justin’s belt pulling him closer to him. “I think we need to take a break. You deserve a reward for what you did.”

Brian proceeded to lift Justin up onto the conference table, unzips his pants and pulling out his dick swallowed him down. Several minutes later he swallowed his protein meal and set Justin on the floor.

“What about you Brian?” He asked rubbing Brian’s hard on.

“That was for you. You can take care of me after the boards are finished.” He gave Justin a big hug and kiss and sashayed out the door with a sexy wiggle to his ass.
Chapter End Notes:
Jack Kinney, thanks to Craig has had a change of heart. How will Brian react when he sees him again.