- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jennifer has a surprise for the boys and we have two new members arrive.
3. OUR LOVE CHILD

Info: We jump ahead a bit.

The months had been busy ones, what with getting Kinnetik up and running and dealing with their pregnancies. Justin was carrying a little girl and Brian a boy. Justin had one week before the baby’s birth. Brian had five weeks.

Jennifer had become quite the success at her Real Estate business. She had recently sold six houses and all but one had commissions and that wasn’t a measly one. There was a rustic house situated in an elevated area near the Allegheny. There wasn’t a lot of boat traffic and the state had funded a clean river water bill, so the water was safe for swimming, skiing, and jet ski riding. You could sit on the patio or look out the big double window in the breakfast nook and watch. Because of the rustic design, it was slow to sell. So, knowing they were talking of a bigger place and were seriously considering a house, Jennifer made an offer to the owners, and they accepted it. She just hoped her sons would accept it.

On Sunday, she treated them to lunch at LeMont and then took a leisurely drive ending up at the house.

“Justin look! It’s different, I really like that!” Brian was tugging eagerly on his arm.

“So do I. The trees aren’t too close to the house, but there are a couple of dwarf apple trees that would provide shade and food. This would be such fun to work on!”

“Would you like to look at it?” Jennifer asked showing them the keys. They were both out of the car in a second, heading for the porch that wrapped around the house.

Jennifer chuckled to herself, pleased they liked it. Justin grabbed Brian’s hand and walked all around the porch. Jennifer followed and found them staring at the river view. A few fishermen were out in their Jon boats. She unlocked the back door and they entered the kitchen. “It does need updating, but everything has been kept clean and repaired.”

It had four bedrooms, one master with a bath included, and the two mid-sized ones sharing a bathroom. The fourth bedroom was full of light as it was a corner room and had two double-hung windows that could be turned into a studio for Justin. There was a dining room/ family room, a nice sized living room, and a room that could be used as an office. The attached garage had a storage area that covered one whole wall.

“I wish we could buy this,” Brian said. "It’s perfect and any changes could be made gradually." Justin was nodding in agreement. "Plus, Mike constantly drops in at the other house."

Taking a deep breath, Jennifer handed them a manila envelope. It had ‘to my sons' happy babies’ across the front.

“Mom!” “JENN!” "What have you done?”

They opened the envelope and took the papers out and found papers showing that Jennifer had bought the property.

“Now, before you say anything, I got a good deal on it. The inspectors passed it with flying colors. I’ve sold several houses lately with big commissions and I felt you’d love this house. Please let me do this, sons, please.”

Brian nodded and gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek. Justin burst out in tears and squeezed her in a big hug. Their other house was gonna be sold by Jennifer. It was a nice house, but not as expensive as this one. Jennifer didn’t want to accept the money, but finally agreed to apply the extra money after paying off the small mortgage to Molly’s college fund.

The two went online and ordered furniture from a reliable store in town. They selected colors for all the rooms and a team of painters were found that with a promise of a bonus got the house painted in no time. Justin painted animals in a woodsy scene on the nursery wall. He planned on painting murals when the children showed their personalities when older. The furniture was moved in by the week's end and Justin went into labor that very night. On checking in, the doctor examined him and immediately took him to delivery. Brian held Justin’s hand as they opened him up and took their daughter out, lying her on Justin’s belly while Brian cut the cord. The nurse took her and weighed and measured her and cleaned her up, then when wrapped snuggly, she was given to Justin to hold. Both men had tears in their eyes. Giving her to Brian so they could sew him up, Justin looked at Brian and said, “I’m so glad you came into my life. Her name is Deborah Leigh Kinney, after her grandmother's. I love you, hon.”

Brian walked out to the waiting room with a big smile. "Everything is great! She is 6 pounds 10 ounces and 20 inches long." A nurse came and said Justin and the baby were in their room.

“Maw, Mom Taylor? Are you ready to see your granddaughter? They will take her to the nursery after you get a chance to hold her. If you others want to wait, you can see her there.”

Entering the room they both kissed Justin, then Jennifer got to hold her first.

“Her name is Deborah Leigh, after you both. “

After both had a chance to hold her, the grandmas left to let Justin rest. Little Debby was taken back to the nursery.

They stop by the waiting room where a pissed-off Lindsey is waiting to see the little girl. They tell the rest that they should be able to go to the nursery to see Debby. Mel, Em, and Ted get up and start to head off to the nursery.

Jennifer looks at Lindsey and asks if she’s going with Mel to see her.

“Brian should escort me there,” she huffs.

“Brian isn’t going to take you there. He’s going to stay with Justin for a while. You are not even a blip on his radar, Lindsey. Get your head out of your ass and realize if you want a child, you have to get a sperm donor. They are not going to let you have either of the babies! THEY. ARE. NOT. YOURS!!”

Of course, Lindsey lurked around in the hallway close to Justin’s room and cornered Justin when Brian left the room to eat.

She no more started in, when a voice spoke up behind her.

“What the fuck are you doing in here Lindsey? Where’s Brian and Justin?” Daphne asked with her hands on her hips.

“He went to lunch. You know, I wonder if we could file a harassment suit against her?” Hitting the call button, Justin told the nurse he needed a security guard to come and escort Ms. Peterson out of his room and she wasn’t allowed in again. As the guard made Lindsey leave, Brian came back with salads and fruit from the deli across the street. He was going to follow Lindsey, but Daphne said she would.

“By the way, Lindsey. I’m going to let the whole country club know about this. I’ll make sure your folks are there when I do. The people there like Justin and Brian, you, not so much. Ta ta!” With a that's that of her hands, she goes back to the room.

"I told her I’m going to tell the people at the club how she’s harassing you. Nancy will love that.” Daphne laughed. “Her mom keeps trying to set her up with guys. Actually, Nancy is reaping what she sowed. Lindsey is just like her.”

Daphne got to hold Debby to feed her, then left. Two days later, the two took the first member of their little family home. Em and Ted came to visit and got to hold Debby. Emmett had to tone it down a bit, but she totally fell in love with him. Ted had her snuggling with him, asleep in minutes.

True to her word, Daphne spread the word about Lindsey’s actions. She cornered Nancy and Lynnette and read them the riot act about Lindsey. Ron tried to protest but she informed him he had lost his balls the day he married Nancy, the manipulative bitch. “Threaten to oust me, I don’t give a damn. I don’t live and breathe this place. Brian is gay and isn’t interested in your daughter. She has the wrong equipment. Get her to back off or I will reap all kinds of hellfire on you!”

Meanwhile, Ted had related Lindsey’s actions to Melanie, who was not pleased to hear about them at all. Especially since Ted had let the whole of Liberty Avenue know at the same time. Mel lit into Lindsey the moment they arrived home, culminating in Mel telling Lindsey to leave that she isn’t putting up with her self entitlement issues anymore.

“I finally opened my eyes to you and realize you wanted Brian to give us a child for money. You want a rich man? Go home and marry a rich wasp. I want you out of my home. NOW! Pack a couple of bags. I’ll pack the rest and have them delivered to your folks.”

No amount of flirting or tears did any good and Lindsey soon found her outside the door. At least she had a car of her own. She tried to find Brian at work but he was working partial days due to the birth of Debby and his impending birth time in two and a half weeks. She had gotten to the loft to find it had been sold. She tried Emmett, Ted, and Deb and they all said she had no business knowing where they lived, but they had a house now. Finally, she went to her folks thinking she’d get money from her father. Nancy and Lynnette were having lunch and they read Lindsey the riot act, but gave Lindsey her old room to move into, with one stipulation, she would marry someone that met their approval.

Two weeks later Augustus (Gus) Victor Kinney was born. A few days early but a healthy 8 lbs 3 ounces and 22 inches long. Where Debby’s hair were thick blonde wisps, Gus had a thick head of chestnut brown hair. So far his eyes were the blue of Justin’s while Debby had hazel eyes. Daphne and Emmett were godparents to Debby, while Ted and Cynthia had that honor for Gus.

On getting Gus home, they got him successfully on a schedule so they only had to get up at midnight for a final feeding till six in the morning.

The two fathers stood in the doorway and gazed at their children. They were so happy and proud of their little family. They wanted more, but agreed to wait till these two were out of diapers so both had implants in their arms to prevent pregnancy.
Chapter End Notes:
Will Lindsey marry a man? How will Mike react to them moving away from Liberty Avenue area?