- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Kids,  Michaels woes, Deb takes over Red Cape for a day, family plans for B/J.

 

 

 

 


  1. Two years later....

 

 

 

       “Grab her Brian! She’s climbing!” Justin yelled while going to clean Gus’ paint covered  hand off. All we did was answer our respective phones and they were off into mischief. 

 

 

 

     Grabbing Debby Brian places her in the playpen. “ You, young lady, have no business climbing. You’ll get hurt and stay put.” She pushed her bottom lip out in a pout, brows pulled together. 

 

 

 

      Justin finished getting the paint off of Gus and placed him in with his sister. He stood looking at his easel , wondering how he reached the tube of paint. “How did he reach the tube of paint? Gus was tall for his age, but not tall enough to reach the shelf of the easel.

 

 

 

         Daphne walked in and laughed, “Justin, he simply shook the easel. The tube fell and he grabbed and squeezed. You’ll have to start putting the cap on.” Seeing the guilty look on his face she shook her head. “Justin, you caught her and Brian you got to Debby. Things happen, they are all right.” 

 

 

 

            They let the two out, but kept a close eye out. They each headed for their potty chairs. A loud whoop was heard by Daphne as they successfully did number one and two in the pot. 

 

 

 

                Giving them a toddler treat as an award for successfully using the potty, they settled them down for their naps.

 

 

 

                  Daphne said, “I’ve got some gossip. Lindsey took off with an artist. Word is she packed three suitcases and a vanity case and they took off for Paris. He was some messy looking guy that she took to the country club to show off. She says they’re  getting married. Her mother is thrilled she’s no longer a lesbian.”

 

 

 

                   “Sam Auerbach! He was at the Warhol last week. She will be wife num..ber five I think. He does love his groupies too. It’s said he has threesomes with two women at a time.” Justin said.

 

 

 

 

 

                     “Well, if worst comes to worst she’ll do her best to latch onto a good looking artist in Paris.” Brian laughed. “She will use the marriage to get money from him when they split.” 

 

 

 

                       On Sunday they took the kids to the park where they enjoyed swinging, sliding and playing in the sandbox. Deb called and insisted that they come to dinner that evening, not taking no for an answer. They walked into Debs to find Deb lecturing Mike about behaving himself. He glared at Justin until Vic whacked him upside his head.

 

 

 

                      “It’s your own fault Brian isn’t your friend anymore. All you have to do is accept that Justin is in his life.” Vic told him. 

 

 

 

                        “That’s not it Uncle Vic! I asked Brian to help me pay the bank payment/on my shop and he said no.” Crossing his arms and scowling at Brian.

 

 

 

                         “Mike, the whole point of the shop,is to sell not just comics but collectibles as well. You have multiples of a lot of them and you refuse to sell them! I’m not giving you money for the mortgage when you have money sitting in your shop. Sell something!”

 

 

 

                           “What!!!” Deb yelled.” Michael Charles! I’m off tomorrow, so I’ll be at your shop to go over your inventory and we’ll sell your extras. We’ll put a sign up announcing a sale.”

 

 

 

                               “Maw, he can put them on E-Bay too. Also make sure that you take the money to the bank each day. They should hold off on foreclosure.”

 

 

 

                  The next day Deb showed up at Michael’s shop. He had Ted show her what to do when selling on eBay, plus Justin made some signs for the sale. Michael pouted and griped till he threw him out and had one of Babylons bouncers stand guard to keep him out. At the end of the day she grabbed Michael by the ear, walk or lose it!,  and led him to the bank.  To everyone’s surprise they paid half the mortgage and payments were cut in half. Deb had them add her name to the mortgage with orders to check with her first before lending any money to Michael. 

 

 

 

                    “ Michael! You get yourself in a jam again and I’ll let you lose the store!” Deb told him shaking her finger in his face. 

 

 

 

                     “ Brian should be willing to help me. He owe me for taking care of….” 

 

 

 

                 WHACK!  “ Listen you ungrateful little shit! He doesn’t owe us anything! Lord, I owe him a big apology for making him responsible for you. I used your stupid teenage crush that lasted too fucking long to not have to deal with you. Get over it and yourself Michael!”  She stomped off to wash dishes leaving Michael glaring at her back. 

 

 

 

  ________________ Brian and Justin’s 

 

 

 

                    “Deb ran Michael out of his store so she could sell in piece, Justin. She cut his mortgage in half and added her name with the stipulation that they check everything with her. That include him buying anything and everything. I figure he’ll find a way around it. She told me she wasn’t bailing him out again.” Brian said as they sat down with the kids to eat. 

 

 

 

                    Justin had fixed pickled beets and he mashed a bit and gave them to the kids. 

 

 

 

                       “ They like them! But, we should go easy on the vinegar.” He smiled at Brian who gagged at the thought of the beets. 

 

 

 

                         “Have you ever tried them pickled?” At his no Justin coaxed him into trying a small  taste. When Justin cleared the table the beets were gone and a bit of juice was left on Brian’s plate. 

 

 

 

                         After watching a Disney cartoon they got the kid’s baths and read a story to them in bed.  The two settled in for the night. After some rousing lovemaking, they cuddled together and talked about having more kids. They decided to try for two more so there wouldn’t be a big difference in ages. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

So hopefully two mre for BJ and Michael learned a lesson?

To be continued.
Frosty70 is the author of 13 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked Our Love Child also liked 426 other stories.