- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Each chapter is a stand alone but is related to a certain part of the Intersect timeline. While there may be chapters consisting of what happened before Intersect and after 5x13, there won't be scenes that feature any part of the timeline that has not yet been posted (except for maybe here at Kinnetik Dreams but only because I am still in the process of transferring Intersect over here.) I hope you enjoy! If you have any requests to see a certain scene depicted or want to know more about a character, contact me or leave a review to let me know!

 

Disclaimer: All recognizable characters belong to Cowlip, Showtime, and other respective owners. No copyright infringement intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

March 5, 2015: Lily and Duncan have a bit of a disagreement regarding the monarchy of the moon.

Thursday, March 5th, 2015

 

It’s been the bestest Thursday ever. Daddy came home early and had Duncan with him. She knew he was supposed to come but she forgot so imagine her surprise when Daddy and Duncan came home! She squealed and jumped up and down, hugging them both. Her daddy picked her up to hug her. He does that a lot because he loves her so much, as does Papa. Even though they’re SUPER old and sometimes get tired of playing, she loves them too.

 

“You and Duncan want to help me with dinner or do you want to go play?” Daddy asks, after he kisses her nose.

 

Even though she knows she should keep her daddy company and doesn’t want to hurt his feelings, she just got new costumes when there was a sale at the toy store.

 

So Lily looks at him with sympathy and says, “You’re okay at making food, Daddy. I want to play.”

 

Her daddy laughs a little and says, “Knock yourselves out but say goodbye to Jess first.”

 

Lily runs over to Jess to give her a big hug then says, “Thank you for picking me up from preschool, Jess!”

 

Jess smiles, “You’re welcome, sweetie. I’ll see you tomorrow after school, okay?”

 

Lily nods then takes Duncan’s hand to lead him up to her room.

 

“Come on, Duncan! We have so much stuff to do! You’re going to meet my rats!”

 

“Okay!” Duncan says as he follows her.

 

Lily opens her bedroom door and lets Duncan in before ordering, “Sit over there! I don’t want you dropping Vernon or Bianca.”

 

Duncan glares, “I don’t drop things!”

 

Lily rolls her eyes. She just can’t take that chance. Boys can be so clumsy. The ones at her preschool get into so many things and always get in trouble and, even though Duncan is different, she will not risk it.

 

“This is Bianca,” she says, handing him the rat, “You have to be extra careful.”

 

“I will,” Duncan mumbles as he takes the rat, “Why is it sniffing at me like that?”

 

“He,” Lily corrects, “He’s sniffing you because he likes you!”

 

Duncan giggles as he plays with Bianca and Lily smiles. She’s so happy they get along. Bianca is so nice and Duncan is nice too so she figured they would. Vernon is still shy so she only lets Duncan pet him before putting the rats back.

 

“Let’s play dress up,” Lily announces before running over to get her costume trunk. Do you want to be a cowboy or a astranut?”

 

“Astronaut,” Duncan says. He says the word sort of funny but she doesn’t say anything. She just puts on her tiara and puts her dress on over her clothes before handing Duncan his suit and helmet. They play for a while and it’s super fun.

 

“I’m princess, no…I’m QUEEN of the moon and you are an astranut from…Chicago. You moved to the moon and are looking for a new place to live and I’m going to help you!”

 

“Okay!” Duncan agrees then looks around, “Lil-”

 

“Queen Lily,” Lily reminds him.

 

Duncan looks at her with raised eyebrows before correcting himself.

 

“Queen Lily, where can I live here? I need a house.”

 

Lily straightens her crown and taps her chin.

 

“Hmm, let’s see. How about over here?”

 

Lily takes Duncan’s hand and leads him in the play house in the corner of her room.

 

“It’s beautiful, right? But scary aliens sometimes peek in the windows,” Lily reveals, looking in.

 

“Aliens?” Duncan says, a little scared.

 

“Yes, aliens. To make them not hurt you, you leave them…broccoli and cottage cheese every night!”

 

Duncan gets an absolutely disgusted look on his face, “Yucky!”

 

Lily nods solemnly, “It’s the yuckiest thing ever.”

 

The two children burst into giggles before Lily stands up straight.

 

I have to take care of the moon. You go to bed right now or you go to jail!”

 

Duncan glares, “That’s not nice!”

 

Lily shrugs, “I’m Queen Lily so I’m boss.”

 

Duncan gets up and stomps, “I want to be queen!”

 

Lily puts her hands on her hips and huffs, “I said I’m queen!”

 

“I want to be queen now!”

 

“Queens HAVE to wear pretty dresses. You have no pretty dresses. You don’t like dresses.”

 

“So? I’ll wear that one!” Duncan says as he points at Lily’s dress.

 

Lily purses her lips and growls. Sometimes Duncan can be so difficult.

 

“Fine!” Lily says, tearing off her dress and shoving her tiara into his hands, “YOU can be the queen but you won’t know how. It’s hard!”

 

Duncan sticks out his tongue then says, “I can be queen. Just watch!”

 

Lily sticks her tongue back out at him before taking the astranut suit and putting it on, “Fine, Queen Duncan, what do you want me to do?”

 

Duncan gets the dress on, puts on the tiara, and studies Lily before ordering, “Jump up and down!”

 

Lily jumps up and down, “What now?”

 

“You…have to go fight monsters!” Duncan exclaims, “They’re over there!”

 

Lily looks over, sees Duncan pointing at her stuffed animals, and gasps, “Oh no! I’m scared!”

 

“No! You’re an astronaut! Go!”

 

Lily takes a deep breath and makes her way to the teddy bears. She picks one up, struggles, and throws it in her closet. The other stuffed animals quiver in fear as Lily says, “And the same will happen to you! Leave the queen alone!”

 

After she has conquered the mission, she holds herself proudly as she goes back over to the queen.

 

“We just HAVE to tell my daddy about the monsters and aliens,” Lily says excitedly.

 

Duncan nods eagerly and they run down the stairs and into the kitchen.

 

“Daddy Daddy Daddy!” Lily chants, “There’s monsters and aliens upstairs but I got ‘em because I’m an astranut!”

 

Her daddy turns and looks down then does a double take at Duncan.

 

“I’m Astranut Lily and he’s Queen Duncan,” Lily explains, “I was the queen but Duncan didn’t want to go to bed so I could take care of the moon so me and Duncan switched and now he’s Queen. He has me fighting monsters!”

 

Duncan nods, holding his tiara in place, “There’s big monsters up there!”

 

Daddy starts laughing a lot as he turns away before saying, “I’m going to FaceTime your Dad. I’m sure he will want to see his son’s high authoritative status.”

 

Lily doesn’t know exactly what he finds so funny and Duncan doesn’t seem to either but they stand there and look at him with big eyes as the phone rings.

 

“Brian! You never FaceTime unless it’s for Lily and Duncan!” Emmett’s voice exclaims.

 

“I don’t particularly want to see your mug every time I’m on the phone with you,” Daddy says, “But I figure you would want to see this.”

 

Daddy turns the phone to her and and Duncan and they both smile and wave.

 

“Hi, Daddy!” Duncan yells, waving enthusiastically.

 

Emmett gasps in delight puts a hand to his mouth to stifle a giggle, “Duncan, baby. You look so pretty! What are you wearing?”

 

“I’m queen!” Duncan exclaims, “Queens wear dresses so I had to wear a dress so Lily can’t be queen now!”

 

Emmett nods, “Well, it’s beautiful.”

 

Duncan scrunches his nose and shakes his head, “I don’t like it. It’s pink.”

 

Lily gasps and turns to him in offense, “Hey! It’s really pretty!”

 

“On you. Not for me,” Duncan says as he starts to remove the tiara.

 

“Brian, Brian,” Emmett says quickly, “Get a picture before he moves another muscle. Please. I have to have a picture of that.”

 

“What?” Brian scoffs, “So you can blackmail him when he’s in high school?”

 

“No, of course not!” Emmett says, “For memories. You know my baby. He may never wear another dress again!”

 

Daddy rolls his eyes, “You say that like it’s a bad thing.”

 

Daddy takes a picture of them anyway and sends it to Emmett.

 

“Thank you,” Emmett says sweetly before squealing, “Drewsie is going to think it’s so cute!”

 

“Somehow, I doubt it. Talk to you later, Emmett. Have a good night with him.”

 

Daddy hangs up the phone and looks down at them.

 

“Astronaut Lily. Queen Duncan. Dinner will be served shortly. If you could don a more casual look, I would greatly appreciate it.”

 

The two of them look up at Daddy, confused. He talks so funny sometimes.

 

“Go put your costumes away,” Daddy clarifies.

 

Lily lets out a put upon sigh, “Fine! Come on, Duncan!”

 

Lily starts walking out of the room and her daddy says, “Duncan?”

 

Both of them turn and Duncan walks a little closer to her daddy.

 

“Don’t let Lily fool you. There are kings too. They don’t have to wear dresses.”

 

Duncan looks relieved at that and Lily stares up at him in shock.

 

“What? Kings?” Lily says, baffled.

 

“They’re like queens but they’re boys. They don’t wear dresses. Unless they want to, I guess,” Daddy explains.

 

“There are boy queens?” Lily says, “They are the boss?”

 

“Sure.”

 

Lily shakes her head in disgust, “That’s the stupidest thing ever. Boys are loud and gross.”

 

“Hey!” Duncan says, offended.

 

“Except for Duncan,” Lily says quickly, “But…that’s dumb.”

 

“My daughter, the femnazi,” Brian laughs, “Now, as the king of this house, I order you to go put your stuff away and come downstairs. Papa will be home any minute.”

 

Lily rolls her eyes at him which gets her the look but oh well. That happens every day.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading! Please review!