- Text Size +

Heavy Blitz: Towel-Camera-Water= 3 Little Words Challenge



“Well that was one way to get rid of them,” Brian chuckled, shutting the front door.


Justin laughed and kissed a raindrop from Brian’s upper lip. “Next time, all we have to do is pray for rain.”


“Hopefully, there won’t be a next time,” Brian replied, walking into the kitchen after Justin. He cautiously placed Jasmine in her swing and pushed the button to play her favorite lullaby. “Unless we invite them,” he added.


“She loves that song,” Justin observed, “and she just may be starting to like the swing.”


“I think you’re right,” Brian said stepping away from the seat as it swung toward him.

“Look, she’s smiling!”


“It’s probably just gas,” Justin laughed.


“I know a Sunshine smile when I see one,” Brian huffed, crossing his arms.


Justin was about to comment on Brian’s sappy words when he remembered…“We left the camera out back!”


“Well go get it,” Brian said quickly. “I didn’t spend seven hundred dollars on that thing so it could get trashed!”


“Come with me,” Justin said, running over toward the doors. “I don’t like storms.”


“What about Jasmine?” Brian really didn’t want to get wet.


“She’ll be fine for a few minutes,” Justin assured.


Brian reluctantly followed Justin outside. The rain hadn’t developed into a real storm, there wasn’t any thunder or lightning, but it came down in heavy constant drops.


Justin searched the tables out in the yard to see where he’d left the Nikon. Finally spotting it, he took off running, the cool rain soaking through his t-shirt, matting his hair against his face and making his jeans tighten on his legs.


Brian stopped in the center of the yard and watched his husband. There was something extremely sexy about watching Justin run through the rain. He waited for Justin to grab the camera and almost turned to go back inside; but stopped when he saw Justin turn back and smile at him. He stood in place, transfixed, caught up in the feelings that coursed through him.


Justin laughed as he nearly ran right into Brian. “I got it,” he said, pulling on Brian’s arm as he continued to run for the house.


Brian made quick strides through the muddy grass and pulled Justin against his body. The sudden movement and Justin’s momentum caused them to almost fall. “Whoa,” Brian laughed, wrapping his arms around Justin’s waist.


“What are you doing?” Justin asked, drops of water splashing off his lips as he talked. “We’re getting soaked,” he said needlessly, smiling widely at his husband.


Brian smoothed his hands up Justin’s damp t-shirt and threaded his fingers through the blond stringy hair. “The rain is making you smile?” Brian asked, the sound of the sudden storm nearly drowning out his words.


Justin held the camera between their chests and pressed his body as close to Brian’s as he could. He wondered how it could be that rain made him feel peaceful. He blinked the water from his eyes, stood up on his tiptoes, and placed his wet mouth against Brian’s lips.


Brian closed his eyes as he kissed Justin, harder, longer, and fuller than he remembered kissing him in too long of a time. Their kiss continued, but it wasn’t laced with the sexual desperation and need many of their kisses were. It was warm, even in the cold rain, it slow, even with the quickly falling drops that escaped into their mouths; it was a kiss of reconnection. He pulled his mouth away from Justin’s reluctantly and commented softly, “You taste like sugary rain.”


Justin shivered. “Come on,” he said. “Let’s see if the swing put Jasmine out, maybe we’ll be able to get in the shower before she wakes up.”


“K,” Brian spoke, feeling heady from their kiss.


Justin trudged inside and sighed when he saw Jasmine was wide-awake. “Well, at least she likes the swing,” he said.


Brian nodded, “We should get more of them and put one in every room of the house.”


“Don’t you think that’s a little over the top?” Justin asked, grabbing a large towel from one of the drawers and throwing it at Brian.


Brian dried his face off as he walked toward the laundry room and called over his shoulder,

“Fine, at least one for her room too.”


Justin patted himself dry and looked curiously at his daughter. “So, I’ve been thinking. You had a lot of excitement today and I really think you should sleep for at least an hour without waking up. Do you think you can do that?”


Jasmine of course promised nothing. She just stared up at Justin, her blue eyes batting open and closed in time with the swinging.


Brian returned from the laundry room with a pair of sweats and a t-shirt of Justin’s. “Go put these on and carry her upstairs. I’ll bring the swing up after you.”


“Thanks.” Justin kissed Brian quickly and walked into the hall bathroom. After turning on the light, he looked in the mirror and winced as he took in his reflection. “You look like a drowned rat,” he spoke aloud. “You need a break, or you may not survive.”


“Justin?” Brian yelled in despair.


“What?” Justin asked. I’ve been in here two seconds! he thought to himself. What could’ve happened in….


“Where’s Trask?” Brian asked, the sound of his footsteps coming down the hall.


Justin peeled off his t-shirt and debated shoving it in his mouth so he could scream. Instead, he threw it into the bathtub and opened the door, just as Brian reached the bathroom. “Trask is outside, probably in his doggy house.”


“He’s not.” Brian answered shortly. “Don’t you think he would’ve found us when we went out back?”


“Shit!” Justin swore and shucked his pants and underwear off him. “I bet Emmett didn’t shut the side gate when he was making a run for his car.”


“I just hope he’s not run off for good,” Brian shouted, storming toward the front of the house.


Torn between being happy that Brian had just shown how much he cared for the Husky and being scared that something had happened to his dog, nausea clamored around in his stomach. He heard Brian throwing open the door and he dressed as quickly as he could.


“Get in here!” Brian ordered.


Justin sighed in relief and stepped out into the hall. “Was he in…”


“Fuck!” Brian yelled. “No Trask!”


Justin ran toward the foyer and saw Trask bounding into the living room, covered in mud and headed straight for the white sofa. “Kill me now!” he shouted.


Trask yipped happily, as he bounded up onto the couch.


“Wahhhhhh!” Jasmine cried from the kitchen.


“You asked for it,” Brian growled, looking at Justin.


“What one do you want?” Justin asked, listening to Jasmine’s cries.


“That’s the last thing you should ask me right now,” Brian replied, laughing menacingly.


“Brian!” Justin gasped.


“Take her upstairs, I’m still wet so I’ll take care of Trask. He’s going in the garage tonight and I don’t want to hear a word about his hurt feelings from you. Got it?”


“Got it,’ Justin shouted running down the hall to get Jasmine before she worked herself up to the point where he couldn’t comfort her.

TBC in Heavy Conversation