- Text Size +

Heavy Conversation: Best-Date-Ever = 3 Little Words Challenge



“God, Justin,” Daphne swooned, “it was so romantic. After dinner we went for a walk along the beach, he held my hand and we talked until almost midnight. When I got cold, he even offered me his jacket. It was like something out of the movies.”


“Sounds like you had the best date ever,” Justin commented, yawning with every word he spoke. Trask hopped onto the sofa and curled against him. He knew Brian would probably bitch if he saw him on the very couch he nearly destroyed, but the guilt of having Trask sleep in the garage still festered within him. It made him decide against telling the dog to get down anytime he'd tried to jump up onto the couch since.


“It was,” Daphne said dreamily. “But then he wanted to take me back to his hotel room and…”


Justin frowned. “I guess you couldn’t do anything with him, huh?”


“No,” Daphne admitted, “and I told him why.”


“You did?” Justin asked surprised. “What did he say?”


“He was really weird about it at first,” Daphne admitted. “But that’s because I started by simply saying, ‘Juan I had a baby a few months ago and I can’t have sex until I’ve cleared it with my doctor’, which was a totally stupid thing to say.”


“Oh my god!” Justin laughed. “What were you thinking?”


“I don’t know,” Daphne admitted. “I was so fucking nervous and I just started babbling.”


“I’m sorry, Daphne. I know when we talked about how the baby would affect your dating life, I guess we…”


“Stop, Justin,” Daphne interrupted. “I’ll never regret having Jasmine for you and Brian. She’s worth more than any relationship. Besides, it’s not like I thought going on vacation to San Diego would be anything more than a vacation. I definitely didn’t think I’d meet a guy I liked and actually wanted to fuck so soon.”


“So what happened? I mean, you did explain yourself and us, right?”


“Yeah,” Daphne answered, “and he still wants to see me.”


“You’re actually considering a long-distance relationship with him?” Justin asked, surprised.


“He’s from Philly, Justin,” Daphne replied. “And before you say anything; he doesn’t want to rush into anything and neither do I. Before you even think it, or fear it, I’m not going to get married to him and even if I did, I wouldn’t ever take Jasmine from you. She’s your and Brian's child.”


Justin swallowed around the lump in his throat. “I know you wouldn’t.”


“So, tell me, how are you and Brian? How’s Jasmine?”


“Brian and I are… okay and Jasmine’s… great,” Justin told her.


“I can hear your frustration over the phone, so don’t bother hiding it. What’s really going on?”


“Jasmine doesn’t sleep,” Justin admitted. “At least not longer than an hour. If we want her to sleep for more than an hour at a time, one of us has to hold her. Most nights, we’re taking turns rocking her and during the day, we're barely managing to stay awake. Brian hasn’t gone back to work and I haven’t touched a pencil or paintbrush since you left, there isn't any time for it. I have no idea how parents do it when one of them has to work, or even worse, how someone can be a single parent. Brian and I can barely keep up with everything Jasmine requires and there are two of us working our asses off to do it.”


Daphne laughed. "This is exactly why I will probably not ever raise a child."


"It's not so bad," Justin said quickly, "except... some things could be better."


“I'm guessing that sex is out of the question.” Daphne assessed carefully.


“I barely remember what sex is,” Justin said dryly. “We keep getting interrupted any chance we get.”


“What about your family?” Daphne asked. “Haven’t they been helping you?”


“They have. We actually had Debbie watch Trask and Jasmine over night a few weeks ago, but Brian and I were so tired that by the time we got back home, well….” Justin trailed off, unsure if he wanted to admit their dire situation.


“What? Tell me,” Daphne demanded.


“I fell asleep sucking Brian’s cock. By the time we woke up, my mom, Carl and Deb were here with Jasmine, planning an impromptu barbecue. They meant well, but it totally messed up what little bit of a schedule we had going for Jasmine.”


“I’m coming over,” Daphne declared.


“No!” Justin practically shouted in the phone. “You can’t,” he said. “Brian and I have to learn to do this without you.”


“You have learned to do it without me, Justin. I know you and Brian are doing great with her. I’m not worried about how you care for her or anything like that. I’m sure she’s fine. I just want you two to get some time alone. It’ll re-energize you.”


“Are you sure?” Justin asked. “It won’t be too hard for you?”


“I’ll be fine, Justin,” Daphne promised. “You’re not going to deny Jasmine spending time with her Aunt Daphne, are you?”


Justin laughed. “No, I wouldn’t ever do that.”


“Good, then give me a few minutes to get unpacked and I’ll make my way out there.”


Justin felt an immediate sense of relief, but he didn’t want to get too excited until Daphne got there. “Okay, thanks Daphne.”


“No problem. I’ll see you in a bit.”


“Okay, bye.” Justin hung up the phone and smiled as Brian walked into the living room.


Brian sat down on the freshly cleaned sofa beside Justin and Trask. “Why are you smiling, Sunshine?”


Justin grinned wider, happy once again to hear that term of affection from his husband.

“That was Daphne,” he answered, “she’s going to come over and see Jasmine.”


Brian groaned, “Not more 'helpful' family.”


Justin lazily pet Trask and decided that he wouldn’t tell Brian the real reason Daphne was coming over; he’d let it be a surprise. The last thing he wanted to do was give Brian his millionth case of blue balls, if something happened and their plans fell through.


TBC in Heavy Completion