Brian Kinney needs a last minute date to join him at a client’s wedding, so he grabs the first available guy he sees - a naive, sheltered, and unsophisticated blond boy that he saves from a mental hospital. A boy who’s got a very unusual past. This is the story of their adventure together. Oh, and Justin doesn’t like wearing shoes for some reason . . .
*Reader's Choice Award, Favorite Friendship: Brian/Justin and Justin/Animals*
Categories: QAF US
, Reader's Choice Award Characters: Brian Kinney
, Justin Taylor
Tags: 100k+ Word Count
, Abuse/Child AbuseGenres: Alternate Universe
, RomancePairings: Brian/Justin
None Series: Barefoot Blond Series
63191 ePub Downloads:
May 04, 2016 Updated:
May 31, 2017
Written for NaNoWriMo 2015!
NOTE: This story is loosely based on the movie "Barefoot"
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. This site holds no connection to and is not endorsed by: Channel IV, Russell T. Davies, Showtime, CowLip Productions or any of the other writers and producers of either the UK or the US/NA Queer As Folk series. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.
1. Chapter 1 - Lithium by samcdee [Reviews - 2] (4600 words)
Welcome to our new collaboration! Hope you enjoy the adventure!
2. Chapter 2 - Smells Like Team Spirit by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (3595 words)
We're having so much fun writing we thought we'd go ahead and give you another chapter today. Enjoy!
3. Chapter 3 - All Apologies by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (3242 words)
Brian and his last minute 'date' are on their way to Oregon . . . high altitude high jinx ensue . . . Enjoy!
4. Chapter 4 - Heart Shaped Box by samcdee [Reviews - 2] (3423 words)
Brian and Justin have arrived at their hosts' home. But, before they can get settled in for the weekend, Justin's got some more new experiences to suffer through. Although, suffering isn't really the word I'd use here . . . Enjoy!
5. Chapter 5 - Come As You Are by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (4376 words)
It's time for the Rehearsal Dinner . . . as well as a host of new experiences for our wide-eyed Justin. Enjoy!
6. Chapter 6 - In Bloom by samcdee [Reviews - 2] (4357 words)
So, you wanted a little more insight into Justin's past . . . Enjoy! J.S.T.
7. Chapter 7 - Scoff by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (4084 words)
Our beautiful boys get to strut their stuff at first the wedding and then at the reception. Let's cheer them on! Enjoy! J.S.T.
8. Chapter 8 - Spectre by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (3823 words)
The Wedding Reception . . . You'd think Brian and Justin would have a good time, right? Wrong . . . Read on and you'll see. J.S.T.
9. Chapter 9 - Take It Eeeeeeeasy by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (3647 words)
Brian and Justin find an unexpected way to get out of Portland . . . Enjoy! J.S.T.
10. Chapter 10 - Where Did You Sleep Last Night by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (4732 words)
Brian and Justin's first night on the road . . . Enjoy! J.S.T.
11. Chapter 11 - About a Girl by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (3774 words)
What will Brian think of to take up the time while they're on the road? Bet he never thought he'd be forced to go visit tourist attractions . . . Oh, and there's always long empty lengths of road to encourage deep conversations . . . Poor Brian! Enjoy! J.S.T.
12. Chapter 12 - The Man Who Sold The World by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (3413 words)
How do Brian and Justin fit in with the typical denizens of an RV park? Read on and see! Enjoy! J.S.T.
13. Chapter 13 - Scentless Apprentice by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (3878 words)
Before the boys get back on the road, Justin has a few new tricks he'd like to try out . . . Maybe Brian won't really want to get back to Pittsburgh so fast after all? Enjoy! J.S.T.
14. Chapter 14 - On a Plain by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (6183 words)
Brian and Justin take on the great state of Wyoming . . . Enjoy! J.S.T.
*****Chapter dedicated to Lorie & Lightning - Thanks for the tips on pet skunk etiquette!*****
15. Chapter 15 - You Know You're Right by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (3771 words)
Justin decides to take on the task of teaching Brian how to have fun! You should have fun reading! Enjoy! J.S.T.
16. Chapter 16 - Something in the Way by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (3460 words)
Justin continues with his mission to teach Brian how to have fun. Brian seems to be learning almost as much as his Sunshine on this trip! Go, Brian! Enjoy! J.S.T.
17. Chapter 17 - You Know You're Right by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (4588 words)
Something fun to offset the drama of spending the holidays with your family who probably doesn't know you really ENJOY reading gay porn? J.S.T.
18. Chapter 18 - Dumb by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (4130 words)
Brian's panicking over the news he got from Cynthia that the cops are now looking for him . . . J.S.T.
*****Warning - NOT a light, happy, fluffy chapter. Sorry, folks.*****
19. Chapter 19 - Aero Zepplin by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (4840 words)
And the adventure continues . . . right after Brian makes up to his barefoot blond boy for almost abandoning him. How will they get out of the impending legal storm they're heading right back into, though? You'll have to keep reading to find out. Enjoy! J.S.T.
20. Chapter 20 - Talk to Me by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (4936 words)
This is a BIG . . . NO, HUGE . . . chapter! Be prepared. Lot's going on here! Also, it's pretty much ridiculously romantic so be careful and don't let the sweetness send you into diabetic shock or anything. Read on if you dare, and . . . Enjoy! J.S.T.
*****Chapter dedicated to our wise helpers in the LLLC! Thanks for helping with the smut! Remember, all of you are far above average!*****
21. Chapter 21 - Negative Creep by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (4117 words)
Things are certainly heating up for our boys . . . maybe not in ways you'd like to see though. Hang on to your hats, folks, and enjoy! J.S.T.
22. Chapter 22 - Rape Me by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (3924 words)
Brian and Justin are almost home . . . will they make it in time and be able to resolve all the problems waiting for them? You'll have to read to find out. Enjoy! J.S.T.
23. Chapter 23 - Pennyroyal Tea by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (4987 words)
Sorry to leave you with that cliffie for so long . . . but because you were good, patient little readers, we finally have at least a partial resolution for you. Yay~! Enjoy! J.S.T.
24. Chapter 24 - Opinion by samcdee [Reviews - 0] (3819 words)
Rescuing Brian from the Pittsburgh PD . . . and whatever comes next. Enjoy! J.S.T.
25. Chapter 25 - Love Buzz by samcdee [Reviews - 9] (4382 words)
Everyone ready for the big happily-ever-after ending? If not, turn back now, because here it comes! Thank you to all our readers and to the LLLC for keeping us writing. Hope you all enjoyed the journey with our Barefoot Blond and his Just Brian! J.S.T.