- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I want to thank Tatiana and Nichelle for the beautiful banner. Thank you so much, guys.

This chapter is now beta'd, thanks to Jazzepoet for her awesome work.

The next day, Eric came to his office with some documents to be signed for a new employee. They also discussed about some legality issues regarding one of their accounts.

"You planning on going out for lunch?" Eric asked. Brian glanced down to his wrist to check the time, then nodded.

"Is Ted coming?"

"He was still out with Mr. Morrison."

"Okay. I'll be right out."

They used Brian's Vette and parked right outside the diner. When they entered, he found Justin sitting on the counter talking with someone. Brian couldn't see the guy's face because he was facing Justin and his back was to the door of the diner.

Justin saw him as they entered, and his eyes looked between him and Eric, then he smiled indulgently at them. He waved at Eric as they both snatched a booth from a couple of lesbians who just finished having their lunch.

Eric was waving back to Justin and his companion looked over his shoulder at them. He thought the guy was familiar. Yeah, he was a regular at Babylon.

"You think they are here on a date?" Eric whispered leaning a bit forward. 

Brian shrugged his shoulders trying to act disinterested. The waiter took their orders, then Eric leaned his head forward again.

"But I heard Justin sworn off to any relationship and even to dating."

Now, that perked his interest through the roof "Did he now?"

"Yeah, I heard it from Emmett. He was trying to set him up with someone but Justin refused and told him he wouldn't date and he doesn't want to be in a relationship again, now or ever."

Brian just sat there staring at Eric. If this was true, Brian knew he had a lot more to learn about this new Justin.

"Michael said he was in a relationship with some violinist before he left Pittsburgh. He must have really loved that guy and gotten so hurt, that he felt he doesn't want to be with someone again."

Michael. Of course, he would only tell what he wanted others to believe.

Brian looked Eric straight in the eyes, "Do you want Justin?"

"What?" He asked dumbly as if he didn't expect that question.

"I asked you, if you wanted to date Justin."

Eric gave him a look that Brian couldn't read. He shook his head then fidgeted with a piece of tissue. "No. Justin is hot and all but it isn't him I -- uh, no, Brian, no."

Brian nodded his head then leaning his back on the seat and started to eat his food.

They ate mostly in silence after that and Justin came to their table on his way out. They just exchanged some greetings, then he left them to finish their lunch.

Brian got home late that night and was very tired. His art department had screwed a series of campaigns and it was supposed to be presented the next morning.

When he finally arrived home, he realized he expected Justin to be there. But he had forgotten to text the young man earlier. What with all he had learned from Eric, then it was meeting after meeting the whole afternoon. Not to mention he spent the whole evening  straightening his Art department's screw ups.

He checked his clock and was surprised to find it was already quarter to twelve. He wanted to text Justin to tell him to come over, but it was so late and he was kind of too tired to fuck. He just wanted him there, even just to talk for a while. They could make out, maybe caress a little here and there. A blowjob, hand job, whatever, he just needed to feel connected to Justin in some way.

Brian knew something inside him had shifted. He could feel it in every fiber of his being. He felt a little lighter, too. It was as if some weight had lifted from his chest. He should've expected this, he knew this would have happened. But instead of fighting it, for once, Brian embraced it.

He showered with a soft smile on his face. He couldn't believe himself, sometimes. But he guessed, with regards to Justin, Brian should have known that he didn't have a chance. His defense wouldn't really work after awhile, he had always known that. He had been there, done that already.

Still feeling a little warm inside, he went straight to bed, and within minutes, he was already snoring deep in sleep.

They met up the next night though, and after they came for the second time, Justin was about to stand to get dressed when Brian held his hand stopping him from going.

"It is raining outside, you can sleep here..." He looked at the slightly shocked expression on Justin's beautiful face. It made Brian a bit conscious. "...if you want."

Justin then smiled at him, but shook his head. "It is almost eleven, Jess must be down there in her car waiting for me."

He swear he wanted to say no, wanted to tell Justin that he wanted him to stay. But, fuck the people he called parents, it was really hard to even open his mouth to tell Justin what he really wanted.

With him having this internal battle, Justin continued dressing, kissed him on his lips, then he was gone.

Brian should have even told Justin that there were no reasons for leaving before eleven. Because there was no one coming, there never had been since that first night.

Well, fuck. Brian should do something about his difficulties and insecurities before it would be too late. He knew he was the most conflicted person there was and being a close off like him for a long time, he know it was a long way to start opening up to someone.

It made him doubt himself if he really could do this. Or if it was worth to try to open himself again to someone who had broken his heart before. He even question himself about what he really want with Justin.

But one thing he was sure of, and he couldn't deny it anymore, he was still in love with Justin. He always had been.

He invited him to lunch the next day and met at Iggy's again. Brian wanted to bring Justin to a first class restaurants, but because Justin was so adamant about paying his own food, he simply couldn't do that.

Brian was thinking all throughout the morning about what he really wanted with Justin. And with every twist and turn in his brain, it always came up with the conclusion of wanting Justin back in his life. He longed to have that feeling when they were wrapped around each other the other night.

But, maybe they needed to take it slowly this time. He wanted them to work this out and if Brian was going to do this, it'd better be working.

Call it a relationship or them being boyfriends, he didn't care, he just needed to show Justin that he could. He also needed to convince him to give them another chance, to trust him. To believe that this time, it would be different.

Problem was, he didn't know what to do, where to start or how to convince Justin that he was sincere. It would be a challenge to prove that he was being serious. With the kind of past that they had, he had a hell of a lot of convincing to do.

Justin wasn't the sweet, naive guy that he was eight years ago. He had changed a lot since he left and those changes didn't really favored Brian. Well, he guessed, he'd just have to work slowly. He, too, still had his own issues.

He didn't know what was the catalyst for him to finally decide to take this step. It wasn't that long ago when he loathed every single emotions that he felt toward Justin. 

But, maybe he did know, it was certainly about that said feelings about Justin. The other night, when they were wrapped around each other, was a night like no other. And he wanted to feel that, he wanted to feel Justin.

He didn't have many experiences, but damn him if he wouldn't try to do it, even if it would kill him. He wanted to get to know Justin more than he did when they were together before. He'd maybe start with asking him on a date and he'd just took it from there.

They were sharing a tiramisu, when Brian decided to start his plan.

"Justin, uh, I want to invite you for a lunch tomorrow."

He was silent for a few seconds, mentally checking his schedule. "Okay. 1 pm?"

"Yeah, but not here. Meet me at La Casa d'Italia."

Justin seemed to frown a bit but then he nodded his head and said. "Okay."

Brian beamed at him but contained himself from being too obviously delighted. He was chattering about the account that they almost lost all the way throughout their lunch.

They parted with a decision to meet up that night again.

The next day, Brian and Justin were dining at a very expensive restaurant enjoying the atmosphere with Italian cuisines and music. But when the receipt came Justin was pulling out cash from his wallet asking the waiter his shared amount.

Brian was so taken aback that he didn't react immediately. Seconds later, he told the waiter to return Justin's money, instead charged the bills to his card. He handed the card to the waiter who returned the cash to Justin, then left.

Justin was clenching his jaws but didn't say anything. Brian realized that Justin didn't really catch the meaning of his invitation to this nice restaurant. He probably thought, Brian just wanted to try the food here, like Brian always said before whenever they went out to eat in a posh restaurant.

Justin didn't think that Brian had actually asked him on a date. Well, maybe he needed to let Justin in on a secret.

"Justin, when I asked you yesterday to have lunch here with me, I meant it to be--"

"I told you I'm going to pay for my food. Is it so hard for you to understand it?" He said in a cold tone.

"Justin, I just want to bring you to a nice place. I can afford it and I want us to--"

"--I would've told you that I can't afford it if I couldn't. Is it so hard for you to understand that?"

"Hey, I fully understand, believe me. It is just a meal, Justin, what's the big deal about it if I pay? We used to dine in this kind of restaurants together before and you don't have a problem letting me pay for us. Why the change now?" 

Brian was actually baffled by Justin's reluctance of letting him pay. He couldn't believe they would end their lunch, that was so great just a moment ago, in a battle of whose going to pay the bill.

Justin seemed to deflate a little. "Because people change, Brian. We don't stay the same from what we were years ago."

"You don't say." He snickered thinking about the irony of it all. How before, it was Justin who was begging for just a crumbs of his attention, and now Brian was the one desperate to have it back again.

"Seven tonight?" Brian asked taking the card from the waiter.

Justin nodded. "I'll bring Chinese." Brian was about to protest but Justin cut him out. "Don't argue, Brian."

He defeatedly nodded his head then walked out of the restaurant with Justin, simply guiding him with his hand on the small of the young man's back.

The week following, they were both having lunch at a Taco house, just three blocks away from Kinnetik. Brian hadn't tried asking Justin out to a high end restaurant again, he needed to formulate a plan. He didn't need to freak Justin again like that.

Brian thought about his and Justin's situation long and hard. He kind of observed Justin for few days and he came to a decision not to sit and talked to him. He had a feeling that it wouldn't work that way with Justin. He didn't know why or how he knew it, but it was a strong hunch that Justin would react negatively if Brian would tell him he wanted them officially together.

He needed to play his cards right. He'd take it slow, get to know Justin more and let the young man know him too. Brian thought, it would be best to start on a middle ground, being him and Justin as equals. 

It wasn't as if he'd like to forget their past relationship or his past mistakes, but Brian wanted to have another fresh start with Justin. 

He wanted them to have a new relationship not based on what or how they were before, or how Justin perceived him from years ago. But instead, Brian wanted to let Justin see by himself that Brian had grown up too. He'd show him not by words or promises, but by his actions and being patience. He thought this was the best plan he could come up at this type of situation.

But the longing to be with Justin for more than just a couple of hours a night was the hardest one to deal with. Sometimes, it frustrated him to no end that Justin still refused his invitation for a sleep over. 

Sometimes, those frustrations turned into a temporary madness. He'd be unrealistically and spontaneously blurting out things that he shouldn't even be considering, just yet. Like the one that day.

"Let's go to New York this weekend." Brian said excitedly. "We'll drive Friday night and back Sunday late afternoon."

Justin was looking at him like he grew three heads. "We can't, Brian."

"Why not?"

"Duh, It would be too obvious. How will you explain our two days absence 'together' to our friends?"

He wanted to say 'who cares?' but he couldn't. He knew it would stir a lot of unwanted attentions. He wanted to concentrate on winning Justin first without the interference of their friends, good intentions or not.

"You're right." He conceded, it wasn't the right time, he knew that.

"I need to go."

"I'll drive you."

"Brian."

"Justin."

"I can take a cab."

"I was afraid you'd say Jess was outside."

"Are you mocking me?" Justin's voice had suddenly become cold.

"No." He cleared his throat. "I was meaning to ask you this, by the way, why haven't you buy a car already?"

"I don't have a license."

"Then get one."

"Later. Not now."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I don't think I really need it."

"Of course you do. Everyone needs a car."

"Just drop it already, please."

He did.

November came, and the air became a little bit colder and Brian was on his busiest months with all the thanksgiving and Christmas campaigns they were preparing.

He was still meeting Justin almost every night though and he hadn't stepped to Babylon except Friday and Saturday nights.

They went out to have lunch sometimes, but because of their schedules clashed most of the time, they hadn't gone out much more often as Brian liked. But he was being a little more attentive to Justin when they were together in the evening. 

He'd make sure that he'd somehow let the young man knew through his touch that he was being cared for. He texted him everyday, even just to greet him a 'very good morning'. 

Also, as much as he yearned to be with Justin, he wanted him to care for him too, just like he did before. And he'd be willing to wait for that day to come. He'd die trying.

Less than three weeks before thanksgiving, Brian texted him around 4 pm. They had just finished the campaign for Goodyear Tires and they were even a couple days ahead of schedule. He was in a high spirit and he just wanted to be with Justin.

"Busy?"

"Party was over at 2pm. On our way to the shop."

"And you are free to go?"

"Yes"

"Meet me on the bus stop 2 blocks from the shop. 5pm."

"5pm? Why?"

"Surprise"

"Brian"

"Justin"

"I'll just go straight to the loft."

"We're not going to the loft."

"Where?"

"Omg, Justin!"

"What?"

"Just meet me there, okay? Bus stop. 5. Ta-ta."

Brian left the office and went home to change from his suit to a casual one, then packed a new suit, underwear, socks and his toiletries.

Justin was sitting on the bench biting his fingernails when Brian stopped his car in front of him. He was asking nonstop since he hopped in about their destination, but Brian just smiled and mysteriously said 'Just relax, will you.'

They drove for about fifteen minutes when he realized Brian parked in front of the Fairmont Hotel.

"Brian, what are we doing here?"

"Their executive suite is really good. They have whirlpool, I want us to try it."

"You don't have to spend this much just for a whirlpool, Brian." But he was being ignored. Justin dejectedly opened the car door when Brian was already out and handing his car key to a valet.

"Let's go." He walked over where Justin stood and wrapped his arm on his shoulder. "Will you relax?"

"My god, I dressed like a--"

"Stop it, you'll be out of it in a minute or two, anyway." He leered and wiggled his eyebrows at him. "Ouch." He painfully grimaced when Justin elbowed him.

"You deserve it."

They checked in and rode the elevator to the 21st floor. Justin was in awe when they entered the luxury suite and Brian wrapped his arms around him from behind.

"I just want us to relax, okay? No thinking about the cost, the people outside, our work. Let us just be us. Here. Now." He felt Justin stiffened for a fraction of seconds, but when he started to kiss Justin's neck while his hands roamed inside his shirt, he visibly relax on his arms.

Justin turned around and they kissed passionately moaning into each other's mouth. Brian nudged him to hop on to him, Justin toed his shoes off, leaping and wrapping his legs around Brian's waist.

He carried them to the bed, but instead of throwing Justin in to it, he backed him to the wall next to the window. They were kissing frantically now and grinding their dicks together.

When they couldn't take it anymore, Brian lowered his feet down to the floor and took Justin's shirt off and unzipped his pants. He removed his own clothes, taking the supplies from his pocket, throwing it to the bed.

He pushed Justin back and he fell to the bed, Brian couldn't wait any longer and so he pounced on him. They were rutting and biting and scratching and nipping on each other's body, granting into each other's mouth.

Brian prepared Justin for a short time, then he was ramming in with all the intensity he could master. Justin was digging his nails on Brian's back while Brian was kissing him roughly and sucking his tongue.

It was fast and rough and so hard that Justin thought his body turned to a jelly after they came. Brian slumped his body on top of Justin's, crushing him with his weight while burying his nose to his sweaty neck.

After pulling out and arranging themselves in to a spooning position they both slept peacefully around each other.

Brian woke up to a furiously ringing of Justin's phone. He reached for it on the floor and saw Jess was calling. He terminated it and put in on silent. Damn, it was already almost 10 pm. Did they really sleep for 4 hours?

He hugged Justin from behind, peppering his neck with kisses. He groaned and squirmed a little, but didn't wake up. Brian gently ran his hand on his arm, then softly whispered, "Hey".

Justin groaned again, putting his hand on top of Brian's which was still running on his naked arm. "Hey, time is it?"

"Justin," he whispered while still kissing his neck. He kissed it so softly that Justin got goosebumps breaking his entire skin.

"Hmm, what?"

"Let's stay here tonight?"

He felt Justin's body had frozen. "Please..." He added, his voice was in borderline desperation already.

He just wanted this night with Justin. Just the two of them.

"Okay." He heard him say and his heart leaped through the roof of the hotel. He smiled and hugged Justin tightly into his chest kissing his nape.

"You have to call Jess though she woke me up with the incessant ringing of your phone." He handed the said phone to Justin then wrapping his arm around the young man again.

In just a matter of seconds, Justin was already talking to a hysterical Jess on the phone.

"Jess, hey, hey, I'm okay." Justin was saying and Brian could hear the woman's voice so loudly. "Jess... Jess, I know, I know and I'm sorry."

"I'm with Brian. We kinda got asleep." He paused, the girl was in frenzied. "I'm sorry. No, we aren't at the loft."

"Jess, I'll stay with Brian tonight, okay?" Paused again. "I know... I know. I haven't forgotten that. I'll be home tomorrow. Bye."

"Justin, I hate to say this, but Jess seems to think she's your mother not your cousin." Brian said and Justin let out a deep sigh.

"She knew I'm her cousin and not her son, Brian, I'm even older than her by couple of months for god sake, but..." He was biting his lower lip as he always did if he was in deep thinking. "... We just looking out for each other, you know.

"I don't. You never mentioned her before. But I guess, what matters is, you have someone who will always be there for you. You didn't even mention before that you are this generation's Stevie Wonder."

They chuckled a little bit, but Justin became serious and started to relate to him his life with his blood family, way before the of them met.

"We grew up together, Brian, we were almost like twins, what's with our mothers giving birth with only 2 months apart. We were inseparable. In second grade, we met Daphne, and we became like triplets.

"At first, my uncle John and Craig were like brothers. My uncle and my mother inherited an electronic store from their father. My mother had already withdrawn her share when she married my father. The store was still the original one, though it was big, but it was only one. My parents used the money to buy their first house.

"Few years after, my uncle turned his store into a very successful one that branches out to more than a dozen throughout Pittsburgh and Philly. Since my father didn't have a good paying job and I was going to school that time, he took my father under his wings and showed him the ropes of how to be a successful businessman. He thought him the ins and outs of his business. In short, Craig double crossed my uncle and Davis Electronics became Taylor Electronics.

"Jess and I were thirteen then, and I don't know how Craig did it, but he legalized everything. My uncle was left with just his house and my aunt's small fashion boutique business. He had beaten the hell out of Craig and spent some time in jail for assault. After that, they decided to just move out of Pittsburgh to Ohio. He asked my mom to come with them. Well, obviously she didn't and my uncle told her to never contact any of his family if my mom could take what Craig had done to him.

"Daphne was the one who made the communications between me and Jess a possibility. It was a long agonizing months before we talked again and we did it secretly. For so long I kept it a secret and it became this routine. Every Tuesday evening, her parents were coming home especially late, because they were selling local craft on a fair in Ohio that held every Tuesday.

"I started calling from Daphne's house until they went away for a summer vacation for two months. Then I started to call her in my room with a locked door. I guess, I did it for so long that even when I was at Debbie's, I locked myself up every Tuesday. Even if I didn't have a reason to do it anymore."

Brian was totally stunned. Craig was a mother fucking son of a bitch. Justin shifted turning to face him, gauging his reaction to his revelation. 

Brian leaned down to kiss him. "I don't know what to say. Except Craig is a mother fucking son of a bitch."

Justin lightly chuckled. Brian also thought about those times when Justin locked up in his room on Tuesday, he was so curious then. Now, he had the explanation for it.

Then as if on cue, his stomach rumbled loudly. They laughed and Brian reached for the hotel phone asking Justin what he wanted to eat.

They ordered and took a shower together and when the food arrived it was almost midnight. 

He asked Justin about Daphne while they were having their late dinner. He said, when she went to Chicago to complete her studies there, their communications lessened. 

Last he heard, after she graduated, she went with his boyfriend, Gustav, a Swedish guy, and moved to Sweden with him. He didn't know if she was still there or if she was married to him. Her old email add wasn't working anymore and Justin couldn't find any way to communicate with her again.

At one point in the night, he saw Justin looking at the window to the Pittsburgh skyline. It was a breathtaking view and Brian snaked his arms around Justin, who was just wearing a robe.

They stood there watching for a while, until Brian's hands started to roam Justin's body. He was nipping on his neck and his hands were untying Justin's robe. Brian was already naked, actually he only wore the robe when he opened the door to let the hotel staff carted their food inside.

They eventually ended up in bed. After their fiery union and came intensely, they were both exhausted and drifted off to the land of dreams.

Morning came so quickly and Brian refused to think that in few hours they would leave this perfect bliss and go on with their lives of hiding. He wanted to talk to Justin about it, but he also knew he needed to be very careful and patience. 

He felt Justin had still some reservations toward him despite his openness the other night. He believed they'd eventually get there.

But now, he wanted to let his lover know that he was appreciative for the time they had spent together, that Justin trusted him enough to tell him about his family.

Brian woke Justin up by slowly penetrating him and fucked him so intimately. He wanted him to remember this, he wanted Justin to always remember the feeling of them together.

They exchanged blowjobs in the shower, and not for long, they were on their way to Justin's apartment. Brian realized it was his first time to know where he lived.

"Am I the only one who didn't know where you live until now?"

"I think so."

"They already came to see your apartment except for me?"

"You never asked, Brian."

"I offered you rides. It was you who always declined."

"Well, they all came within few weeks of my returned. They came and brought some table cloth, curtains, rags, even an ice maker. It was just a welcome back visit. I remembered you weren't so thrilled with me moving back."

"Hmm," was his only reply, but his mind was thinking why no one from his friends had mentioned this to him. "Invite me in."

Justin was about to protest when he almost jumped from his seat with a loud knocked on his window. It was Jess. He glanced at Brian who was already unfastened his seatbelt and was getting out of the car.

"Jess, hey, are you going to work now?" He asked, smiling as he got out of the car.

"Yes." She simply replied looking between them. Brian realized she wasn't angry but it was something on her face that told him it was more than just a worry. "I prepared eggs and toast, it's still in the oven. Eat with the big guy over there."

Justin was beaming his sunshine smile and hugged his cousin who hugged him back.

"Thanks."

They went inside and Brian got a tour of the place that only consist of two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a dining, and small living room.

Justin took the food out of the oven and gave Brian an extra fork, then they ate it on the same plate while standing on the kitchen counter.

"I'll make extra coffee but I'm afraid I'll be so late. We have a party this evening at 5. An office party with 300 guests." The coffee Jess left for them wasn't enough.

"It's okay. Cynthia will get me one at the office."

Justin got dressed while Brian rinsed the plate and put it in the dishwasher.

"Brian, I'll just take a cab--"Justin said as he got out of his room already dressed.

"Let's go. I'll drop you anywhere you prefer, I promise."

Justin defeatedly agreed and Brian thought it was a little victory for him because Justin didn't really argue that much. He dropped him off on the bus stop where Justin waited the other day for him. He didn't let the young man go, not before Brian leaned forward, and gave him a passionate kiss on his lips.

Brian arrived at Kinnetik in a good spirit and Eric saw him entering the premise.

"Looks like the boss got lucky last night. You're missing in action at Babylon. Mike was blowing his phone off and was this closed for calling a police."

"The fuck?"

Eric chuckled, they were walking the hallway to Brian's office. "We all met up at Woody's. Ted had mentioned he was surprised you weren't there because you got out of the office a little earlier. Well, Mike, started calling you, he even wanted us to go to the loft. We told him we loved to have our dicks attached to our bodies, so, we disagreed with him. He was pouting all night at Babylon."

"Well, good decision you didn't come to my place and disturb me. There's a reason why I turned off my phone. A guy needs a peaceful night once in a while."

Eric stopped Brian from walking and turned him to face him. He was smiling and looking at Brian like he just discovered the cure for Ebola virus. 

"Who are you? Maybe Mike was right, you were abducted by an alien."

Brian chuckled. Chuckled. Eric was in awe his eyes almost bugged out. "Wow, he must be a monster in bed. Can I get his number?"

Brian smile faded a bit and looked at him sternly, "No". Then he continued to walk. Eric following behind, muttering about "Selfish friends" and "Someone who gets everything he wants" playfully.

"Brian, Michael called fifteen minutes ago and said it was really, really urgent. He asked you to call him as soon as you can." It was Cynthia and he heard Eric snorted somewhere behind him.

"Don't you have any work to do, Mr. Bruckner?"

"Aye, Aye, boss." He saluted then scurrying away, still shaking his head.

"Get Theodore for me. And hold my calls." Then he entered his office.

Ted came and started to tell him about Michael, but he stopped him and told him Eric had beaten him to the punch.

They talked about the office's finances, the quarterly expected profits and the amount projected for Christmas bonuses. They were still discussing after almost two hours when the intercom buzzed.

"Cynthia, didn't I tell you to hold my calls?"

"You did. But you must know how your bestie can be so viscous when he desperately wants to talk to you. I'm on the edge here, Brian."

"Transfer it." Then Brian heard Michael talking a mile a minute.

"Brian? Did Cynthia tell you I called?"

"Yeah, she did."

"Well, why haven't you called then? I was just worried you weren't answering your phone and--"

"And you thought it would be okay to bug me and Cynthia when you know we're working?"

"It's not like that. Where were you last night?"

"I didn't know we have gotten married and now I need to tell you my itineraries. If not, will you withhold sex until I email you my schedule, darling?"

Michael got silent. "I was just worried. You don't need to be an asshole."

"But I am. Everyone seems to remind me that I am one every minute they got." He let out a frustrated sigh. "Look, Mikey, I'm a big boy, okay? Sometimes, I just want a time for myself, some quietness, I don't know. Don't worry too much about me, worry about yourself."

"Okay" was all Michael could say.

"Let's all meet tonight at Woody's, okay?"

After Michael said his affirmation they both hang up. Brian wasn't sure why Michael was suddenly becoming this infuriating and nagging friend again. He thought, those days were over a long time ago. But, it seemed Michael had been missing his old self and Brian was least thrilled by it.

When he glanced at Ted, he was looking at him like he was someone he had never met before.

"What?"

"Wow, are you Brian Kinney?"

"Quit it, you freak."

Ted was shaking his head as if clearing it from cobwebs. "It just that--I can swear I heard you say 'sometimes you needed some quiet time'--when did that happen?"

Brian suddenly got quiet, his fingers were playing his pen, banging it to the papers repeatedly. Ted thought, Brian might not even realize he was doing it.

"It's known to be done before. It's called life, I think. Sometimes, it will hit you in unexpected time and place." 

Ted suddenly stood up and walked to his wide windows looking up to the sky. "What are you doing?"

"I was just checking if there are pigs flying."

"Dork. Can we finish our meeting now, Mr. Schmidt?"

"Bri, know that I was just shocked. It wasn't as if we see or hear you say things like this before. But, I, for one, is so glad you finally realized that there is more to life than the anonymous sex, drinking or drugging. I just wish you'd have what I found with Blake, you know. I know you still don't believe it, but believe me, it's still different when you have someone to go home to, to share the good news and the bad ones. If you could just experience how a single smile can make a difference."

Brian was biting his lips and Ted almost lost his mind when Brian didn't try mocking him, instead he was in deep thoughts, nodding slightly.

"Yeah.... Maybe..."

Oh my god. Ted was beyond amazed, but he calmed himself down if only to impart his last words. He just thought Brian needed to hear it.

"You know, Bri, whatever makes you think and wonder about these new things happening to you, I just hope yo go for it. If that's what you want-what makes you happy-I really hope you'll pursue it. Think of what you want for yourself and not what people want or expect from you."

Brian didn't even notice Ted had already left. He was thinking that all his life, he told himself that love was bullshit. Not to trust anyone but yourself, to live a life with no apologies and no regrets. He did all that, but still he wasn't really happy at all. It was fun, it was okay, but definitely not happy.

However screwed up the two years he had with Justin were, these past six months since his return, and afterwhat they shared the night before, it made him the happiest he'd ever been. And guess what, it was when he broke all his rules. Somehow, he found life when he decided to tilt his view a little and just run with it.

He may have resisted Justin the two years they were together, but he knew that even then he was already in love with him. He felt it, it was so strong within him. He honestly didn't know how he suppressed his feelings for a long time without being institutionalized.

That, he guessed, was one of the reasons he fought Justin through tooth and nail. Because of Justin, he started to feel, defied everything he knew and as cliché as it might seem, he started to feel whole inside.

He believed though, that Justin still love him, too. It might be the distance for too long that made him this closed off. It could also be because of their past that he was resisting them. He couldn't blame him though, Brian was a total bastard for the two years they've been together. He ought to pay for what he had done and he was paying hard.

But something inside him still saying that Justin loved him.

And now he couldn't even stop thinking that they had been 'together' in a relationship for two years and that he wanted to have it back. He chuckled at the irony of it all.

"Woody's tonight?" He texted.

"Maybe not. Office party remember?"

"That sucks. Loft then?"

"Sure. I can be there at eleven, unless.... you want a little later." 

There was that hesitation again. He really needed to straighten this eleven o'clock trick with Justin.

"No. Eleven is fine."

"Okay. Later."

"Yeah. Later. You take care, okay?"

"Yeah. You too."

Michael started grilling him as soon as he entered the bar. Brian let the guilt trip went on for few minutes, then ordered a double whiskey and drowned it in two big gulps barely grimacing on the bitter taste.

"--but of course, you don't care if we worry about you. You never worry for us. You only think--"

"Michael, I think, you should only speak for yourself. This is unfair to Brian. All of us had left our phones off at one point in our friendship and I don't see anyone of us making a big fuss out of it. Besides, it's not like he was MIA for three straight days. If that was the case then it's a totally different story. But it wasn't." Eric couldn't help voicing his opinion on the matter, he just couldn't anymore.

Actually, he was kind of irritated with Michael since the day before. He didn't stop complaining about Brian. He called him in his office complaining about Brian's apparent 'lack of concern' to their worries. 

When he arrived home from work that evening Michael continued to rant about Brian, and Eric couldn't stand it anymore. 

He knew Michael was a little bit invested with his best friend. Even Ben had admittedly bothered by it for all those years they were together. But this was just too much intrusion, almost border lining insanity.

Honestly, Michael was a bit off since few months back. He'd become 'Brian this' and 'Brian that', 'why didn't Brian come' and 'have you seen Brian?' He also started to keep tabs about his best friend more than he used to. And this few days, it was just pure craziness and he wouldn't stand for it.

"Thank you, Bruckner. You'll get a medal." Brian lifted his refilled whiskey glass at him.

"Free drinks would be fine." He bantered making Brian smirked. He signaled to the bartender to give Eric a drink which was accepted gratefully.

"Where's Emmett?" Asked Michael trying to insinuate himself again.

"Party" Brian said without thinking. He then felt more than saw Michael's eyes boring at him.

"How'd you know?" He asked with a voice an octave higher than his normal pitch. Eight pairs of eyes were on him.

"I called at lunch. I finished distributing the cards he gave me for my clients who might be interested in his business. He said they have party tonight, he'll give it to me tomorrow." Well, at least the part where he finished distributing the cards wasn't a lie.

"That is so great of you, Brian." Blake said and Brian just shrugged the compliment off.

When they went to Babylon at around ten, Brian made sure he dance his ass off on the floor, groping and grinding some hunky guys. And when it was almost eleven, he slowly edge his way out the back exit near the bathroom.

He came home with a little spare time to shower before Justin arrived. He answered the door naked and dripping wet. Justin looked at him lustfully up and down, biting his lower lip in anticipation. Brian could literally feel when his blood rushed down to his dick making it so hard it ached.

He yanked Justin inside, shutting the door with abandonment, backing him on the door then sticking his tongue to map the inside of Justin's mouth.

Justin was pulling his hair and Brian didn't care. He didn't give a damn if he'd be bald, didn't give a shit if he'd have a scratch on his face or chest or his back. He didn't mind if Justin wanted to mark him, to bite him, even tie him up.

He would say 'yes' to every thing Justin wanted at this point.

Justin rode him like the expert he was. He pushed him almost to the brink then pulling him  out again. It was a delicious torture and Brian hadn't felt anything like it before.

"Justin, please..." It was as if he was the one being fucked but he was in total mercy of Justin. He lifted his upper body and hugged Justin, kissing him so hotly on the mouth they were practically swapping spit. Justin continued to bounce up and down the length of Brian's dick while he was being jerked off by him.

"God..." Brian moaned on his mouth. "...Justin."

They almost came in exactly the same time and they were panting heavily in each other's mouths. They continued kissing, just so slowly and so tenderly. They kept on holding each other, both not ready to let the others go.

Justin lifted himself off of Brian as he slumped backward to the bed, sated and so bliss out. Justin took the condom off of Brian's dick and unceremoniously threw it on the floor. He took the end corner of the duvet and wiped the cum on his chest then he turned to wipe Brian's abdomen and groin.

Brian held his hand yanking him toward him. He kissed Justin again, it was the lazy kind of kiss that was so addictive.

"It is after midnight, stay here with me." He whispered on his mouth looking on to each other almost cross eyed. Justin was beginning to pull away from his hold, furrowing his brows at him. Brian took a hold of his shoulders though, before he could get away.

Justin looked at him for a moment, it looked like he was contemplating something. Then said, "We have to be careful, Brian. Michael is already suspicious about you and me. Jess calling last night was because Michael called her around nine, subtlety trying to ask where I was. She lied that I was asleep but was so worried he'd find us at the loft together. That's why she was trying to warn us."

Brian found that information so wrong in so many levels. He wanted to tell Justin he didn't care if the world know they were together. It absolutely didn't matter, if Michael or whoever schmuck would catch them in his loft fucking each other's brains out. Their lives weren't anybody else's business, except for Brian and Justin.

But he couldn't. Not because he didn't want to say it, but because he didn't want Justin to pull away from him at that moment. He was sure as hell, that Justin would get dressed and walked out the loft in an instant. It would be too much for Justin to process.

So he nodded, pulling Justin gently to him, laying on his side spooning him from behind. "We'll be careful, okay?"

He felt Justin nodding his head, then relaxing his body on his arms until his breathing had evened out.

Justin woke him up with a mind blowing blowjob the next morning and he reciprocated at the shower. He went with him to his apartment and found a note, a plate of a hearty breakfast and a carafe of coffee. Jess telling Justin to at least call her whenever he decided to have a sleepover again.

They shared the meal and coffee, Justin got dressed and Brian cleared the counter. Justin didn't resist this time about Brian driving him to Emmett's shop. When they kissed before Justin got out of the car, it was a little longer and a little hotter than they did the other day.

Brian was all smile, Justin walked with a spring on his heels.

Around lunch, he texted Justin for a sudden change of his schedule.

"Flying to Philly @4pm."

"Have a safe flight."

"Fly with me."

"Crazy"

"I'll be back tomorrow. 2pm flight."

"Ok. Take care."

"You take care, too. I'll see you tomorrow night?"

"Maybe you'll have a jet lagged."

"Then I'll show your sweet ass how a big jet lagged dick would feel."

"Perv"

"Proud of it"

"You're crazy."

"We'll meet tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay. I'll be there @7. Thank god no party tomorrow."

"You should take rest tonight. You'll be tired tomorrow. I planned on jet lagging that ass the whole night."

"Omg. You're insatiable."

"Hey, change my name on your phone to BiggestDick I'll change yours to Sweetest Ass."

"Omg, Brian. Stop it. My face will be permanently creased from all the laugh lines. I'll look like a blond version of joker."

"Still hot. Hottest joker."

"Shut up."

"So, how was your morning, my Sweetest Ass?"

"Stop. You killing me here. My face aches, you freak."

"You should reply 'you're the Biggest Dick evah!'"

"Oh god"

"No, I'm just Brian, the BiggestDick evah."

"Stop it, seriously, Em and Darren are teasing me. They think I have a boyfriend."

"But you do have a boyfriend."

"I don't have a boyfriend."

"You could have one if you wanted."

"You're silly."

"Nah, I'm sweet."

"Don't you have a bag to pack?"

"Yeah. Come to the loft and let's have a quickie."

"Brian!"

"What? I'm horny."

"BiggestDick evah!"

"Sweetest Ass."

"But you used to call me Twat. That sounds better I think."

"Nooo. I don't want you having a twat. Gross."

"I need to go. Emmet is looking at me like he is one second away from snatching my phone."

"Okay. I'm going home now."

"Enjoy your flight."

"Enjoy your night."

"BiggestDick"

"Oh, I'm glad you think so"

"Go, fool."

"Later, I'll be dreaming of your Sweetest Ass tonight."

"Aww, so romantic. Later."

"Later."

Emmett, as Justin predicted had tried to snatch the phone from his hand. Luckily Justin had a great reflexes and put it in his pocket before Emmett could take it away.

The afternoon was full of laughter and teasing. He had a nice night with Jess when he got home. They watched a movie while eating dinner.

He went to bed around eleven and his phone rang. It was Brian.

"Hey"

"Hey" Brian groaned tiredly to the phone. "Hmm, I'm so fucking tired." He was whispering.

"Try to rest. You have presentation tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Greg Walker, the ad exec who should be doing this got chicken pox last night." Brian chuckled softly. "Who gets chicken pox in winter?"

"Greg Walker, obviously. Lucky for them they have you. They always have you to save the day."

"Hmm, I don't feel lucky, I didn't get lucky tonight." He chuckled again.

"Go out then. I heard Philly is a city of brotherly love."

".... can't, so tired. I need sleep."

"Okay. You sleep now, Brian."

"Okay. Did you go out with the guys?"

"No. I was at home with Jess."

"Okay. Good night, my Sweetest Ass." They both laughed a little.

"'Night, Biggest Dick."

The next day, Justin didn't hear from Brian until his boarding time. He texted him while he was lounging on the VIP lounge telling he'd be at the office until maybe seven. Justin replied he'd be at the loft at eight then.

Justin stayed with him again that night. They had fucked twice then fell asleep with all the cum sticking them together. 

He woke up the young man this time, giving him a rim job while jerking Justin's dick off. When he came, Brian sheathed and lubed himself plunging into justin's tight hole in one swift motion making Justin arch his back. It was so sensual, so real, so intensely raw.

Justin came for the second time and Brian followed a few seconds later,kissing his back and stroking Justin's chest.

When they were on their way to Justin's apartment, Brian's phone rang. It was Michael telling Brian he never sees him anymore. Brian said he was on a business trip and Kinnetik was so busy this time of year and didn't really have time to socialize.

Michael went on, telling him even Ted and Eric were at the Woody's and Babylon this past few days but Brian didn't even show up for the Leather ball two nights ago. He told Michael he'd make sure to meet them soon.

When he hung up, Justin looked at him and said. "You should go to the diner now, have breakfast with them."

Brian glanced at him, "I'm eating with you. How'd you finish that plate full of grease in the oven just now?"

Justin snorted, "Don't worry about it. Just be with your friends and it will make Michael get off your back a little."

"Justin--"

"Brian, I told you he's being suspicious. Don't feed his curiosity."

Brian dropped him in front of his apartment then went to the diner. Admittedly, he kind of missed the place. But given a chance, he still would dine with Justin in one plate, standing up on his small kitchen, sipping coffee.

Michael was waving at him as soon as he saw him enter the diner. Eric, Emmett, Ted and Blake were there too. He squished the two love birds and sat on Blake's other side.

"It's nice of you to join us, Brian. Haven't seen you in like forever." Michael started and Brian signaled for Kiki to give him a coffee.

"You're seeing me now."

"You work too much. It's not like you're going to be bankrupt." Michael added. Ted and Emmett were looking meaningfully at each other.

"No. We're not. Doesn't mean we need to just laze around the office. Where's Debbie?" He asked looking around.

"If you were coming here you would know she works the lunch shift this week. She'll be here tomorrow morning though, 6 to 3." Michael said shoving a spoonful of scrambled eggs to his mouth. "You coming to Woody's?"

He closed his eyes and resisted the urge to pinch the top of his nose.

"I'm not sure. I might have to work late tonight." His noncommittal answer.

"Brian--"

"I said, I'm not sure! Why can't you just leave it at that?" His patience was beginning to wane. "How's the business, Auntie Em?"

Emmett suddenly perked up and started telling them some of the funny events they had to experience in the last few weeks.

"--it was a colossal disaster! I was in desperation and the bride was hyperventilating! But goodness, it wasn't the musician's fault he suffered from diarrhea, right? I turned my hope on my golden boy, I told the bride Justin was a great singer. I just hope I was right, I know he knows how to play piano but I never heard him sing. I was just taking Jess' words for it, you know.

"Justin said he didn't know the song that the bride requested, it was like 'When God gave me you' or some shit like that. He told the bride he knew one wedding song and joked he would play it on his own wedding if he ever gets married. The bride was skeptical but what she can do now, right?

"The problem was, the piano was supposed to come with the musician and it would probably arrived 30 minutes before the wedding and Justin needed to at least practice and if he'd wait he would practice with the guests already coming. That was a big no no!

"Well, the kid was a genius he went to a restaurant called Iggy's because he knew the place has a piano and they only used it in evenings. He asked the manager if he could play it for a while then ta-da! He was wonderful! So wonderful, I thought he couldn't have gotten better."

"So, what did he sing?" Ted asked, mesmerized by Emmett's tale.

"It was, uh, wait-- I forgot what it's called. He told me it was sung by an Irish or Scottish band-- I really forgot but apparently they were famous around the world--Oh wait! Oh my god, I took a video on my phone--wait!" Emmett was squealing and flailing his hands, then fishing his phone from his pocket.

He searched for the video and squealing again when he found it. "Here it is, guys." Then he positioned the phone to the head of the table so everyone could see. Brian was situated opposite Emmet so he was front in line.

The video started by zooming to Justin who was sitting on a baby grand to the left side of a huge gazebo. He was dressed in white cotton shirt and his shaggy long hair was tied up save for few strands on his face.

He seemed to radiate as he started to run his fingers on the keyboard. He smiled a little then leaned a little forward to the mic adjusting it with one hand while his other continued to play. His lover looked so hot in just a simple ensemble.

If Brian hadn't known he had already fallen for Justin, this would have sealed the deal.

//So as long as I live I'll love you, Will have and hold you, You look so beautiful in white
And from now to my very last breath, This day I'll cherish, You look so beautiful in white,
Tonight.//*

Brian was in awe of Justin. The song was beautiful, his skills in keyboard was great and his voice was even better and Brian hadn't known all this. 

Justin didn't even tell him when it happened. 

That realization made him a little sad. Obviously, Justin still had reservations toward him.

The video ended with Justin smiling to the newly wedded couple and to a very loud applause.

His friends gushed about what they saw for a while until Brian reminded his employees of their tardiness.

Eric and Ted huffed at their boss, then they all left going to their respective work.

He was thinking all morning about what he saw on the video. It made him think he never did learn who Justin really was since they met. Apart from being 17 and a senior in high school with troubled parents, he didn't bother to learn more.

They were also both dealing with their own issues at that time, and honestly, Brian was busy pushing Justin off of his life to spare him a little time to know him better. Now that he wanted it, it was Justin who was not willing on letting him in.

"Tonight at six?" He texted.

"You're not busy I see."

"I'm the boss."

"You're the biggest dick."

"Aww. You missed my dick."

"I just had your biggest dick a few hours ago."

"And you'll have it again tonight."

"Promises. Promises."

"You know I never make promises I can't keep."

"How was your breakfast with the boys?"

"I'd rather eat you."

"Perv"

"You looked great with a ponytail. HOT."

"What are you talking about?"

"You have a beautiful voice."

"I will kill Emmett."

"You can't. What will you tell him if he asked from whom you heard he showed us your video?"

"Still going to kill him."

"He was just a proud mama bear."

"God, I'm embarrassed. I can't show my face to the guys anymore."

"Don't be embarrassed, you rock!"

"Need to go. Need to plan Emmett's murder."

"Don't kill Auntie Em, you going to miss him."

"Maybe"

"You have to sing for me sometime, not just when we're in the heat of passion."

"I'm not loud when we have sex."

"We can videotape it. I'll prove you wrong."

"No way"

"That'd be hot"

"That'd be a disaster. Got to go. See you tonight."

"Want to try Indonesian satey?"

"Okay. Later."

"Later. I'm proud of you, too."

"Thanks"

He went with Eric and Ted for lunch at the diner and they talked about the account in Lansing that they had problems with the contract. 

Brian was beginning to feel the good in having someone in your life. He was smiling a lot, more relaxed and even looking forward for going home.

He ordered their dinner before leaving the office and he just picked it up on his way. He found Justin sitting on the floor with his notes again and stood as Brian gave him a kiss on his mouth before opening the door.

They ate their dinner with a bottle of beer and Brian glanced up at Justin who seemed to find his new favorite food.

"Use your key next time, Justin."

Justin looked up, looking confused. "Key for what?"

"To this place. You still have the old one, right?

"Oh, god, Brian. I haven't returned it before I left Pittsburgh. I was planning to, you know. But, the thought of-- I just-- I just couldn't come. I'm sorry."

"Hey, that's okay. I don't mind. It would still work. I never changed the lock."

"Okay."

They fucked on the floor that evening and Justin was being folded into half. Brian put his legs on his shoulders and plowed into him with fast hard strokes, growling an animalistic sound.

When they came, they stayed there just touching each other and he noticed Justin was in deep thoughts. He nudged his neck with his nose and said, "Penny for your thoughts?"

"Hm.." He sighed, unconsciously running his thumb on Brian's collarbone. "You should go to Babylon tonight."

Brian suddenly stiffened, slowly lifted his head from nipping Justin's neck to look at him. "What?"

Justin let out a put upon sigh, "I said, you should go to--"

"I heard you the first time."

"Then why are you asking me?"

"I wasn't asking, I was actually going to say 'What are you talking about?'

"Well, I'm talking about you and Babylon, tonight."

"I don't want to. I want to stay here. It's been a long week."

"Brian, they're getting suspicious. It's better you show up tonight. You don't want Michael to barge in here demanding your presence at the club."

Not this again. Brian thought, he didn't actually care now if Michael or if everyone else knew. He'd honestly out their relationship for everyone to know, if it would make Justin believe that he was serious about getting back together-officially.

But Justin wasn't that kind who'd jump up and down knowing Brian would want to make them officially together. He still wasn't sure if Justin would react positively if he told him that kind of declaration. That was how much Justin had changed.

Until he was sure, he couldn't compromise what he had achieved in a short time already. But, with this little strange request, maybe Brian could play it to his game.

"Okay. One condition."

"What?"

"You'll have dinner with me tomorrow night. Then we'll check in a hotel for the night until Sunday afternoon."

Justin was contemplating and was about to speak when Brian cut him off.

"I'll pay for the dinner. Non negotiable. I'll come to your apartment at 6:45. Pack toiletries, underwear, shirt--your little teddy bear."

"I need to be at the shop at 10 am though. I promised Em I'd be there for the kiddie party. He'd pay me double for my time."

Brian was dancing inside, 'yeah'.

"Okay. Bring your work clothes then."

So, he dropped Justin in his apartment, kissing him for a long time before letting the young man out of the car, then went straight to Babylon.

It was already eleven and the club was in full force. The thumping of the bass almost reverberating to the chest. He found his friends on the bar chatting and drinking and they lit up seeing him strutting toward them.

"Brian! You came!" Michael said a little tipsy.

"I see that you're not so busy, boss, eh?" Ted joked meaningfully and exchanged glances with Brian who gave him a playful smirk.

"So much fresh meat, Brian. Haven't been getting laid recently, huh?" Michael was pointing to a group of twinks. Brian followed his eyes and saw some of them were watching him. He gave them an appreciative smile.

"Who told you I wasn't getting any?" He looked back at Michael a little aggravated.

"Well, you mustn't be getting that much, you're never here anymore."

"Michael, honey, we all know Brian can get them from literally everywhere. It isn't a problem for him." Emmett said looking at Michael like he was explaining to a five year old."

"But he was getting it more from here and he was not coming here for so long now."

"Michael, Brian still comes here. I saw him last Saturday night." Eric tried to reason.

"And it's Friday night. See? Before, he was here every night. Now, once a week? What's next?" Drinking the remaining quarter of his beer in one go.

"You tell me, you seem to be the one to know what's good for me."

"You're just not around anymore. I don't know what's happening to you, Brian?

"Well, I'm sorry if you feel abandoned. Sorry if I have a life outside this club. Sorry if I'm disappointing you for not nailing tricks as much as before. Guess what, we aren't the same as before too. We are 37, not 17, not even 27. So, pardon me if I can't meet your demands anymore."

"--I know this would--" Michael was shaking his head.

"Hey, guys! What's up!"

They all looked at the newcomers. Justin and Jess were all smiles and everyone was just kind of staring at them. They both suddenly felt the tension they walked into and they all just stood awkwardly for a few agonizing seconds.

"Honey, you came! Come, dance with me." Thank god for Emmett, and in a flash, was already pulling Justin to the dance floor. Jess looked at Brian and took his arm trying to pull him too.

"You, me and the dance floor, stud."

"Ménage trois. Hm, I like that. Now, if you just have the remaining instrument that I needed. That would be perfect." Brian's mood was beginning to get better.

Jess threw her head back laughing. "Whatever, stud. Indulge a poor straight lady in a gay club."

Brian laughed and went with her to dance. Eric took Blake with him while Ted stood by the bar with Michael who was looking somberly at Brian.

"You know, if I didn't know better, I'd say this was exactly like over eight years ago. The time  before Ben?" Ted leaned his back on the bar and faced the dance floor.

"What do you mean?" Michael asked without taking his eyes off of Brian.

"You, the way you were with Brian before? I thought-- Michael, after falling for Ben, I thought you were over Brian."

"What are you talking about? I love Brian as friends, he's my best friend. I just want us all to be having fun. This is who we are." He said defensively.

"Hmm. You know, when you were with Ben, you rarely went out. You had a movie, dinner date or just a cuddling night with him. I never saw Brian holding a grudge for it. He was here, doing his own business--getting his rocks off."

"You mean, Brian wants to have movie, dinner or cuddling night now? Did he say something to you? This is why he isn't coming here anymore? Is he--" Michael's eyes were wide as saucers.

"Woah, woah, I didn't say that. Brian hadn't said anything. Actually, he is just busy, Michael. That's what I was pointing out, you changed and matured when you were with Ben. You hadn't been with us doing 'fun' all that time because you were busy growing up." Michael was blinking rapidly.

"Maybe Brian is growing up too? I mean, he told you that himself earlier. He is 37 not 17 not 27. Doesn't mean he doesn't want to have fun anymore, but maybe he needed some time for himself too. We all grow up in lots of different ways, maybe this is his way. Cutting his partying to minimum and to actually spend his energy with something more important."

"Like what?"

"His work, his son, have a little life--I don't know. Who are we to question that?"

"It's just weird you know. It seems so sudden. One night he was here, then he isn't."

"That's not true. We all cut our partying from what we did 10 even 5 years ago. Brian coming to Babylon receded in numbers since more than a year ago. This past few months I noticed he's here for the weekends. Maybe he'll pick back up after the holiday season. We are really busy at Kinnetik."

Ted was hoping, for Michael's sake, that what he just said had gotten into his friend's head.

They all left at around 2 and Brian texted Justin with a simple "Good night" before he slept and Justin replied the same.

The breakfast at the diner was a loud one with Debbie working the morning shift. Justin was sitting with Eric while he was teasing him about the video. Justin was flushing in embarrassment and tried to hide his face in his hands. 

Brian went with the munchers to their house to spend some time with Gus. Gus wanted a new pairs of clothes and trainers and so Brian brought him to shop.

He spent the afternoon with Gus at the mall and Brian was even persuaded to play the arcade.

He was home at four and started to prepare for his date with Justin and their night at the hotel.

Justin was waiting at the side of the road when he arrived and they drive to mount Washington. The dinner was great, the food was awesome and the view was exceptional. Justin's head started to get dizzy just thinking how much this meal would cost Brian.

It was a very intimate night for the both of them. It was so amazing and unforgettable. Not to mention how hot they had been rutting in the huge bed that bounced them back every thrust Brian made. And the one at the jacuzzi, where Justin rode him for nearly thirty minutes? That was one of the best orgasms he had in his entire life.

Brian wanted to wrap the whole night into a bubble and they would live there forever. Unfortunately, there was life outside the four corners of the hotel room. 

He dropped Justin at the bus stop and drove home to work on one of his accounts.

The dinner at Debbie was the usual. Chatting, yelling, teasing and Michael getting information from him. Apparently, he was at the loft last night knocking at ten in the evening and Brian wasn't there.

Brian said he was busy and Mel sarcastically scoffed at him. He looked at Justin who sat between Ted and Gus, who met his eyes for a few seconds. Justin look away from him and turned to Gus to say something in his ear. His son smiled and nodded his head vigorously with what Justin was saying.

They all went to Babylon that night but retired just after midnight to be fresh on their work the next day. Brian wanted to be with Justin but Justin looked like he couldn't even carry his own legs from tiredness. So, he went home alone.

The next day, he went to the diner by himself. He was on a meeting until after two and now it was quarter after three and just happened to have his lunch. When he entered, he found Emmett there eating alone. 

He sat with him and he noticed Emmett looked a little worried. He asked why the long face, and he actually scowled at him. He said he came from dropping Justin to his apartment. Apparently, Justin had a migraine attacked and was throwing his guts up just an hour ago.

"Luckily, Jess was home and he was sleeping now. She said Justin was having this headache before and not to worry too much, it would go after a long rest."

Brian couldn't eat anymore after that. When he was on his car, he called Cynthia to tell her he wasn't coming back that day. Good thing all his meetings were done before he went out for lunch.

Jess opened the door for him when he knocked. She looked a little bit surprised but gestured for him to enter.

"How is he?"

"He's sleeping. Hopefully, the headache will clear when he wakes up."

They walked the little distance from the door to Justin's room.

"Don't disturb him too much, okay?"

"I'll just lay down with him."

Jess nodded and turned to the living room again. Brian gently opened Justin's door and found him laying on his side. The room was a bit darker and the only light was coming from the slit between the dark curtains.

He toed his loafers off, removed his jacket and placed it on a chair nearby. He took his shirt and slacks off, too, putting it on top of his jacket. Donned in just a wife beater, briefs and socks, he padded to the side of the bed and sat down.

He looked at Justin for a long moment then crawled to spoon him from behind.

Justin groaned and scratched his shoulder from the disturbance but didn't wake up. Brian took his hand and twined their fingers together rubbing his thumb gently on Justin's. He kissed the back of his head and after a while the quietness lulled Brian to sleep.

He woke up with something stroking his back. Then he felt small kisses on his neck and shoulders and that made him smile.

He opened his eyes and ran his fingers through Justin's head smiling lazily down at him.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"I take it you're better now." He lifted Justin's chin up and kissed him softly.

When they parted Justin looked up and said, "Even better now."

Brian snorted and tightened his hold on the young man. "Time is it?"

Justin pointed to the wall clock facing them. "Wow, 8:15? That was a good long nap."

Not long after, they went out to let Jess know that Justin was doing fine. She was cooking a vegetarian stir fry and they both helped to prepare the table.

While eating she said that Emmett called and said the gang wanted to visit and check if he was okay. Brian saw Justin sat frozenly looking worriedly at Jess.

"I told him you will only be sleeping the whole night and to expect you at work tomorrow morning, but not tonight. They agree."

Justin let out a relief sigh and Brian felt a little disappointed that Justin still didn't want anyone to know about them.

They took shower together and gave each other a handjob. Brian aligned their dicks and jerked it together while kissing and nipping on each other so hotly on the mouth.

They didn't bother with any clothes and slept naked spooning together. Actually, Brian was laying there for awhile thinking about his situation with Justin.

He was thinking, he just might need to be specific with Justin. He needed to clear everything, telling him face to face that he wanted them together, and not just behind closed doors but even outside of their doors.

Apparently, his views about 'words are bullshit' and action speaks louder than words didn't really work anymore. He was continuously showing Justin this past months that he was ready to date. Technically, they had been dating for some time now. 

He hope he was showing enough that he was ready to be Justin's partners, ready to commit. But it seemed it hadn't worked out like he thought it would. 

Yeah, they were big changes from Justin just from six months ago. He slowly let Justin be at ease around him and let the familiarity with each other bind them together like it usually did before. It was somehow working because he was cuddling with Justin right now, wasn't he?

Or maybe, what he needed was a little bit more patience. He already waited this long and he could endure a little bit more time.

His past with Justin wasn't really something you could say a good one for the young man. He had hurt him in the meanest possible ways and he wasn't even remorseful at that time. Justin might still living that fear.

In the end, he hadn't had a concrete plan made. He wrapped his arms around Justin, losed his eyes, and let his lover's smell bring him to slumber.

In the morning, Brian woke up alone with a bladder that was about to explode. After relieving and covering himself with Justin's bathrobe, he padded out the room to the kitchen where he knew Justin was at.

He was halfway through the hallway when he heard Jess' concerned voice that alarmed Brian in a complete different way.

"I just worry, Jus, that's it. I don't want you both to get hurt. You only supposed to--"

"I got this, Jess. Don't worry. I know and I didn't  forget about it, okay?"

"Okay." 

Brian continued his steps, more pronounced this time to give the cousins an awareness that he was coming.

They both looked up and smiled at him from where they were sitting and Brian went to the vacant chair next to Justin giving him a long languid kiss. "Morning", he whispered. Justin answered and beamed while handing him his cup of coffee.

Jess was looking at them with a bit disconcerting expression and Brian wanted to at least ease her doubts about his relationship with Justin. He gave her a winning smile while resting his arm on Justin's shoulder.

"Morning, beautiful."

She smiled back and Brian swore to himself that he'd make extra effort to show her that Justin was in good hands this time.

Chapter End Notes:

*Beautiful in white by Shane Filan