- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you for the great beta work, Jazzepoet.

Brian was caught with the busy atmosphere in his work. They were multi million dollar projects who needed to compete for the holidays slots on televisions, on-air, magazines and tabloids and his employees were doing their ultimate best to satisfy their clients.

 

Justin slept with him every night though and that was one of his incentives for coming home after a long day. He didn't care if he was tired, or hungry all day, or angry with his employees. It was just so satisfying to be home and Justin would be there waiting for him.

 

They went for another dinner on Thursday night in a French restaurant inside a five star hotel. Brian wanted to check in for the night but Justin said Brian had a perfect loft waiting and it was just as comfortable as a hotel room.

 

The next day though, Kinnetik had an emergency and Brian needed to fly to Lansing for few days to settle the problem with the contract issues.

 

"Flying to Lansing tonight. Flight @8."

 

"Sounds serious."

 

"Yeah. Megan screwed the contract for Yolo."

 

"Oh, that. I thought it was settled."

 

"We thought so too. Listen, can I see you before I fly? Say, at 4:30?

 

"Okay. No party today."

 

"See you"

 

Brian went home at 3:30 and packed his suitcase and suit bag. He took a shower and just as he finished, Justin came and Brian started tearing his clothes.

 

Brian took Justin the first time so hard and so fast it both left them breathless. Then he flipped the young man and rimmed him thoroughly leaving him like a human jelly. When Justin was begging him to fuck him already Brian pounded on his ass as long as he could hold off.

 

Justin was totally incoherent and biting the pillow and fisting the bedsheets as Brian fucked him long and hard. He was slowly pulling out up to the tip of his dick then rammed him so hard Justin's head had almost hit the headboard. Brian did it again and again until Justin was begging him repeatedly to make him cum.

 

Brian took mercy on his young lover and held his hips tightly then rammed him hard and fast. Justin was moaning loudly and Brian closed his eyes threw his head back giving Justin all he got.

 

They came after seemingly like forever and Brian slumped his weight to the poor body under him. He was kissing his nape and caressing his side lovingly.

 

They separated after finding their strength again but Brian was still lazily stroking Justin's arm while laying facing each other.

 

"You packed, already?"

 

"Hm." Kissing Justin's lips. "Done. Eric is coming though."

 

Justin stared at him for a few seconds. "Eric?"

 

"We're traveling together. I need him for the legalities of the contract. We'll be gone until Monday. We thought it would be wise to use one car to the airport, to save parking fees, and his was a SUV."

 

"Hm, that's good." He glanced over Brian's shoulder. "It's already 6:05. I should go."

 

"You can stay, you know. He will not come up here. Stay here tonight if you want. Or even at least until I left.

 

"Okay. I need to go home after you leave though."

 

"Call Jess to take you, okay?" Justin nodded and they showered together.

 

Eric called at exactly quarter to seven and Brian kissed Justin so passionately on the mouth before leaving. Justin watched them speed off from the window and stayed there looking out into space for a long time. 

 

He didn't call Jess to take him home, instead he walked the 10 blocks from Brian's loft to his place.

 

The Saturday breakfast was a little quieter with Brian and Eric not around. Michael was quieter too, it was maybe because Brian wasn't there for him to have his nonstop inquiries.

 

He attended Debbie's dinner on Sunday evening, and while drinking coffee after the heavy meal, his phone vibrated alerting him for a text message.

 

It was Brian. He sent him a picture of a glass sculpture with a shape of a rose bud in a light blue color. It was really a great creation. Brian caption it with: "Saw this at the hotel lobby and it makes me think of you."

 

Justin smiled sappily and replied: "That is one wonderful creation."

 

"Think you'd approve."

 

The guys went to Babylon, but Justin would rather want to catch some sleep, and he was already in his bed before midnight. He was awakened though by an arm gently stroking his chest.

 

"Wha--" he sleepily murmured trying to turn his body, but Brian held him in place, shushing him then kissing his head.

 

"Sleep."

 

They did.

 

When Justin woke up, he found Brian was already gone. There was a note on his stand, though, saying: "Need to be at the office at crack ass dawn. See you tonight."

 

Brian arrived last night and went straight to his place to sleep with him? Literally just to sleep with him. Justin couldn't stop the warmth spreading in his chest. Brian was turning into someone he always dreamed for him to be. 

 

This was the least he expected when he decided to come back. He was just hoping for some nights with Brian, but mainly, he wanted to be forgiven by him and their friends for running away without even telling. After all what Debbie and Brian and all their friends had done to him, they didn't deserve to be treated the way he handled his leaving.

 

He went straight to the loft after buying some groceries. He wanted to cook something for Brian this time instead of ordering. He arrived a little earlier and started to marinate the steak and started to chop some veggies.

 

Brian arrived a little after seven. He stood frozenly on his foyer when he saw Justin was cooking. He was so exhausted and thought he could sleep for a year and still wouldn't be enough--what's with his long torturous weekend and his day full of meetings and kissing asses--and not in a good way.

 

But seeing Justin like this, like he belonged here, cooking for him. He couldn't stop feeling like the luckiest son of a bitch in this entire burgh.

 

"Hey" he greeted dropping his briefcase unceremoniously to the floor and hugged Justin tightly from behind.

 

"Hey, didn't hear you come in." He stopped chopping the cherry tomatoes and turned around in Brian's arms, standing on the tip of his feet, reaching up to kiss Brian's lips.

 

Justin locked his hands on Brian's nape as they deepened the kiss. He was gently stroking the young man's lower back and pulled his mouth just an inch to take a breath then dove in again for another long, hot, wet kisses.

 

Justin pulled away this time before they would be too hot to stop. "Let's have dinner first." Brian was about to protest but Justin kissed him. "You can have me for dessert."

 

"Can't we just have dessert first then dinner?"

 

"Nice try, stud. But no."

 

Brian changed into a white tee and faded jeans and found he was actually starving and ate the steak and salads that Justin prepared. They also enjoyed just talking about nothing in particular.

 

"Anyway, I thought you were arriving late afternoon today?"

 

"Got an early flight. Then I went straight to your apartment."

 

"With Eric?"

 

"Nah. There was only one flight available. He took the scheduled flight earlier."

 

"Oh. What time you came in?"

 

"Around 1:30. Need to go to the office so early though. And I didn't want to wake you up. I left around 6:30."

 

There were less talking after that because Brian wanted to have his dessert and he always loved taking his time enjoying it.

 

The next day was a brutal one for Brian. It was the last day of work before thanksgiving and they were all working until the wee hours of the night. 

 

He texted Justin earlier in the day that he was going to be at the office until midnight. He told him he'd be at Justin's place after. Justin replied, informing him, he left an extra key under the pot of plants at the end of the hallway.

 

Brian didn't go back to his loft until Thursday at noon when he needed to change to go to Debbie's thanksgiving dinner.

 

When he was about to open his door though, he found it was slightly ajar. Alarmed rising through his body as he slowly peeked to check what was happening inside his loft. He needed to call the police but he needed to at least know how many burglars were there.

 

But what he saw wasn't what he was expecting. He saw Michael on his working table leafing through his documents and his chests drawers were all opened.

 

He slowly slide the door just a small fraction to let his body through and padded to where his friend was at. He was going through his things like he owned it. He wouldn't tolerate Michael invading his privacy like this.

 

"Did you find what you're looking for?"

 

Michael jumped a foot from the ground squealing like a girl. "Brian! Where the hell were you?" He ran to him and tried to hug him but Brian evaded it.

 

"What are you doing going through my things?" His voice was dangerously calm pointing a stare on his friend.

 

"I was worried about you. I came here Tuesday night, you weren't answering the door, you didn't return my calls! Then yesterday I was here in the morning and still no one answered the door. I came again last night with the guys, and told them you were missing for two nights. You still weren't home. Where have you been? Why weren't you returning my calls? I was so worried, Brian!"

 

He scoffed and went to look at the documents Michael was going through. Almost all his personal folders were out of the drawers. Michael must have been leafing through them for some time now.

 

"So you need to go all through this to see where I was?" He asked lifting some papers then slapping it hard back on the table. "You figured it gave you the right to invade my privacy because I didn't come home to my loft and hasn't been returning your calls."

 

"I told you I was worried. You could be dead, Brian! It wasn't as if I stole anything from you." Michael was in near shouting and he was fisting his hands. Brian couldn't believe this.

 

"I never gave you the right to come here to my place and just opened my drawers. I didn't give you the key to my place so that you could badge in here anytime you want. I don't care if you steal or not, but maybe it would be better if you steal my cooking pot than you snooping your nose on my private things."

 

"I just tried to see if I can find anything to tell me where you could possibly be. I wasn't snooping--"

 

"Just go, Michael. Take this as my warning. Don't bother to use the key again. I'm changing the locks."

 

"Bria--"

 

"Go!"

 

Michael scurried away and Brian followed to bang the door, so hard the sound reverberated in his loft. He went to collect all his files that were haphazardly strewn all over the table. He couldn't believe this. How could Michael do this to him?

 

Going to his liquor cabinet, he took the Jim Beam and drank straight from it. 

 

Brian arrived at Debbie's on quarter after four and he heard a collective annoying groans from his friends. He paid them no mind as he took a seat on a couch beside Mel, the only one available. Well, lucky him.

 

He searched the room for Justin and found him sitting with Eric. He was listening to what seem to be an interesting topic the zen man was telling him. When Justin glanced up, Brian received a sweet smile from his lover.

 

"We all shouldn't be surprised you are late because you just can't help yourself to start drinking." Mel snarked at Brian, that made the room silent.

 

"You're drunk, Brian?" Debbie asked who just heard what Mel said when she was on her way to the living room. Michael was somewhere behind her.

 

"Hm, not drunk. Just a couple of shots."

 

"You just can't help it." Mel snickered back.

 

"That's what you would be doing too if you know someone breaks into your place." Brian could see on his peripheral that Justin sat stiffly and scoot forward from his seat.

 

"You've been robbed?"

 

"What did the burglars take?"

 

"Oh my god, Brian, are you hurt?"

 

"Did you call the police?"

 

Everyone was asking him all at the same time. He put his hands up to stop them and shook his head. "No, he didn't steal anything. No, I'm not hurt and no police."

 

"Well, with the number of your tricks coming and going to your place, this is bound to happen, it could be one of them." Melanie again.

 

"Yeah, because I've been known for giving my tricks a key to my loft. Oh, wait, I've been known of kicking their asses not a second after they cum."

 

"Brian, I think you should report this break in. It doesn't matter if nothing was stolen. No one should be invading anyone else's privacy." Vic said looking at him warmly.

 

"I let this time be a warning." He leaned his head back to the couch and looked up at Debbie. "Well, the turkey isn't cooked yet?"

 

"I came here to tell you all the table was ready-we got side tracked- so come on, children. We have lots to be thankful for."

 

Brian made sure to sit beside Justin and when one by one stated what they were actually thankful for, Justin rested his hand on Brian's lap. Brian tried not to draw any attention but slowly lowered his arm and put his hand at the top of Justin's. The young man turned his and twined it together.

 

When it was Justin's turned to speak he said: "I'm thankful for my family, blood related or not, I'm thankful for second chances..." He looked at each and everyone of them. "And I'm so, so thankful I still have this chance to celebrate thanksgiving with you all."

 

Brian was looking at Jess and he thought she was on the verge of crying. He noticed how she tried composing herself.

 

"Brian!" He looked up at Debbie. "Your turn."

 

"Uhm," clearing his throat. "Thankful to be part of this family, thankful for my son, thankful for my businesses, and... Uh, I'm thankful to learn to follow what I want." He squeezed Justin's hand tightly.

 

He texted Justin while they were all having a pumpkin pie after the dinner to meet him at Justin's apartment at nine in the evening. He saw him at one point, talking to Jess while she was washing the plates.

 

The cousins said their goodbyes at around ten minutes before eight saying Jess had promised a friend from work to attend a party.

 

Emmet asked why she needed to bring Justin when they were her friends and Justin could be having fun with them at Babylon instead.

 

"I want Justin to meet one of my co-workers who will be there. I think they will hit it off. My cousin needs a love life." He needed to buy a diamond earrings for this girl in Christmas.

 

They were all nodding their heads in affirmation  and they bid their goodbyes. Brian was not committing to anyone who asked if he'd be going to Babylon. Michael didn't complain and was actually on his best behavior that night.

 

He went to his loft first and packed a bag then drive to Justin's apartment.

 

Justin was waiting for him when he arrived and he actually lunged to kiss him as soon as he entered the house. "What happened?" He asked when they pulled apart. "Was it Michael?"

 

"Yeah." He nodded, taking Justin's hand leading him to the sofa. "He was at the loft and snooping around my desk with all the documents that I keep in the drawer all flying around like he has the right to touch them. I called a locksmith and let him changed the locks, that's why I was late."

 

"Oh my god. Brian."

 

"Here." He handed him a key and Justin took it, still looking dumbfounded. "There are only three copies. Yours, mine and the super."

 

"Brian, I told you he--"

 

"I don't care, Justin." He snapped but then he held his lover's nape moving him forward a little. "Listen, can we go to a hotel and spend the remaining holidays together? Just the two of us?"

 

Justin seemed to think for a while. "We can go to New York if you want." 

 

Brian was looking at him with mouth hanging open. Then he brightened up and took Justin's face on his hands.

 

"You serious, right? Justin nodded his head. Brian crushed their lips together. "Go pack now. Hurry!" He said joyously. Justin stood up, laughing at his overly excited reaction.

 

They were in New York for three days and he texted Lindsay and Ted this time that he was away for few days. Everyone thought Justin was in his apartment and busy with his new boyfriend that he met at Jess' office party.

 

They were both literally in heaven as Brian booked a suite room at The Four Seasons hotel and the room was even facing the Central Park. They stayed coop up inside for the whole day of Friday, went out for breakfast on Saturday, then a marathon shopping for themselves and some for Christmas gifts the whole afternoon. They had dinner date that night at Per Se and strolled the icy street of New York hand in hand. It was just so surreal. 

 

They arrived back at Justin's around 4pm on Sunday. They both took a nap and Jess woke them at around 6:15. Brian went to Debbie's on his car while the two cousins were on Jess' car just few minutes behind him.

 

Brian was being grilled by Eric and Emmett about his lost weekend and Brian just shrugged his shoulders saying he had a great thanksgiving holiday. Justin on the other hand had a hard time with Debbie and the girls. They wanted him to bring his new boyfriend and meet them.

 

"Debbie, he's not my boyfriend. We just hangout and have fun."

 

"...and fuck, I supposed?" Eric teased

 

Justin chuckled lightly, "Yeah, I guess, so."

 

"That's my baby!" Emmet said enthusiastically. "Anyway, whatever happened to your phantom sex mate, uhm, I mean, text mate before? You seemed smitten too. I remember you can't stop making eyes with your phone."

 

"He's around." He said biting his lower lips. Brian couldn't help following every movement with his eyes. Then he saw Michael was staring at him who looked away when Brian arched his eyebrow up.

 

"Way to go, Jus." Eric said clapping him on his back lightly.

 

Few days passed and his nights with Justin became the part of Brian's life that actually kept him sane and grounded, amidst the busiest season and the seemingly endless screwing up on their campaigns. Brian was always on edge and everyone was so stressed out.

 

He made sure though to be home not later than eight even how busy they might have been. He realized later on how domesticated it seem to be. Regardless, he honestly had never been this-dare he say it-happy before. 

 

He remembered what Ted had told him about being with someone. It was truly a delightful feeling to have someone to come home to, to eat dinner with, even just to talk to, snuggled with in front of a re-runs. Sounded so crazy, but it was true.

 

There's only one thing he knew would make him even happier. If they could just stop hiding what they had and actually be a couple in front of everyone. He also wanted Justin to move in with him, but he knew it was a little far-fetched at the moment. 

 

Though, he promised he'd never stop until he and Justin would be 'together' in every sense of  the word. He just needed a little more patience.

 

Since before thanksgiving, he started to be friendly with Justin in public. Be it at the diner, at Woody's, Babylon or at Debbie's dinner, he always made sure to interact with him. He started by sitting beside Justin once in awhile, to teasing him about his food, joking with him, asking about his work.

 

If anyone of their friends had noticed, they never let him know.

 

That made Justin slowly became at ease with him, even publicly. He still had a little reservations and got conscious especially around their friends, but he somehow smiles a lot and even began teasing Brian almost incessantly.

 

Debbie and the girls were still bothering Justin about his mysterious boyfriend though. They all thought he was the reason for Justin's glowing auras and they all should meet the guy who was responsible for their sunshine to glow even more.

 

It was just a convenient reason for Justin to continue his charade about the false identity of the boyfriend. Especially when Brian wanted to get away with him for a while.

 

Brian might not agree with Justin not setting the story straight. There was nothing he wanted more than Justin saying his mysterious boyfriend was him. But he honestly couldn't care less, not unless Justin really had a mysterious boyfriend other than him.

 

He knew Justin would have to admit their relationship eventually. He'd give Justin the time he wanted. They had already moved a long way since seven months ago. 

 

He'd learn not to push things if it wasn't time, everything would settle on its own right time. That was what he learned from their previous mistakes.

 

One Friday afternoon, two weeks before Christmas, Brian called Justin that he was going to be home later that evening. Justin said he was kind of busy too and couldn't possibly go to the loft not earlier than nine. 

 

He was actually meeting a client himself for a dinner. Emmet was having another meeting on the other side of the city and this client was one of the repeaters and she would fly to Italy later tonight and not be back until the day before the party.

 

They had dinner at the Renaissance hotel. The client insisted on it. They had been there for about over an hour and finally settled on everything she requested. The surprise birthday party was for his husband who would be traveling with her that night.

 

She apologized for leaving so fast after dinner but she had a plane to catch in three hours. Justin told her he didn't mind, it would only take him a few minutes to collect his catalogues and he'd be on his way too.

 

He was ready to head out of the restaurant at about eight o'clock. It wasn't really late like he thought he would be and wondered when would Brian be home. Didn't matter, he'd just take a shower and maybe watched some TV.

 

He was walking in the hallway and was about to turnleft for the lobby when he thought the guy facing the counter, checking in at the reception, was a little too familiar.

 

He remembered Brian's suit he donned in the morning and it was identical with this man. What was Brian doing here?

 

Then all of a sudden a hand appeared on Brian's shoulder. He glanced at the guy who stood at his right then moved his head closer to his ear and said something to him. They were both grinning to each other, then Brian took the key card from the receptionist smiling so widely.

 

When they turned around to walk across the lobby to the elevators, Justin was totally frozen on his feet when he got a clear view of the guy who Brian was checking in with.

 

It was Eric.

 

It was already midnight and Justin was still awake. He knew this would be happening and he actually prepared himself for this before coming back to Pittsburgh. But it still stung. The ghost from their past obviously still haunted him.

 

What he didn't expect though was Brian becoming this perfect boyfriend material. This was what he used to pray for. That one day Brian would finally let him in and he would let Justin loved him.

 

Somehow, he must've gone to sleep, because he was being awaken by a tight embrace in the middle of the night.

 

He was laying there so stiffly on Brian's arms. He didn't try to move as he started kissing the back of his neck to his shoulders. Running his hands softly on his abdomen up to his nipples.

 

Brian must've known he was already awake because he was poking his hard leaking cock on his lower back. He moved it slowly downward until the whole length of his bare cock was running through his cracks, up and down.

 

"Hey" he whispered to his ear.

 

Justin didn't answer and kept pretending he was asleep, though he knew Brian was already aware that he was awake.

 

"Justin?" He stopped all his ministrations and tried to turn his lover. Justin resisted but Brian went to lie down on Justin's other side. Now that they were facing each other, Brian tried to gauge his mood. But Justin's eyes were closed.

 

"Justin, please look at me." He whispered. Brian was actually puzzled by this and it threw him off a little. This was the first time he got this kind of reaction from his lover.

 

"Tell me what happened?"

 

Justin opened his eyes and shook his head. "Nothing. Nothing happened? Go to sleep." Justin tried to give Brian a smile but it failed.

 

"Talk to me." He took him in his arms and hugged Justin.

 

"Nothing to talk about."

 

Then Brian felt it. It was so subtle but Justin was nevertheless doing it.

 

"Are you sniffing me?" He felt him stiffened a bit then he was shaking his head.

 

"I wasn't." He turned to his other side giving his back to Brian again, who scooted over and hugged him from behind.

 

"Justin, I wasn't with a trick. I told you I was busy with work." He was quiet for a long time. Brian was even beginning to think Justin had fallen asleep.

 

"Maybe he isn't a trick?" It was spoken so low, had he not been so closed enough, he wouldn't have heard it.

 

"What? What are you talking about?"

 

"It's okay, Brian. I know where I stand. I always knew my place."

 

"This is just ridiculous." He moved to lie on his back. "I wished I knew what you are talking about."

 

There was a pregnant paused with no one from them moved or talked. Then Brian turned to Justin's back and wrapped his arms around his lover again, scooting closer.

 

With whatever reasons, Brian never knew, Justin was somehow thinking he was out tricking that night. He felt his 'old defenses' crawling out slowly like a poisonous venom in his blood. He wanted to lash out.

 

But, no. He wouldn't do that. He was somehow not that man anymore. Brian tried to center himself thinking he had been this closed of getting Justin back to waste it for a petty misunderstanding. He wanted to be the better man here. He was a better man. 

 

There must have been someone who saw him earlier, doing what, he didn't know, and somehow Justin heard about it. The power of gossip. 

 

He tried to think what he did that day that could possibly be interpreted as tricking.

 

He was at Kinnetik all day with meetings after meetings. At around 5, he and Ted headed to the hotel where the photo shoot of a beach wear company was held.

 

It went smoothly and Brian had left to go to his last meeting at Cafe Luisito. At around quarter before eight, he received a call from Ted, telling him that one of the models was having a tantrum and was backing off the shoot. 

 

The director had gone ballistic and Brian had gone to the hotel once again. He called Eric to meet them at the Renaissance to help them slapped the bitch with her contract.

 

He stopped by the reception to take an extra key card because the room was loud enough to hear a knock and Eric found him there. He joked about thinking of giving the bitch the ride of her life, but because Eric was there, he could just do the honors. 'You like long legged, bitches, don't you?' He whispered to his ear.

 

'Long legged, yeah, but not bitches. Definitely not bitches. Long legged, queens. Yeah! That's more my type. Queens.'

 

They were laughing the whole way to the 10th floor. The bitch model though, was insisting her contract was only to be on bikinis and not with other diving suits and paraphernalia. She also didn't want to be pictured with the other lady models, for some reasons or the other. Brian was beginning to have a permanent headache.

 

Eric, Brian, Ted, the bitch and her manager were wasting time talking about her demands and her claims and it was almost midnight when they settled everything.

 

"I don't know what you think happened, but I swear, Justin, I wasn't out like you have been thinking I was doing." The silence was unnerving.

 

"You still believe that I will never lie to you, won't you?"

 

He felt Justin nodded after few seconds. "I always believe you, Brian. It will never change."

 

Brian nodded his head in acceptance and might even be so grateful.

 

"I thought I would find you at the loft when I got home. You were never there tonight, weren't you?"

 

Justin nodded. "I'm sorry I queen out on you."

 

"I must've given you a reason to feel that way. But whatever that was, believe me I wasn't with anyone."

 

"I believe you, Brian. I'm really sorry."

 

"You have nothing to be sorry about. In fact, if anyone should say sorry, it should be me. I want to apologize to everything I had done to you, Justin. I know we can't change anything that had happened before, but I'm sure we can be better this time around."

 

Justin was quiet for a while, then he softly said, "I'm sorry, too, for being so needy before, Brian. It was so immature of me for doing what I had done, cheating on you like that. I'm really sorry."

 

Brian nodded his head and kissed his lips. He ran his hands up to Justin's nipples again, pinching it lightly then soothing it with his thumb. "Hey, we can have our first make up sex."

 

Justin chuckled lightly shaking his head at his lover. Brian bit his shoulder while his hand ran down to his half hard dick.

 

Justin could feel Brian's pre-cum on the small of his back pooling and running down his side. He felt the hand on his dick traveled down to his hole and Brian gently poked it with his middle finger. He must've collected his pre-cum because Brian's finger was wet.

 

"Brian..." He moaned.

 

"What?" He was licking Justin's ear down to his neck and shoulder.

 

"Fuck me, Brian."

 

And so he did. It wasn't the usual hard and fast, instead, it was torturously slow that Justin thought he had lost his mind after he'd cum.

 

It was already after 4 am when they finally sleep. Good thing it was Saturday the next day because Brian was so beat he could sleep for a year.

 

But of course he didn't even have the right to sleep in for the weekend. Jess was knocking the door at 8 goddamn morning. 'We are going to the diner!' She cheerfully said. Goddamn morning people.

 

They rode on their separate cars and when he arrived Justin was already sitting between Emmet and Eric.

 

He was sipping his coffee, but it tasted more like a petroleum, trying hard to zone out the noise when a particular words seeped through his auditory canals that made him more attentive.

 

"--and better tell that mother of yours, sunshine, to call her old queen friend from Pittsburgh. Tell her, the name is Debbie, the red wig, loud, Debbie. I will miss you and Jess here, though."

 

What? Goodness, he wanted to rewind the time to five minutes ago.

 

He looked up at Justin who was smiling a little somberly too. "I'll tell her Debbie. And Jess and I will be on your Sunday dinner before we leave the next day."

 

What? Justin was going to Ohio on Christmas? When did this happen? Why he was always the last one to know about everything?

 

He schooled his face to nonchalance but he was brewing inside. He couldn't wait to get out from there.

 

When the breakfast was over and everyone went on their separate ways, he noticed Michael was trying to catch with his steps when he was on his way to his car.

 

"Brian, can we talk?" He asked tentatively.

 

He shook his head. God, not this shit again. Not now. He needed to be at Justin's apartment right about that moment. "Not now, Michael. I need to be somewhere."

 

"I just need a moment, Brian. Please."

 

"Talk"

 

Michael started to shift from one foot to the other and glancing up at him squinting a little. "I'm sorry for what I did, Brian. I know I had no rights to do that and I'm really sorry for it. I hope you'd forgive me for going in to your place and invaded your privacy."

 

Brian let out a deep breath and he closed his jacket more securely because it was so damn cold. "Just don't do it again. You're my friend, Mikey. Not my mother, not my keeper and absolutely not my wife. So stop acting like you are."

 

Michael nodded and when they arrived to Brian's car Brian opened it, then closed it again and turned to face Michael.

 

"You are my friend, Michael. One of my best friends and my oldest friend. Whatever life will throw at us, that friendship, It will never change. That 23 years, I will never forget it, Michael. Do you understand that?"

 

Michael was wiping his tears running down his face. He nodded and went to hug Brian. "I'm so sorry, Brian."

 

Brian returned the embrace and clapped him on his back. "Forget about it."

 

Michael nodded again and tried to compose himself. "I really need to go now though. We hangout some other time, okay?"

 

They bid their goodbyes and Brian drove straight to Justin's. He found the cousins in the living room laughing and when Jess saw his face she immediately excused herself and went to her room.

 

"Hey, I thought you'll be with Gus this afternoon?" Justin asked following Brian's movement as he paced back and forth in front of the younger man.

 

"When are you going to tell me, Justin?" He suddenly halted his pacing and was looking down at Justin.

 

He saw Justin flinched, his face became paler and panicked flashing his eyes in just a matter of seconds. What the fuck?

 

Why was Justin reacting like this? Did he seriously thought he could keep this from him when they practically almost living together right now? And why did he feel to keep this from him? It didn't make any sense.

 

"Brian--" God, Justin was closed to hyperventilate and Brian rushed to him in alarm forgetting the reasons for his frustration.

 

"Justin, Justin--" he crouched down in front of him taking a hold of his hands. "Hey, it's okay if for some reasons you don't want me to know you're going to Ohio for Christmas. I mean, it's really not okay, but if that's what you want--I guess, I'll be okay with that. I just don't understand why you never mentioned it to me before. I have to know it accidentally like that."

 

Brian noticed that Justin was suddenly looking at him like he just saw him for the first time. He didn't say anything, or even moved, except for the rapid blinking of his still wide eyes.

 

"Justin, hey, are you okay?" Brian's eyes were full of worry. "Should I call Jess?"

 

Justin seemed to wake up from his stupor and shook his head. "No, no, Brian. I'm okay."

 

"Hey, what had just happened?" He whispered running his hands on the length of Justin's arms.

 

"Nothing. I was just--I thought you--" he closed his eyes and Brian could literally see the tension on Justin's shoulders just a minute ago evaporated through the thin air.

 

"I'm sorry, Brian. It's not that I don't want to tell you, but Jess and I just decided long before, that we would spend thanksgiving here and Christmas back in Ohio. I forgot to mention it and I think I even forgot about it until my mother reminded me about it yesterday. I saw Debbie yesterday when I went to the diner for lunch and mentioned it to her. I was about to tell you last night at the loft but then--" he nervously glanced down at Brian.

 

Brian smiled a little continuing to rub his arms. "Hey, I guess, I overreacted a bit." He kissed Justin on the mouth. "Sorry?"

 

Justin's eyebrows comically went up and Brian couldn't help but laugh. He knew what Justin was thinking, two sorry in a span of two days.

 

"I know, sorry is bullshit." Justin smiled back. "But it isn't, Justin."

 

"Brian, it's okay. I understand why were you queening out."

 

"I never queen out." He gave Justin a pointed look. "Anyway, how many days you have to spend in Ohio?"

 

"Six days. We are leaving on Monday, the 24th, and be back on Sunday morning, the 30th. We--"

 

"Six day?! Six fucking days?" Brian abruptly stood up looking like someone who had his dog kicked. "Why so long? Why can't you come back home on the 26th?"

 

"Brian, I don't see my mom and Molly so often. And Jess with her family, too. It is only less than a week."

 

"27th then." He bargained. Justin was laughing so hard now.

 

"The flights were already booked, Brian. I NEED to be there until the 30th."

 

"That is just too long. Don't tell me I didn't warn you when you gone insane missing me. Anyway, can we have our second make up sex now?"

 

Justin laughed so loud and started to run out of the living room shouting "You're crazy, Bria-- ahh!" But then Brian followed him and caught him on his waist tickling it a bit. Justin was squealing like a teenage girl and Brian back him on the wall near Jess' door.

 

He was looking down at Justin before leaning forward to kiss him. It started as small pecks and nipping on each other's lips but it deepened into one scorching hot, clawing into each other's necks and backs and asses kind of kiss.

 

Both were moaning loudly into each other's mouth rutting against each other's crotch. Brian started to unzip Justin's pants when they heard Jess' voice from the other side of the door, saying: "Traumatized me and both of you will starve. Who will cook your scrawny asses' breakfast in the morning if I'm going to be institutionalized?"

 

"She got a point, you know?" Justin whispered and Brian was nodding seriously.

 

"Yes, yes. Of course, she's right." Brian conceded. "Wanna continue this in your room?"

 

Justin nodded vigorously then they were both running like elephants and locked in Justin's room. They didn't get out until dinner that night.

 

On Sunday dinner at Debbie, she was telling everyone they would be having two Christmas parties this year. An early Christmas dinner on the 23rd which they would give Justin and Jess their gifts that night. The second would be on Christmas Day.

 

They were all tasting Emmett's new Forest cake recipe when Justin excused to take a piss. When he came back and looked at them eating, he went to the kitchen to take a slice of the cake. They were all staring at him when he came back that made him a little self conscious.

 

"What?" He asked, wiping his chin for possible icing.

 

"Sunshine, you already have a slice here." Debbie said lifting a plate. "See, you haven't even eaten half of it."

 

"Oh, I'm sorry." Justin's stricken face made Debbie to back off.

 

"That's okay. Actually, take that one home and finish this. I'll pack it later on."

 

Justin was little subdued after that. When he was in his car going back to the loft, where he and Justin decided to sleep that night, he saw Justin in Jess' car writing furiously. Jess was still on the side walk talking with Emmett and Eric.

 

He was in his kitchen drinking water when Justin came in. He looked exhausted and Brian told him showering could elevate ones mood.

 

He lead his somber lover to the bathroom and removed both their clothing. He didn't know what happened but it was as if he felt the sadness that Justin was feeling right that time.

 

Brian wanted to know, he wanted Justin to tell him what was suddenly bothering him. He wanted them to share every happiness, success and even failures and problems. He yearned to let Justin know that he was there for him. Always.

 

Justin wasn't talking and it almost killed Brian to see him on the verge of tears. He couldn't push him if he'd not tell him though. What he could do was to make Justin feel that he wasn't alone. He hugged his lover so fiercely and kissed his head.

 

They finally went inside the cubicle and Brian started to soap Justin's back. He followed it with a shampoo to lather his hair.

 

He was scratching Justin's scalp when Brian felt the slight bump of his wound. Brian was almost like transported back to that time when he was on the ground with Justin bleeding to death. He almost fell to his knees as it shook under him.

 

Good thing Justin was facing the shower head and couldn't see his expression. He continued to lather on Justin's back running his shaky hand lovingly up his shoulders back down to his sides.

 

His chest was beating so fast and his eyes beginning to sting. He bit his lips in an attempt to stop himself from heaving. This was the man that he would want to be with, the only one he would want to be with. His now forlorn young love. The young love he had almost lost at a tender age of 18. Almost.

 

Then Brian couldn't take it anymore. His chest felt like exploding inside of him. He threw the loofah on the floor and hugged Justin to him from behind.

 

He knew he was crying but thank goodness for the small favor the shower did, it washed away his tears before it would even fall off his eyes.

 

Justin didn't say anything, he just ran his hand on Brian's arms that wrapped tightly around him.

 

"I love you, Justin." He whispered to him. "God, I love you so much."

 

He softly confessed closing his eyes and kissing the side of Justin's head. He heard him whimpered bringing his hand to his mouth. Then he felt his shoulders shaking. Justin was crying.

 

He turned him around and wrapped him close to him. Justin put his head on his chest as he silently cried on it and Brian couldn't do anything than hold him, kissing his head again and again.

 

When Brian heard the soft "I love you, too, Brian." He could have sworn he could hear the angels singing.

 

No words were exchanged after that confession. It was as if those three little words had brought every answers to every questions clouding their existence.

 

They slept spooning together as they always had. It was sure to be one exhausting emotional night for the both of them, but needless to say, it was the best one yet.

 

The coming week, Justin was becoming increasingly joyful and if you just know how to find it, you'd see his eyes had that extra sparkles.

 

Brian on the other hand, was busy arranging his schedules to accommodate a little get away with his boyfriend. Hah. Boyfriend. Who would have thought at his age of 37, he would be proud to say he had a boyfriend. 

 

Maybe, boyfriend was a little junior high school-ish kind of thing. But hey, we all started from somewhere. And this was his and Justin's.

 

On Monday, following the night of confessions, Brian ordered two dozens of red roses for Justin and sent it to Emmett's shop with a simple message of 'The Language of Flowers'.

 

Emmett squealed and squeaked for over an hour grilling Justin who'd sent him roses saying I love you. Justin just smiled and shrugged his shoulders but Emmett could see he knew who the sender was and Justin was delighted by it.

 

Brian who was spending all his nights with Justin realizing he hadn't even thought of tricking in, god, he even didn't know when he stopped tricking. Two months, maybe? Wow, had it been that long? And had there been any difference with tricking every night and being with Justin alone?

 

Yeah, so much difference. He was more pro active, he was feeling great-mentally, emotionally and physically-than he ever had been.

 

He also hadn't used any drugs for months now and his drinking had reduced considerably to a bottle or two of beer at dinner time. And Brian had totally felt the difference from abusing his body with his vices to just taking it easy.

 

On Tuesday, he arrived at the loft finding it in total darkness. He started to search his brain for anything Justin told him that day. He must've had a client meeting that Brian had forgotten. But then he tripped on Justin's bag laying unceremoniously on the foyer. He could also see his boyfriend's trainers a few feet away from the bag.

 

He padded his way to the bedroom, that was only illuminated by the street lights. Justin was sleeping in bed with all his clothes from work laying on top of the duvet.

 

He slowly went to take his extra blanket and put it around Justin. Brian moved to change his suit to a shirt and pants then went to prepare a peanut butter jelly sandwich for his dinner. After he ate, he settled on his computer to do some work.

 

Justin didn't wake up even after Brian had wrapped his arm around him. He sniffed to smell his hair and neck kissing the skin between Justin's shoulder blades. His scent was intoxicatingly hypnotic and it lulled Brian to sleep.

 

He woke up with Justin nipping on his chin. He smiled popping one eye to take a peek on his lover who was smiling back at him. He Leaned down his head catching Justin's lips in a long passionate kiss. He missed kissing those lips.

 

"You all right now?" He was running his thumb on the blond's jaw.

 

He nodded his head, "Sorry, I slept the whole night. Didn't even notice you come."

 

"Hey, don't apologize. I want to wake you up to make sure you're all right but I remembered Jess telling me before that you just needed rest."

 

He nodded, then moved his head up to kiss Brian's lips. Justin's hand was slowly caressing his hips moving down to his morning woody. Brian moaned as his palm made contact with his dick. They both enjoyed having lots of protein in the morning.

 

On Thursday, Brian was having a great day. He had a good news from Ted first thing in the morning about the quarterly profits surpassing their projection. It was actually a great news to everyone and Brian had promised a handsome bonus if they all succeeded with their campaigns.

 

Then he had worked enough this past few days to actually free his weekend to spend some time with his hot blond in a hot beach.

 

He was all smile while punching his phone to send Justin a message.

 

"Hey, you busy?"

 

"Yeah, a little. But the party is on full swing now."

 

"Another kiddy party?"

 

"No. A 50th wedding anniversary."

 

"Wow. How old are they?"

 

"Grandpa-78, Grandma-73."

 

"Do you think they still fuck?"

 

"Goodness, Brian, I just snorted the soda I was drinking."

 

"What? I was just curious."

 

"You're evil."

 

"Anyway, what do you think about getting away for the weekend?"

 

"Wow, really? Where are we going?"

 

"Bahamas. You approve?"

 

"I love it! What time is the departure?"

 

"Wait, I'll ask Cynthia the available flights."

 

He pushed the intercom button to his executive assistant's office. 

 

"Cyn, what are the flights available for Bahamas?"

 

"Let me, uh.... here.... okay, 3pm Friday; 11:30 Friday; 8am Saturday. I guess, the returning flight will be the 12pm Sunday because the only other flight back is at 10:30pm. What time do you want me to--"

 

"Wait, Cyn. Just hold on." He cut her off and dialed to call Justin's phone. 

 

"Hey, so, what time?"

 

"Hey, uhm, there are a couple flights on Friday. 3 and 11:30 pm. What do you prefer?"

 

"Well, I have a kiddy one from 11:30 to 1 pm. We'll be doing it in a kindergarten school."

 

"Then we'll take the 3pm. I can go to your place and pack your suitcase then I'll get you near the shop at 1:45."

 

"Okay, okay. That'd be perfect. Book it."

 

"Okay. See you at home tonight."

 

"Yeah. See you." Brian hang up the phone and returned to the intercom which he didn't turn off.

 

"Cynthia?"

 

"Ye-yeah, boss."

 

"You heard it. Three pm flight." He knew Cynthia heard his one way conversation.

 

"Okay. Uh, for two?"

 

"Obviously, Cyn. Book the hotel, too. I want a suite room in One and Only Ocean Club."

 

"Consider it done. Uh, Brian..."

 

"Yes?"

 

"The, uh, I need the name of your companion for the tickets and insurance."

 

"Justin Taylor." Then he closed the intercom.

 

Brian left the office on Friday at exactly twelve noon. He went to the loft first to change his suit, secured every windows, took his suitcase then drove to Justin's.

 

He packed him a pair of jeans, shirts, briefs and socks. He left a message for Jess that they would call her when they landed, then he was on his way to the bus station near Emmett's shop.

 

Justin kissed him as he hopped in the car. He was obviously very excited and it made Brian's chest felt so warm.

 

He reached to take Justin's hand and held it. "I'm giving you your first Christmas gift when we arrive in Bahamas."

 

"First Christmas gift?" He dubiously asked Brian narrowing his eyes."So, there will be more?"

 

"Two more." He nodded. "I'll give one on next Sunday. The other one will be a surprise."

 

"You're spending too much, Brian. This trip is a great Christmas gift already."

 

"This trip is not a Christmas gift. This is just us getting away. And don't worry too much, okay?"

 

They arrived at the hotel resort in Nassau a little before eight and they both had a very lovely dinner in a restaurant serving seafoods. The resort was just too heavenly to describe and they strolled the length of the beach.

 

They went back to their room and Brian suggested they took a shower. It was a long day but both were excited to be traveling together to a warm place.

 

Brian gave Justin a blowjob in the shower, and when he wanted to reciprocate, Brian shook his head saying it was just for him.

 

They started to kiss again on the bed caressing one another making the others intensely hot. Brian kissed him wetly on the mouth running his hand on his side to his waist and rutted their dicks together. After a while, he rolled them over placing Justin on top of him but didn't take their mouths off from kissing.

 

Brian ran his hands up and down on the smooth skin of Justin's back sliding it to his two perfect globes and squeezed it. They were moaning in each other's mouth thrusting against each other.

 

Then Brian held Justin's head gently pulling it away and looked up at him intensely. Justin stared back at him running the back of his palm on his lightly stubbled cheeks.

 

All of a sudden, Brian turned his body to the side table reaching for a condom that was on the top drawer. He then settled on the pillow looking up at Justin holding the thing between them.

 

Justin was about to grab it to put it on Brian's dick when Brian moved it away from him. He looked down to his lover questioningly but then Brian placed the condom right in front of his face.

 

"I want you to use this." 

 

Wow, Justin couldn't help widening his eyes in reaction. This was just surreal. It has been so long ago when he had fucked Brian. It only happened for few times, only three actually, for the whole time they had been together before.

 

"I'd love to, Brian. Are you sure?"

 

Brian just nodded and lifted his head reaching to kiss Justin's lips. There were no more talking after that. The only thing you could hear were the sounds of moaning, granting, growling and the wetly slapping of skin to skin.

 

They planned to eat breakfast in a recommended restaurant just a walking distant away from their hotel. Brian was putting on his socks when Justin came in to the bedroom searching frantically for something.

 

He was turning the bedsheets and pillows but obviously what he was looking wasn't there.

 

"What are you looking for?"

 

"My phone, Brian. Haven't seen it since last night. I might drop it on the beach."

 

Brian wasn't sure if Justin was just shitting him or he really forgot. But judging by the look on his face Justin wasn't really kidding him.

 

"Justin, it was on the counter in bathroom. You just used it to call Jess before taking a shower, remember?"

 

That stricken face again. Justin was looking like he was about to cry and Brian walked up to him to hug his distraught boyfriend. "Hey, it must be the warm weather, you know. We were from freezing cold Pittsburgh just yesterday, so give yourself some slack. Okay?"

 

Justin nodded but he was still a bit disturbed.

 

"It could be hunger, too. So, come on. Let's feed you with Bahamian breakfast."

 

It turned to be a really great albeit short vacation. The weather was warm, the people were hot, foods were delicious and the place was paradise.

 

Brian promised Justin they would be back and they would stay longer when it happens.

 

They slept all the way from Nassau to Pittsburgh and felt a little bit rested by the time they arrived Justin's apartment at four thirty in the afternoon.

 

They sat with Jess regaling their short vacation until they needed to separate to go to Debbie's.

 

They were both sporting tan but it wasn't that obvious especially they both wore a long sleeve shirts.

 

The gang asked Brian where did he go this time around to lounge his hot ass. Brian replied a disinterested, 'Just around' to his nosey friends.

 

"And you two," Debbie pointed his finger to Jess and Justin who were huddled together on a recliner. "Skipping breakfast on Saturday to sleep in?"

 

"Deb, we were hungover and I was vomiting my gut out. Sorry. We should have known not to party with college students." Jess tried to look pathetically remorseful and Brian was internally laughing his ass off.

 

The week followed had gotten more colder, regardless though, the streets were busy than ever. People were rushing for last minute Christmas gifts shopping, or for Christmas dinners or just wanted to feel the Christmas-y atmosphere around the city.

 

The gang were all assembled at the Woody's on Tuesday evening drinking the day's tensions away. Brian was sitting with Jess on his right and Ted on his left, while Justin was between Emmett and Blake.

 

The place was buzzing but not overly so and it was all just easy going. They all drank a bit but still not drunk or even tipsy yet. The patrons were all minding their own, though, Brian had received a few offers and numbers which he just playfully smirked at them. That had caused a little teasing from his friends saying he must be losing his touch if he hadn't been sampling the delicacies surrounding them.

 

Brian didn't care and just mysteriously said, "Maybe"

 

The roaring protestations from his friends had suddenly cut off by a voice on a mic saying he had something to say.

 

They saw a guy in his mid twenties with an electric guitar strapped on his shoulder trying to catch the patrons' attentions.

 

"Uh, I'm Terrence, I was asked by a friend to sing a song for someone. That someone is..." He looked around the place and settled his eyes on their table not particularly resting on one person. "...over that table." Pointing to them.

 

They were looking among themselves and Brian could hear Emmett's 'Who?.... Who is it?" as the guy, Terrence, strummed his guitar.

 

//It all came so easy, All the lovin' you gave me,

The feelings we shared, And I still can remember, How your touch was so tender

It told me you cared//

 

Emmett was hugging Justin squealing "oh my god, oh my god, this is totally for you, baby! I just know it! Oh my god! So sweet!"

 

Lindsay was shushing him and said to just listen because the guy actually had a great voice. 

 

//We had a once in a lifetime, But I just couldn't see, Until' it was gone, A second once in a lifetime, May be too much to ask, But I swear from now on//

 

He caught Jess' knowing eyes as she was reaching for her beer. She mouthed 'wow' to him before taking a swig from the bottle.

 

//If ever you're in my arms again, This time I'll love you much better, If ever you're in my arms again, This time I'll hold you forever, This time we'll never end//

 

It was Justin's eyes he was looking now and held the stare longer than he intended.

 

//Now I'm seen clearly, How I still need you near me, I still love you so, There's something between us, That won't ever leave us, There's no letting go//

 

Emmett was mimed fainting with his hands placed dramatically on his chest. 'Can't take any more from this.' He was rasping out.

 

Brian shook his head from his dramatics but it made him smile nevertheless.

 

//The best of romances, Deserve second chances, I'll get to you somehow, 'Cause I promise now//*

 

Emmett was on the guy even before he finished singing. He was grilling him for information and if the song was for Justin. But the guy just said that he was sworn to confidentiality and he wouldn't break that trust. He left the bar without saying anything to anyone.

 

Emmett sat on the table looking dejected. "I know it's for you, baby, I just can feel it."

 

"It can really be anyone. Even Mel or Lindz." Michael said throwing some peanuts in his mouth.

 

"Doubt it could just be anyone, I mean, Theodore? Blake, the guy isn't your friend, is he?" Brian said leaning his back on the chair looking at Blake who shook his head saying he had never seen the guy in his life before.

 

"Thank you, boss. You will always be my biggest fan."

 

"Well, it's really possible. A big possibility it was for Justin, I mean, you are kind of seeing someone, right? Is it serious now, Jus?" Eric asked Justin who just shrugged off his shoulders.

 

That kind of upset Brian a little. Justin still didn't want to tell their friends about them and Brian wasn't actually sure what's stopping his lover.

 

When they got home though, Justin thanked him for the 'unexpected but sweet surprise' and he did it by making love to Brian who gave Justin the total control he hadn't let anyone in so long.

 

On Friday morning, Brian woke up like he used to, to instinctively search the other side of the bed for his blond. He would always scoot over to collect him to his arms and enjoy the warmth radiated from Justin's body.

 

But that morning was different, his hand hadn't found anything except the pillow. He opened his eyes and saw he was alone in bed.

 

Sitting up, he tried to hear if he could tell where Justin was in the loft. But nothing. He stood up and padded to the bathroom to relieve himself then proceeded to the living room to see if he was there.

 

And he was. Justin was propped up on the arm of the sofa hugging the bathrobe to his body. He saw a bottle of pills on the table as he walked near him.

 

He must've had a headache the other night. He noticed the small notes on the table, too, and was so curious to know what was Justin writing on it. But before he could even contemplate on taking a peek on it, Justin moved and was slowly opening his eyes.

 

When he saw him, Justin sat abruptly and said that he didn't intend sleeping on the sofa. He said he had a little headache and just needed his medicine but eventually slept on it.

 

Brian told him he didn't mind but he would feel better if Justin woke him up the next time. Justin smiled and said he'd do that next time. Brian also asked him if he was still checking with his neurologist and Justin promised him that he still had his regular checked up.

 

Sunday evening came and Debbie's house was in full Christmas mode. The Christmas tree had been lightened up and the gifts were placed under it.

 

They were all laughing and joking while having the dinner with Vic donning a Santa hat on his head that made little JR happy.

 

When it was time to exchange gifts, Justin gave each one of them a charcoal sketch of themselves. The work was incredible and so detailed. It was obviously done in a great amount of time. Brian wondered when his boyfriend had the time to do all these sketches. He honestly hadn't seen him with sketch book except for a few occasions here and there.

 

"Justin, this is lovely!" Lindsay gushed about the drawings. "I hope you create more like this or even try your hands in painting. Have you tried it?"

 

Justin's smile had gone a notch down. He shook his head saying he didn't think he liked to paint.

 

"Have you all done this just recently?" Eric asked looking at his image in an awe.

 

"Yours and Blake, were done just this past few months. I have done the rest of it in six years." Justin said giving them all what seemed to be an apologetic smile.

 

It must've been his way of saying he was still thinking of them even when he was away.

 

Then it was Jess' time to give her gifts. Ted and Blake received a cute couple's shirts, a handbag for Lindsay, a very nice boxers brief for Eric, a gift certificates for a spa salon for both Vic and Deb, a black formal dress for Mel, a pair of shoes for Gus, cooking toy sets for JR, sweater for Michael, workout outfits for Emmett and a black duvet for Brian.

 

"Actually, those are from Justin and me. We hope you all like them." The guys nodded in unison saying it was a lovely gifts.

 

In returned, Jess received a numbers of make up kits, blouses, hair products and even a sexy undies. But what made everyone so speechless was Brian's gift. It was an aquamarine diamond earrings. Jess couldn't move a muscle and was looking at it for so long Justin had to shake her. Brian came to her and took the box from her hand. He put the earrings on her, then kissed her cheek.

 

When he glanced up at Justin, he was widely smiling at him.

 

Brian could feel his friends' stares and he knew a couple of them was dying to know what made him give Jess, the newest family member, a very expensive gift. He made sure to avoid Lindsay that night.

 

Then, Justin was receiving his gifts. A messenger bag from Em, shirts from Ted and Blake(they were all laughing because come on, they both received shirts from each other), a gift certificate from JR, Mel and Lindz for an art store, a nice jacket from Eric, 2 mugs from Michael, an alarm clock from Jess, eyeglasses from Vic, a glass angel figurine from Deb, a personal card from Gus and Brian gave him a single cowry bracelet with brown string.

 

"Wow, Brian, thank you." Justin said giving it to Jess to put it on his wrist. She did and they both inspected it like they could find a secret code written on it.

 

Honestly, the code was so clear because it was almost the same as Brian's bracelet that he always used since his college days.

 

Emmett was checking it too. "Where'd you buy this, Brian?"

 

"Bahamas" he simply said absentmindedly thumbing the duvet on his lap.

 

"When did you go to the Bahamas?" Michael asked a little suspiciously. Brian looked up at him.

 

"Last weekend."

 

Then almost everyone gave their thoughts about it and the night went on with usual banter and noises, but Brian and Justin couldn't help thinking that there were no other places they'd rather be than where they were at that moment.

 

They made love twice that night and whenever Brian thought about the packed bags that was on Justin's door he could feel his chest constricting a little bit. It was only for six days but Brian knew he would miss Justin like crazy.

 

They fucked again in the morning before they showered, then Brian drove the two blonds to the airport using Jess' car. He drove it back to their apartment and Brian cooped up in Justin's room that whole day and visited Gus in the evening.

 

Justin texted him when they arrived and called him at midnight to say good night.

 

Christmas Day was as usually loud and so festive around chez Novotney/Grassi. Gus was bouncing around the house and joyously showing each and everyone his 'super cool' gifts.

 

That was honestly the only thing that made him endure sitting around his friends' happy faces. He truly missed his boyfriend and Brian tried mightily not be so obvious.

 

As expected Lindsay was subtlety asking him about Jess. She said, she didn't know that they were closed because she hadn't really seen them two hangout. He told her that he liked Jess' personality and she was a cool chick. Brian knew Lindsay was feeling a little territorial and threatened by Jess' new place in his life.

 

When everyone was opening their gifts, he could clearly see she was a bit letdown with her present from Brian. He gave the two Lezzies a trip to Hawaii with five star hotel accommodation for three days.

 

At least Michael was over the moon with his vintage comic to be added to his collections.

 

Justin sent him a photo of him and his mom and Molly with Santa hats perched on their heads. It was so cute he didn't even realize he was grinning at his phone. Justin also sent a picture of their whole family, with Jess' parents and sister.

 

He wanted to be there with Justin so badly. He looked happy surrounded by his blood family and Brian couldn't find any reasons to begrudge Justin of his time with them.

 

He called Justin the next day and they talked for nearly an hour but the day following next Brian hadn't heard anything from his boyfriend. He texted him before sleeping though, telling Justin to call him if he got time the next day.

 

He got a text from Justin the next morning saying he went with Jess to visit some friends the other day and he'd be with his family for the whole day that day.

 

Then he texted Brian again after two minutes with: "Know that I will always love you, Brian."

 

He replied it with: "You've known it's always been you. Come home, Justin."

 

On Saturday, Brian called after dinner time and Justin answered after five rings. They talked for awhile but Brian felt Justin wasn't really focusing with their conversation. He sounded tired and somewhat distracted.

 

"Are you okay, Justin?"

 

"What? Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just a long day, is all." Then a paused. "I missed you so much, Brian." He heard a hitch on Justin's voice and a heavy breathing after that.

 

Justin was crying?

 

"Justin? Hey, hey, baby, I'm here. I missed you, too. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I'll be at the airport. Please tell me you're okay?" Brian was feeling a bit panicky.

 

"Sorry, I'm such a twat." He heard him sniffed. "I'm okay, Brian. I'll see you tomorrow."

 

"Yeah, I'll be at the airport waiting. You and Jess take care, okay?"

 

After Justin made sure he was really okay they hang up the phones but Brian was left feeling a bit unsettled. He didn't know why but his gut was like tied in a knot for some reason or another.

 

On Sunday morning, Brian was at the airport thirty minutes before the arrival of Justin's plane. When he saw him walking out the arrival  section, dragging his suitcase behind him, Brian was mentally checking Justin's appearance.

 

He seemed to be a little tired physically, but apart from that, he looked good. Justin kissed him as he met them halfway and Brian even lifted him up from his toes. It was so like a chick flick movies, but hey, he didn't see his man for six fucking days.

 

Jess drove the car from the airport to the apartment and the couple seemed to be just as satisfied sitting huddled together at the back and Jess hadn't seen them again since they entered Justin's room until the breakfast the next day.

 

Chapter End Notes:

*If ever you're in my arms again- Peabo Bryson