- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

First of all I want to thank one of my dear readers, Kat, for making a wise suggestion that I've incorporated into this chapter.  I dedicate this chapter to her for the invaluable help.  In this chapter our 'friends', Justin and Brian, go out for a night on the town.  Not a 'date' of course.  Just two guys having a good time.  Riiiiight!!!    

When Brian and Justin arrived at the club, the place was literally jumping. Brian had been pleased to notice extra patrols out as they passed by the nearby park where many of the gay couples felt comfortable strolling hand in hand. It occurred to Brian that increased patrols, plus the chance of undercover cops being stationed throughout the area posed the risk for him of being spotted and recognized. Brian had considered how he would deal with the situation if word got out that he was gay at work, but he was a fatalist by nature. He figured that what was meant to be would be. It wasn't that he had ever tried to hide his orientation anyway. Not once had he joined in with the frequent gay jokes that floated around the station house, or even reacted to them. He had never once mentioned some woman he was dating either so it wasn't that he was hiding behind a secret identity. Brian just figured that what he did in his bed or his private life was nobody else's business but his own. If it came out at work that he was gay he would deal with it like he had everything else in his life...head on and with no bullshit.

The couple entered the club and right away Brian could hear his name being called out over the noise barrier of laughing voices and vibrant music. He spotted his small circle of friends over at the bar and grabbed Justin's hand, leading him through the throng of dancers between them and the bar area. Right away the five men who were watching their approach noticed something different about the way Brian was leading the blond twink he had a hold of. There was almost something proprietary about the way that Brian parted the dancers to make way for the young man....something vaguely protective. On top of that they all noticed that Brian didn't seem to be in any hurry to let the young man's hand go once they had arrived at their destination. Brian's best friend was the first to voice what was on the minds of each and every man.

"Hey Bri. Long time no see. You must be working harder than usual. We never hear from you anymore," he aimed his words at Brian, but then turned to Justin. "Hello. You look vaguely familiar. Have I seen you before?"

What he really wanted to ask was, 'Have I seen you with Brian before', but it wasn't necessary. Brian answered for Justin quickly.

"You may have seen him here last weekend. He came to Babylon for the first time to celebrate his big eighteenth birthday."

"Eighteen? Kind of young to be out partying in this kind of place, aren't you?" Michael queried.

"If I remember right," Brian interrupted, "you and I were younger than that when we tried to sneak into the club the first time."

Michael felt well and truly put into his place. He flushed slightly.

One of the five men spoke up then. "Oh yes, I remember you from last week. I ahhh....". He was interrupted by Michael before he could finish.

"So how do you know our Brian?" he asked the young man, ignoring Brian's veiled reprimand.

"I...ahhh....," Justin began.

"I almost arrested him for vandalism a couple of months back. We met when I tackled him to the ground. Feisty little thing too," Brian grinned as he filled in the story for Justin.

Justin blushed a bright shade of pink. Brian continued on.

"I caught him checking out Liberty Avenue not long ago and realized we had more in common than I had first realized. I've sort of taken him under my wing since then. You guys have heard about the gay bashings going on in the city? I just don't want our newest citizen to be put in any danger before he gets the chance to enjoy all the pleasures of being a member of our community...you know, the way all of you have."

All five mouths had dropped open.

"Justin, let me introduce my friends. This is Michael, my oldest friend. We sort of grew up together...kind of like brothers, but that's a long story. This tall hunk of muscle here is his boyfriend, Ben. Next to him is Theodore,,,"

"That's Ted," Teddy interrupted.

"...Ted and his boyfriend, Blake. The tall one with the goofy grin is Emmett. He has a boyfriend too but the guy is a closeted football player and the team is out of town right now. Anyway, that is our merry band. Gentlemen, this is Justin...Justin Taylor. He is a very talented artist who will be graduating from high school in just a few weeks or so. Play nice or else."

There was something about the way Brian said...'or else'...that told the men he meant business. Blake quickly reminded Justin that they had already met on the first night he visited Babylon. He didn't bother to mention that he had noticed even then that Justin had left with Brian that night. They each took turns welcoming Justin into their tight little group and then continued on with the conversation they had been having before spotting Brian. In no time, Justin simply blended into the group and it didn't take long for the men to see why Brian didn't think of the kid as just another blond twink. He had little trouble holding his own as the topic of conversation traveled from the latest movies to the joys of buff bodies in the gym. There was something far more mature about Justin's demeanor than the men expected looking at him at first sight. One thing was abundantly clear within the first hour...Brian didn't treat Justin like some casual pick-up for the night. He danced almost exclusively with Justin, who was a remarkable dancer, and included the kid in all their conversations.

The hours seemed to rush by far too fast in Justin's opinion. He had danced and gossiped the night away and it had been so much fun. The activity around him made him feel right at home and alive in a way he didn't feel anywhere else. He knew that he was among his own people here. No judgments, no criticism, no dirty looks or threats came flying at him in this place. He felt safe, especially since he knew that Brian had his back. Here, he could be himself. He could touch a man without feeling nervous. He could stand on tiptoes and kiss Brian right in front of everyone without the fear that someone would take offense. He didn't have to explain how he was feeling when he surveyed the well toned bodies dancing around him or caught himself looking at a particularly nice package inside a pair of tight fitting jeans. What joy it all brought to him, and Brian was the one who had opened the door for him.

Justin had noticed that Brian was hit on by quite a few men during the night. Several of them actually tried to lead him towards the back area behind the dance floor but he had pulled his hand free every time. With the others he simply shook his head no and went about his business. Justin was proud to see how popular Brian was. It was obvious to the young man that he wasn't the only one who appreciated Brian's great qualities. He knew nothing about the famous back room because Brian wasn't ready to introduce the aspect of public sex with Justin quite yet. He knew he would eventually because he had made himself a promise to give the boy a well rounded education, but now was too soon. Brian checked his watch for the first time after rejecting the umpteenth attempt to get him into the back room and realized how late it had gotten. He spotted Justin out on the dance floor with a young man not much older than the kid himself.

Brian was taken by surprise by the funny feeling he got inside his stomach looking at the two. They weren't exactly dancing cheek to cheek but they were swaying in perfect time with one another and Brian didn't like the feeling it gave him. The song was only half over but Brian strode over briskly to the couple and tapped the dark haired dancer on the shoulder. The young man turned to protest but saw who was standing behind him. Word had already gotten around in just those hours they had been there that Brian seemed to have a claim on the newbie blond. The dancer, who was a regular at Babylon, decided it would be best to step away. He thanked Justin for the dance and left.

"I see you were able to amuse yourself while I hit the head," Brian said with just the tiniest trace of irritation. Justin didn't catch it in Brian's voice.

"He said his name is Ethan. He's a third year student at PIFA. That's the school I hope to attend. I was kind of picking his brains."

"It looked like he was wanting to pick more than your brains from where I stood."

Justin was a little surprised. Brian sounded just a tiny bit irritated when he spoke. But that was silly. The man had made it clear that he didn't do boyfriends....friends, yes but not steady boyfriends. In a way that was alright with Justin, at least for now. He knew that Brian was special to him and always would be, but Justin was still young and he didn't really think he had enough to offer an older more experienced man like Brian. For the time being he would make himself content just to have Brian think of him as a member of his circle of friends. Hopefully Brian would continue to let him be a friend with fringe benefits too. From what Brian had said he intended to continue with lessons on how to please a man. Justin would be happy to have that. Who knew what the future would hold. In the meantime he would continue to learn all he could about this new world he wanted so much to be a part of. Justin suddenly reached up and gave Brian a soft kiss.

"What was that for?" he asked perplexed.

"For caring about me. You don't have to worry Brian. I'm not a baby and I know not to go off with a stranger or take risks. I've paid attention to what you've told me. I promise you I'll be careful. I'll always use common sense whenever I'm out mingling. Okay?"

"Good boy," Brian laughed. "Look, I don't mean to sound like an over protective mother hen but I'm a cop and I've seen the ugly results of some bad choices made by guys when they let their guard down. I just don't want you to make any mistakes you'll regret later."

"I know Father Kinney," Justin laughed.

Brian gave Justin a small whack to the back of his head. "Don't call me Father," he ordered with a hint of humor in his voice. "It might make things feel too kinky the next time I'm up your ass, young man."

Justin felt himself turning warm at the image that popped into his head. All of a sudden he wasn't as interested in dancing any more. He gave Brian a look which the older man recognized right away. Brian checked his watch. It was a little after one. They could easily stay another half hour but Brian had the feeling it wasn't what Justin wanted at all.

"It's getting late kiddo. Wouldn't want my coach to turn into a pumpkin plus I did make your Mom a promise. Are you about ready to leave?"

Justin nodded his assent. The couple looked around for their friends and then wished them all a good night. Neither one of them heard Mikey when he turned to his boyfriend and remarked that...'for a man who didn't do dates, this sure looked like one to him'. Ben bent over and gave his lover a soothing kiss. He had known since the very beginning of their relationship that Mikey also had a thing for his best friend. Ben didn't care. He knew Mikey loved him too and that Brian would never come between them. As a matter of fact this young man, Justin, was the first time Ben had ever seen Brian treating a guy like he was more than a casual acquaintance outside of their small circle. Ben mentally prepared himself for some future snits by Mikey if his calculations about Brian and Justin were correct.

*************************************************************************************

Right after leaving the club Brian again spotted the extra patrol cars near the park area. He was happy to see it. Hopefully he wouldn't be getting any more late night calls about another bashing from Carl, at least for a while. The couple drove off into the night. Shortly after that they pulled up outside Justin's home. The house was dark, except for the porch light. Justin was fairly certain his mother had gone to bed. Justin didn't want to go in. He was feeling as horny as hell. He didn't have to ask for anything. Brian was well aware of what was on the young man's mind. Brian pushed his seat back and leaned down. In a matter of seconds he had Justin's pants unzipped and had popped out the quickly rising cock inside. While Justin sat in the dark of the street, he felt his manhood being stroked up and down and he squirmed in his seat while spreading his legs as far as he could in the confined space. Brian kept one hand on Justin's cock and used the other to draw the young man's face close to his.

Brian began kissing Justin deeply. His silken tongue poked at Justin's teeth and they parted like the Red Sea, allowing the tongue to enter to do its best to arouse the young man even further. Justin answered back with his own tongue and their mouths fused in pleasure. The entire time, Brian continued to work on the hardening rod he had firmly in his grasp. Justin had begun to unconsciously thrust his pelvis forward against the stroking in an attempt to get maximum feeling. Suddenly Brian left Justin's mouth bereft and dove down to bury his face in the blond's crotch. He wrapped his lips around the head of Justin's now firm cock and began to poke his tongue into the slit and then all around the bulbous head as if licking a tasty ice cream cone. Justin drew in a sharp breath as he felt his blood beginning to race through his body.

Justin was not yet experienced enough to be able to control his body and hold back his excitement from such a licking. Brian began to go down on Justin's eager rod over and over again, drawing his tongue along the sensitive underside as he rose and fell with each movement. He didn't have to work hard for his reward. Justin reached the top of the pinnacle of pleasure in record time, helped by Justin's already raging hormones since leaving the club, and he exploded into Brian's happy mouth. The older man gulped down every drop of the youthful nectar. He rose back up and grabbed the still gasping youth by the back of his head, bringing their mouths together in another passionate kiss. Justin felt powerful tasting himself on Brian's tongue. He quickly looked towards the house and saw it was still dark. He grinned in amused embarrassment at what had just occurred so close to his family's front door. He wouldn't have changed a thing, except that now it was his turn.

When Brian finally released Justin from their embrace, Justin gave Brian that look that the older man had already come to recognize as a 'my turn' look. He said nothing. It was unnecessary. Brian leaned back in his seat and waited for Justin to demonstrate how well he had learned the lesson Brian had just taught him. It was obvious that Justin was paying attention because he proceeded to give Brian a mind blowing blow job that lasted even longer than Justin's. Brian had plenty of experience and was able to resist his orgasm for far longer. The delay didn't seem to bother the hungry blond who continued to suck, lick, and nibble at Brian's magnificent member as if it was the finest gourmet meal ever served him. His reward was finally delivered with a loud groan from above as Brian served his young lover the same delightful treat as he had received. Again they shared a deep kiss. Brian removed a kleenex from the glove box and the men dried themselves off. They zipped up and sat back to compose themselves. By now it was just short of 2:00 a.m. by the dashboard clock.

"I guess you'd better go in. I don't want your mother getting mad at me the very first time I pick you up to go out."

"She won't be," Justin answered. "Besides, I'll be graduating in just a few weeks anyway and I can do what I want and stay out as late as I want then."

"I know," Brian responded, "but don't ever forget how lucky you are Justin. There are a lot of gay men and boys out there that would give anything to have a mother as understanding and supportive as yours. And she only worries about you because she knows her son could get himself into a peck of trouble if he isn't careful. She just wants you safe...and so do I. Don't be in too big of a hurry to do and see everything. There is plenty of time to experience all that life has to offer you."

"You really care about me, don't you? If I didn't know better I'd say you soooo love me Officer Kinney."

Brian swatted at Justin for the second time that night. Justin dodged him and scooted out of the Jeep. He leaned in and gave Brian one on his brightest smiles.

"Love has nothing to do with it kid," Brian proclaimed adamantly. "I just don't want to lose such a willing and talented pupil."

Justin stuck his tongue out and threw out, "Oh, you won't lose me Officer...I mean Detective Kinney. So, I'll see you soon?"

"I'll give you a call," Brian promised. He watched Justin smile broadly again and turn to saunter happily across his lawn to the front door of his home. Brian waited until he saw Justin enter the house and then started his engine. He pulled away from the curb, giving the house one last look as he drove away. It never occurred to him to question that he had just brought his 'date' home or that he had promised another 'date' very soon. He didn't do the dating scene. But he smiled as he thought about how nice it would be to see the young man again, probably no later than the next weekend.

To be continued......................................