- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Things are coming to a head folks. Chris Hobbs' days are numbered, or so it seems. There are things to celebrate, and our lovers know just how to do that. Enjoy! Many thanks to my beta Judy, and Amy for the banner.    

Brian and Carl still couldn't believe their good fortune. For a brilliant businessman, Lawrence Hobbs was as stupid as they came. Even his son knew there was a risk in talking too much over the phone. Apparently the father was no smarter than his son's punk friends, who thought that the family phone might be tapped but never counted on Chris' acquaintances being tapped too. Once Eddie gave Mr. Hobbs the message from his son...over the phone, no less....he headed straight for Eddie's place and then called his son back from Eddie's phone. The cops who were monitoring the phone nearly fell out of their chairs, half from surprise and half from laughter. 

Hobbs, Sr. gave the cops everything they needed to find Hobbs, Jr. They almost felt a twinge of pity for the fugitive when they heard the cold, unconcerned tone in the father's voice as he outlined what he expected from his wayward son. He never even asked his son how he was getting along or what his plans were once he left the Country. As a matter of fact, he came right out and told Chris that he didn't want to know a thing about where he was going. Both officers didn't fail to notice that neither man ever mentioned the mother. It was as if she didn't exist. They could imagine just how cold that household was for the young man. No wonder he turned out so warped. 

The talk between father and son was short and curt, but more than enough to pinpoint where the two men would meet to make the money exchange. They chose a place in Central Park that was not far from where the father had worked for his company before being transferred two decades earlier to head up the branch in Pittsburgh. It was very public, but also filled with many spots where one could go unnoticed thanks to thick trees and bushes near a large field where families played and games of touch football were popular in good weather. Once the place and time was chosen, the call ended abruptly without even a familial good-bye. Mr. Hobbs handed the phone back to his son's friend and presumably left right away. 

Chris asked Eddie again if there had been anymore harassment by the cops of their merry band of vigilantes, and he was clearly relieved to hear that no one had been questioned at all for some time. Obviously everyone was in the clear which meant that Chris wouldn't have to worry about anyone turning on him in order to broker a deal to get their own butts out of deep trouble. The cops who were listening in were amused at Chris' naivete'. Obviously he was of the generation that saw too many cop shows on TV. Their cases were solved in hours or days at the most and the bad guys were hounded until they confessed. The officers knew that this was hardly ever the case in real life. It took months and years to build cases while suspects went along their merry way never knowing they were under a microscope. Too bad for them. The cops were nowhere near through with the recent park-basher suspects or their leader.

Within a half hour, both Carl and Brian knew the entire content of the call between Chris and his father. It was Monday. The meeting was for the coming Friday. Mr. Hobbs had a few business appointments set up at his home office in New York City, then he would take care of his son. They knew that young Hobbs probably expected to be in some friendly, exotic location by the end of the week. They had other plans for the dangerous young man. A quick conversation with the Chief of Police, and the two Detectives had the necessary permission to make the trip to New York. Once they were in the City they would hook up with officers from there and set up a stake-out. If all went well, Christopher Hobbs would be on his way back to Pittsburgh before the evening was over. He could ride in the same plane as his father who would be under arrest for aiding and abetting a fugitive. Young Hobbs might even like that part. Two for the price of one.

***************************************************************

On Monday night, Brian came home with the exciting news of his upcoming trip to capture Chris Hobbs. Justin showed his appreciation for the good news in a way that left them both panting for air. Hobbs was still out there, but for the first time they felt like it truly was only a matter of time. After Justin rode on top of Brian to a shuddering orgasm that shook his body right down to his very toes, the young man lay down onto Brian's sweaty chest and clung to him in exquisite fulfillment. His lips placed soft kisses on Brian's neck and shoulders. They travelled upwards and placed more kisses along Brian's strong jawline. He rose up just enough to place more tender kisses on Brian's chin and then up to his mouth. They kissed deeply with Brian's slowly-deflating cock still half buried inside his man. It was sheer contentment.

The rest of the week rushed by. Justin saw far less of Brian during the week because of all the planning and organizing needed to succeed in their task of capturing Chris. Every night that Brian returned home, however, Justin went out of his way to remind his lover of why they had reason to celebrate. First, because Justin was still alive to bring Brian all the joy he now found in his life. Second, because the man who tried to end that happiness was soon going to be out of their lives and their thoughts for a long, long time, if not forever. Justin made love to Brian until the older man almost begged for mercy. Of course, Brian would never have admitted to his old friends that Justin nearly wore him out some nights. It was their little secret.

During the week, the couple spent many evenings visiting their friends once they had caught their breath. The gang at the Diner, or Woody's, or Babylon could see clearly how wrapped up the two men were in each other. They still couldn't get over how quickly and deeply Brian had fallen for the young man and what a big difference he had made in Brian's behavior. The couple did occasionally indulge in sexual games with others, but invariably the other parties ended up on the sideline more as observer than participant. None of the gang had seen Brian alone with someone else for far longer than they could remember. They had never seen Justin alone with another guy. It was certainly a surprise to the whole gang since it was completely out of character for the old Brian Kinney.

One night the couple accepted Jennifer's dinner invitation. During the conversation, she began to realize that the chances of Justin ever moving back home with her were essentially nil. She might have been more upset if not for the fact that it was crystal clear to her that Justin had never been happier. It was the little things, like the way they touched hands at the table, or the way that Brian rose without being asked to help Justin when he went to clear the table after dinner. It was the easy way they talked to each other. She had never felt that kind of connection with her own husband. Talk was always either strained, banal, or non-existent at the Taylor dinner table when Craig was there. By the time the couple left for their own place, Jenn had accepted in her own mind that Justin was a man now and was living where he belonged.

Friday finally arrived. Early that morning, before the sun even rose, Brian slipped quietly from their bed after carefully disengaging himself from Justin's arms and moved quietly to the bathroom. He didn't want to wake Justin. He needed to meet Carl at the airport in just a couple of hours, but he and Justin hadn't gotten to sleep until very late. They had made love more than once during the night and had finally conked out only four or five hours earlier. Brian didn't feel exhaustion. He was too wound up over what was coming. His mind was sharp. He was ready to do battle with his enemy. Chris Hobbs was lucky, because what Brian really wanted was the chance to catch him alone in a dark alley and beat the living shit out of him so that he could feel all the pain that his victims had suffered. Only the fact that doing that would land him in jail and away from Justin stopped him.

Brian closed the door behind him and padded over to the commode. He was just finishing up his business when he felt warm arms wrap around his naked chest and soft, bristly hair scratching his back as Justin rested his cheek against his shoulder blade. He gave a deep sigh, gave his cock a quick shake, and turned around inside Justin's arms, lowering his own arms to enfold Justin in his embrace. The two men kissed each other deeply, not caring one whit about morning breath. Finally they parted.

"I didn't want to wake you," Brian explained.

"I know, but you didn't really think I was going to let you leave without giving me the chance to tell you how proud I am of you and how much I love you, did you?"

"We haven't got him yet," Brian reminded Justin.

"You will!"

They kissed again, but Brian pulled away reluctantly. 

"Now stop that. If you don't watch out, I won't be able to keep my hands off you and then I'll miss the plane. Not only would that be wrong, but Carl would kill me."

Justin laughed. "Knowing Carl, he's having just as much trouble getting away from Debbie. From what I hear, they are all but living together now."

Brian laughed too. "You're right. I tried to warn him that she was not the kind of woman you could trifle with and not end up in a serious relationship, but he obviously didn't heed my warning. Looks like Mikey will end up with a step-father someday."

The couple grinned at the image of Debbie walking down the aisle. But Brian saw that time was ticking away quickly and he knew you couldn't arrive too late at the airport...not with the way security worked nowadays. Brian gave Justin one more quick peck, turned him around facing the door, and gave him a sharp smack on his bare bottom which sent Justin on his way. The young man threw on a pair of underpants and went to the kitchen to prepare some coffee for Brian to gulp down before leaving. Brian showed up twenty-five minutes later all dressed and ready to go. 

"You know that you take almost as long as my mother to get ready to go," Justin teased his lover.

"A man should always look good, even on a stake-out. You never know who you'll meet."

Justin swatted Brian's arm. "Just make sure you remember who is waiting for you back at home, Officer," Justin ordered.

"Oh, I doubt I could ever forget." 

Brian sipped at his coffee and then set the cup down in order to wrap his arms around Justin one more time. He whispered 'I love you' in Justin's ear and gave him a passionate kiss. Brian gathered up his overnight bag with the bare essentials in it and checked to make sure he had everything he needed, including his weapon and ID. With one last kiss, he left the apartment. Justin watched him go, then sent up a special prayer that everything would go smoothly. He already missed Brian. He could hardly wait until the man was back home, where he belonged.

**************************************************************

Lawrence Hobbs woke early and hurriedly dressed. His wife was still sound asleep. She had taken to sleeping in late ever since their son had run off. He suspected that the pathetic woman didn't know what to do with herself anymore, now that Chris was gone. He was her only child and she had spent her entire life catering to his every whim. That was probably why he had gone bad. Too much mothering. Well, at least he hadn't turned into a fairy thanks to her coddling, the man thought to himself. He had seen to that. It was too bad Chris had gone overboard and tried to get rid of a couple of queer boys on his own. Lawrence was particularly pissed because his son had chosen his own classmates. What a stupid move, he thought to himself for the hundredth time since Chris had run away. Thankfully he wouldn't bring more shame to the family by ending up in prison. That was the only reason he was going to give his son the money he asked for.

Mr. Hobbs made sure he had the money tucked away safely in cash and left the house, his wife oblivious to her husband's plans. He hurried to the airport. It was sheer coincidence that he was on the same plane as two detectives who were also on their way to New York City on business, only their business was a lot more serious. They hadn't seen each other while boarding since the plane was quite full and they had boarded at different times. As the plane taxied down the runway, the three men sat fidgeting in their seats. They each had a date with destiny and it would be intertwined by their matching desire to see the same young man in the City. As they peered out the windows of the plane at the sunrise beginning to show through, they had no idea just how different their flight back home would be at the end of the day. 

At that very moment, a young blond man was lying in his lonely bed and drifting back to sleep, his cell phone right next to him in case his lover called. His mind rushed forward in time and he pictured his lover returning to him with their handcuffed enemy next to him. Many miles away, a darker-haired young man of the same age was waking up, startled from another disturbing dream. In his dream, he was lying out on a deserted beach when a huge wave came from the sea and engulfed him, forcing his head underwater. He felt himself drowning as he gulped buckets of water each time he breathed. When he woke, he grabbed at his throat. He was surprised for a moment that his skin wasn't soaking wet. As he settled back onto the lumpy mattress, he shuddered. Thank heavens these nightmares would probably vanish once he was out of the Country. 'Soon', he whispered into the dark around him. 'Just one more day'.

To be continued........................................