- Text Size +

CHAPTER 67: BANK OF DAD AND THE SKY’S THE LIMIT

 

BEN & HUNTER’S HOUSE – NEARLY MIDNIGHT

 

BEDROOM

 

BEN

 

“How the fuck is he living?”  I sit up suddenly and fumble for the light. I shake Robin.

 

“Uh, what?  What’s wrong?”  He mumbles and shakes his head to wake up.  “Where you going?”

 

“Laptop, be right back!”

 

“Put the coffee on!”  Robin yells.

 

“Why are you two shouting?  We’re trying to sleep?”  Hunter pokes his head out of his room.

 

“Sorry but something is bugging me about Michael and money.  Go back to sleep.”  I tell him heading downstairs.

 

“Bring up three cups!  You’ve got my attention now!”  Hunter yells.

 

“Make it four!”  Daph shouts.

 

Having taken up the laptop, I’m now going back upstairs with the coffee.

 

“So what’s this about?”  Daphne stretches out along the bottom of the bed, rolled up in their quilt and is not quite ready to share.

 

“Something Mel said about the money being paid to Michael.  It didn’t come to the joint bank account, so where did it go?  And how has he been supporting himself?  He’s not touched the bank account since I threw him out, so…”

 

“Good question.”  Robin takes a sip of coffee.  “And if he owed Slick anything, you’d bet she’d be hounding him to get it back.”  He puts down his cup.  “Can I have the laptop?”

 

I hand it to him and he taps away for a few minutes.  “Okay, so he’s got two accounts, one in his own name and another jointly with Danny DeVore.  Who’s that?”

 

“The name rings a bell.  Any of you know what shift Debs was on?”

 

“She should be on her way home now. She did six to midnight.”  Hunter replies, still trying for the quilt.

 

“Hey Debs, it’s Ben.  No nothing’s wrong; everyone’s fine. It’s just something’s been bothering me about where Michael has been getting his money from.  He’s not touched our money and the money he got from Lindsay for the comic didn’t come into the account either.  He’s got another account somewhere and one with Danny DeVore and I…oh I see.  Okay, no problem. Yeah I’ll let you deal with that.  Get home safely, oh right say goodnight to Carl for me then.”

 

“Well?”  Robin demands.

 

“Danny DeVore is better known as Divina DeVore. But he’s also known as Michael’s birth father.”

 

“So?”  Hunter has finally managed to wrest some quilt from Daphne.

 

“Well judging by the way Debs reacted, some serious shit is going to hit the fan.”

 

“Right.  Um Robin, how did you find that out about his accounts?  And can you teach me how to do it?”  Hunter asks.

 

“It’s a perk of my job as an analyst in the financial services industry and no.  Now goodnight you two.  Ben, I need the laptop back for a minute. Just need to do some housekeeping.”

 

DEBS’ HOUSE

 

CARL

 

“Honey be reasonable.  You can’t phone the guy up at this time of night and…”

 

“Danny, it's Debs.  How are you?  Me?  I’m fine just fine.  How’s the act?  That’s great news.  Listen, the reason for the call and I know it’s none of my business but I’ve heard that you and Michael have a joint bank account.  Like I said it’s none of my business, but, I know our son and I’m just warning you to be careful.  He will say anything to get what he wants, just ask Brian. He’s been abusing his trust for the last three years getting him to support Jenny while…yes, I said supporting Jenny.  Why what’s wrong?”

 

She sits down and puts her head in her hand and listens.  “Look, okay, come around tomorrow and speak to him.  Okay, no problem.  See you.”

 

“Michael has struck again, has he?”  I ask, seeing the devastated look on her face.

 

“Yeah it would seem so.  Look one more phone call and I’ll come up.”

 

“No.  I’ll wait.  Want some hot milk?”

 

“Please and put some brandy in it.”  She gives me a small smile.  “Hey kiddo. Look, I know it’s late to be calling, oh yeah of course, I was supposed to go but Kiki was sick.  Hope you had a good time.  Look can you come around tomorrow evening? You need to talk to someone for me.  And bring Mel, if you can.”

 

CAR BACK FROM SANDRINE’S

 

BRIAN

 

I check Justin and he’s sound asleep. Emmy is too, but in Slick’s lap and she's resting on a sleeping Linden.  

 

“What’s got the squirrels running?”  Slick opens her eyes and adjusts the blanket round Emmy.

 

“That was Debs. She wants me and Mel to come around tomorrow night. She sounded really upset about something.”

 

“So we’re dealing with another Michael clusterfuck, are we?”

 

We?”  I quirk an eyebrow.

 

“Yeah we, keep up Kinney.”  Emmy mumbles.  “What time do we need to be there?”

 

“Got a meeting with Sidney at five so make it about half six, okay?”  Justin looks up at me with a soft smile.  “Okay?”

 

“Okay.”  I smile at him.  “Go back to sleep.”

 

“Call Debs back now.”  Slick orders. “You know what she's like. Whatever has her upset means she’s gonna be awake anyway.  Get the time locked down and find out who called her in the first place.”  

 

I nod and call Debs back.

 

What the fuck have you done now Michael?

 

GRIFFIN/BADER RESIDENCE – EARLY MORNING

 

KITCHEN

 

FRANCE

 

Two fucking bottles!  They had two bottles of the chardonnay and it seems one of the merlot.  Lindsay being on her run and Michael not making it home means that we’ve managed to move all the wine out.  Catherine has put it in the cellar and that will be locked.  

 

“Do you want them to realise the wine has been moved or should we just replace it with cats piss?”  Claire is still fuming.

 

“Let them realise.  Oh another thing, we’re cutting our teaching placement short…”

 

“How short?”  Claire looks hopeful.

 

“Back properly on Sunday.  We can do it by VC and besides, I have some shows to attend between now and Justin’s show that would've had me going back and forth between the States and Spain, so…”

 

“You’re going to Justin’s show?”  Claire asks.

 

“As are you.”  I smirk.  “As Emmy’s helper; he and Justin gave us permission to tell you.”

 

I don’t know what’s more painful the hug or the squealing!

 

ST BRIDE RESIDENCE – MID-MORNING

 

KITCHEN

 

SANDRINE

 

I actually didn't think it was possible for someone who doesn't smoke nor have asthma to sound like they're in the middle of respiratory failure.

 

“Are you sure you're alright?  Do you want more water?”

 

She waves it away and finally her breathing slows to panting rhythm.  “Perhaps the sprints in between jogging were a little intense.  How far did we run again?”

 

“Oh just over 12K. It was supposed to be 10 but we had pudding after you left.  A raspberry and chocolate torte, which I have saved you some of by way of an apology…”

 

“Apology?  No need, I have been meaning to…”

 

“No an apology for what I’m about to say.”  I sit down and take her hand.  “Lindsay, please don't take this the wrong way but Michael’s comments last night and his treatment of Emmy were, well rude and disrespectful and reflected badly on me and…”

 

“No Sandrine, I’m sure nobody…”

 

“And reflected badly on you.”  I continue.  “You really should've stopped him earlier and without either mine or Terez’s initiative.  She had to step on his foot to get him to stop.  I got the impression that there is an issue between him and Emmy, which he needed to leave out of my home.  And his comments to Slick about her mother, well that was just plain crass.  Imagine if you all weren't known to each other and if there were other people outside the group?  The position Slick would’ve been put in well, you can see how that would've looked, can’t you?”  

 

I look imploringly at her and have to bite the inside of my cheek in the face of her WASP mortification, which has rendered her face a lot redder than when she was running with me.

 

“Yes, I totally understand, but I was just as shocked as you were at his behaviour…”

 

“I thought that was the reason.  I knew you would never condone or behave in such a way.  You’re not angry that I bought this up, are you?  You see I would like to have Emmy on retainer and obviously invite you to attend when you can but if you bring Michael…”

 

“Enough said.  Although if I may make a little suggestion with regards to Terez, she did seem to be spilling out of her dress.  It made Michael a little uncomfortable, I could tell.”

 

“Oh?”  I take a sip of water.  “After you left last night, he didn't seem to mind the kiss nor did he struggle to leave with her.  Perhaps, that was his idea of being polite.

 

Her mouth drops open and her eyes almost bulge out of her head.  A knock at the door stops whatever she was going to say. I head to answer it with her trailing in my wake.

 

“Oh speak of the devil.  Good morning Michael, hard night?  You look exhausted.  Well, goodbye, my dears.  Have a lovely weekend.”

 

Lindsay allows herself to be pushed out and I shut the door before collapsing in a fit of giggles.

 

MICHAEL

 

“God what a night!  What do you have there?”

 

“Torte, which you aren't getting any of.  Do you have any idea how humiliated I feel right now?!”  She is almost spitting out each word.

 

“No I don't and I don't need you being a shrew this early!  I’ve had Spanish Tart trying to get into my…”

 

Claire pulls open the door and looks at us in surprise. Both Lindsay and I hold our breath and wait for her reaction, but she merely turns and yells that we’re back.

 

“Lindsay, you okay?  You're a funny colour.  See you guys, have a good weekend.”

 

“Y-yeah you too.”  I shout as she heads to Sandrine’s house.  “Why is she going there?”

 

“I don’t know!  And that was an example of what you and I need to discuss when we’re alone!”

 

“Lindsay!  I’m not Gus or Jenny, stop…”

 

“Morning guys.  Um if you could close the door before you have a row that would be great.  We’ll leave you to it.  See you later.”  France says and he and Catherine leave, closing the door firmly behind them.

 

“Oh for God sake!”  Lindsay snarls and storms upstairs.

 

“What the fuck is your problem? And what did they mean by later?”  Silence.  “Lindsay!”

 

Silence.

 

BLOOM GALLERY – EARLY AFTERNOON

 

JUSTIN

 

“Thanks for seeing me earlier. I have a family meeting to attend and then have to get ready for tomorrow.  You’re still coming right?”

 

“Absolutely!  Before we talk New York, what’s the issue you wish to discuss?”

 

“Jacinta Fox has asked me to do a portrait for her and her husband…”

 

“Jacinta Fox!  When did you meet her?!”  Sidney is as floored as I was.  

 

“I haven’t as of yet.  France Bader gave me her details.  She saw the…”

 

“France Bader!  Wait... start from the beginning.  Is this your way…”

 

“No Sidney no!  Rest assured I’m not going anywhere.  Here’s how this came about…”

 

Twenty minutes later, Sidney is reassured and beaming.  “Well my boy, you are certainly moving up in the world and you say Lindsay was there when this happened?”

 

“And Michael.  He’s a Shrike fan and France is going to look at something Molly is working on.”

 

“Couldn't have happened to a more deserving couple.  Now New York... do you think you could extend your stay to a week?”

 

“After the show?”  I frown.  “I would need to speak to Brian as he may have to come back for Kinnetic.  Why exactly?”

 

He smiles at me.  “I can’t tell you exactly because I don’t want to jinx it but rest assured if it doesn’t work out now, it will work out later in the year.”

 

“Sidney!”  I protest.  “Just a hint?”

 

“No.  Agent’s privilege.  Now you have to go to your meeting and I promise you as soon as I get it confirmed or not, I shall let you know.  But believe me, it is nothing bad.”

 

GRIFFIN/BADER RESIDENCE

 

KITCHEN

 

MICHAEL

 

“You’re back.  Have you calmed down now?”  I ask Lindsay.

 

“Not really but I am now ready to speak without raising my voice, as long as you listen.”

 

“Fine.”

 

“Let’s go and sit down.”

 

“Do you want some…wait!  Where’s the wine?”  I ask.

 

“No idea.  I’ve been out all day, remember?”

 

“Okay I’m going to have a beer, what about you?”

 

“Fine.”

 

When I get in the lounge, she’s curled up on the sofa and looking like she’s got something under her nose.

 

“So what’s up?”

 

“I had the indignity of being chastised by Sandrine for your behaviour last night.” She holds up her palm at me when I start to defend myself. “Please don’t interrupt.  I’m merely telling you what she said.  And then she told me an interesting thing that happened when I left.  How was the kiss?”

 

“I had no idea she was going to do that.  She was all over me!”  I protest.

 

“Michael, you are not a vestal virgin.  You’ve been known to fight off a bear or two.  Surely it is not beyond reasonable expectation that you can tell a tart in a condom dress that you are not interested!”

 

“Why Lindsay are you jealous?”  I smirk.

 

LINDSAY

 

I throw my head back and laugh hard.  “Of what?”

 

“The fact that she’s interested in me and not you?”

 

“No Michael.  I can assure you I’m not jealous. I’m more than aware of where my predilections lie. It’s just that you cosying up to that cloying ‘clap’ trap is not going to help you get Brian which is who you want, isn’t it?” I stand up and laugh again.  “Jealous of you and her of all people.”

 

The front door opening reminds me that Catherine and France said they would see us later.

 

“Hi guys.”  France smiles.  “Have you guys sorted out your differences from this morning?  We would hate to have you upset with each other. It would make for a miserable atmosphere for us all.”

 

I exchange confused looks with Michael.  “Us all?”  I repeat.

 

“Yeah.  Because of art commitments, we’ve decided to do our teach-in from here instead of Spain so we’re all going to be living together.  We’ve just been settling in our new tenants in Mount Lebanon.”

 

“They are lovely.  But it was tiring.”  Catherine smiles at us.  “Thank goodness there are two bathrooms in here!  Can you imagine?  Now we want you to feel at home.  Just pretend we’re not here and we’ll do likewise.”

 

Michael and I exchange looks again.

 

“And guess what?”  Catherine smiles.  “Justin has invited us to attend his show in New York along with Sandrine.”

 

Fuck!

 

KINNETIC

 

BRIAN’S OFFICE

 

BRIAN

 

“No problem ma. We can have this... whatever it is at ours.  Justin has just come in.  We’re leaving now. Just make the calls and we’ll see you there.  Ma, please, can you tell me what he’s done?  Okay, look is Carl with you?  Carl can you pack an overnight bag for you both – tell her it’s not up for discussion.  Yeah see you later.”

 

Justin sits in my lap and nuzzles my neck.  “Whatever it is, we will get through it.  I also called mom.”

 

“So how many of the Squad are coming tonight?”

 

“Seven.”  He replies and kisses me softly.  “Don’t worry please.”

 

“We should get going.  Cynthia!”  I bellow and she trots in.

 

“Yep.  I’ve got them don’t worry. Let me know if I have to bring them tomorrow okay?”

 

“Fine.”

 

BRITIN – EARLY EVENING

 

LOUNGE

 

CARL

 

It’s like waiting for a hanging.  Finally the doorbell rings and Debs runs to get it.

 

“Brian, you remember Danny, don’t you?”  Brian nods.  “Carl, everyone this is Danny DeVore, Michael’s father.  I won’t bore you with the other details of why he’s a DeVore and we’re Novotny, let’s just say that’s another bone of contention.  But we’re here to discuss what is happening between Michael and his father.”

 

“I’m not sure what their problem with each other has to do with us?”  Mel frowns.

 

“They don’t have a problem with each other yet, but they might afterwards.”  Debs sighs.

 

“Danny, can you tell them what you told me last night?”

 

DANNY

 

“Debs called me last night to warn me about Michael.  We’ve been trying to reconnect for the last few years now that I’m back in his life and she told me that he had caused you some trust issues, Brian, with regards to the support of Jenny.  I’ve been helping him to support Jenny, which is why we have a joint account.  I pay in an amount and he pays in amount then he sends it to her mother.”

 

I look around the room at the astonished looks on their faces and the silence stretches on.

 

“When?”  A dark haired woman clears her throat.  “When was the last payment you made?”

 

“Last month.”  I reply.

 

“Oh Christ.”  Brian sighs.

 

“That fucking…”  A tall well-built man shouts.

 

“Now just a minute!  First who are you and if you are talking about my son then…”

 

“I’m Ben.  And as for your son…”

 

“You’re Ben?  Well I have a few words to say to you…”

 

“Before you do, what has Michael said about him?”  Carl interrupts.

 

“That he was unsupportive of Michael against his son Hunter and the situation got so intolerable that he had to leave the relationship.”

 

“He had to…”  Ben gasps.

 

“Can we focus for a minute?!”  A dark haired angry woman shouts.

 

“And you are?”

 

“Mel.  Jenny’s mother.  So what has he told you about me?”

 

“Well not much, though I do feel that you should be working now.  The increase in support was a little unfair because you wanted a career break.”

 

“Danny, I’m Slick.  How did he explain the 2 months he was not about?”  A pretty Black lady asks.

 

I sigh.  “Settling into his new place.  I’m still waiting for an in…wait did you say Slick?”

 

“Oh this should be good.  I did indeed.  Why? What great wrong have I perpetrated?”

 

I smile at her.  “Thank you.”

 

“For?”

 

“Hiring him to manage the store in Sewickley.  How is he doing?”

 

“For fucking hell sake!”  Brian roars.  “No!  I’m going to fucking kill him!”

 

“No!  You are coming with me now!”  A blonde man drags him out and ten minutes later he’s back and the gorgeous, for I am not blind, man sits in his lap.  We watch in silence for a few minutes while they whisper among themselves and the blonde kisses him gently and the rage just slips away.

 

“Okay Danny, sorry I’m Justin.  Please continue.”

 

“As a matter of interest, has Michael mentioned Justin at all?”  Brian asks.

 

“No, sorry he’s not mentioned you, but you two look very happy together.  Does he know about you?”

 

Debs barks a hollow laugh.  “Oh yes, he knows about him.  Mel, can you explain what’s actually happening to Danny.”

 

Mel comes to sit next to me and Carl hands me a brandy and after thirty minutes, I’m on my second one.

 

“So he no longer has his parental rights?  He’s been to prison?  He has never worked for you Slick and in fact hates you?  You ended the relationship Ben?  And he and this Lindsay person have been trying to split you and Justin up, Brian?”

 

“Yeah that’s about the size of it.”  Brian nods.

 

“And then some.”  Mel remarks.

 

“One other question.  When was the last time you checked the account?”  Slick asks.

 

“Oh he hand…is there a laptop I can borrow?”  I sigh.

 

“Sure come with me.”  Brian and Justin get up and Justin goes to sit down.  “No.  You, Mel and Ben come too.”

 

I follow them out.

 

DEBS

 

“If what’s happened has happened this is going to be hell for him.”

 

“How do you think he will react?”  Jennifer asks.

 

“By stopping the money, blocking his emails, his cell and going on tour for the next three months!”

 

“What?!”  Jennifer gasps.

 

“Danny DeVore is making way for Divina and she doesn’t take any shit!”  He takes my hands.  “Now Deborah, thank you for the call.  And whatever you do to the little shit, give double for me!”

 

He kisses both my cheeks.  “And by the way, Slick, check your post in the next few days.”

 

“What for?”  She asks.

 

“You will know it when you see it.  Now I’m going to go because I need to process this and pack, as do you.”

 

“Bye Danny.”  I sniffle and feel Carl’s arms come round me.  “Next time you’re in town it will just be us three.  You, me and Carl.”

 

“I’d like that.”  He smiles.

 

“Me too.”  Carl puts out his hand and I smile as they shake hands.

 

As he sweeps out, Brian calls him back.  “We have a driver, he’ll take you home.”

 

“Thank you, Brian and I wish you and Justin all the happiness in the world, you too Ben.”

 

As the door closes I look round my true family. “Now what?”

 

“To quote Slick; we wreak havoc and destroy.”  Brian growls.

 

BRIAN

 

I pull Justin into my arms and kiss his neck before whispering.  “We need to tell him.”

 

“I will, he won’t kill me.”  Justin whispers back.

 

GRIFFIN/BADER RESIDENCE – SATURDAY EARLY EVENING

 

LINDSAY

 

At first when they said they weren’t going back to Spain, I have to admit I wasn’t happy.  I was looking forward to this being mine for a while.

 

“Are you guys going out tonight?”  Catherine asks.

 

“Not for me. There’s a Marvel Marathon I want to see and so I’m in for the night.”  Michael replies.

 

“I’m going to be working on some drawings.”  I smile at her.

 

“That’s nice.  Well don’t put the latch on as we’re going out.  Excuse me.”  She goes to answer the door.

 

“Sandrine, Terez!  Don’t you two look gorgeous?”  France stands up and greets them both with kisses on their cheeks.  “And no skirts!”

 

Terez doesn’t greet Michael in her usual effusive manner.  Sandrine is cool to me but does greet me.

 

“Are we ready?”  Catherine asks.  “Do you have the wine?”

 

“Yes and yes.”  France replies from the kitchen.

 

“Where are you off to?”  I ask.

 

“A Roof Warming Party.”  Sandrine grins.  “My first!”

 

“Roof Warming Party?  That sounds interesting.”  I laugh.

 

“It’s a shame Catherine said you already had plans Lindsay. I would’ve asked you to come with us…”

 

“I could be…”

 

“Car’s here.  I can’t believe Brian and Justin sent a car!”  France yells from the hallway.  “Ladies come on!”

 

“Brian and Justin?”  I call out following them into the hallway.

 

“Yes he’s refurbished his studio on Liberty Avenue and is throwing a party. Are you sure you can’t come?”  Catherine asks.

 

“We’ll see you there in an hour.”  I tell them and ignore the groan from Michael.

 

After moaning all the way, we finally arrive on Liberty Avenue to see Sandrine coming out the diner, arms linked with Debbie!

 

“Oh no.”  Michael groans.  “We have to rescue her!”

 

I bite my tongue on the irony of his whining.

 

We follow them up the street to our former home and when we get there.  Michael gasps at the sight of Claire greeting some guy.

 

“Do you know who that is?!”  He hisses.

 

“No?”  I try to get him to speed up so we can go in with Claire.

 

“Casper Mentz.  He’s one of the collaborators on Shrike and…oh no!”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Grim and Twinkle are here and Arnold is on the door!”

 

“Who’s Arnold?”  I ask.

 

“He works the doors on Babylon and Meathook and doesn’t like me.”  He mutters.

 

MICHAEL

 

But we get in without a problem.  As we head upstairs, I spot that the door to our former home is open and I can see how gorgeous it looks. I can’t help that I’m fuming, especially as I spot Kyle carrying in a crate of beers.

 

But I’m determined to find Casper Mentz and separate mother from Sandrine!

 

We head into his apartment and I can see Brian’s touch everywhere.  Especially his coffee machine, he even has one at mother’s house.  I wanted to get one at ours but Ben refused.

 

As we walk through to try and find Sandrine, we spot Claire and head in her direction but before we can move there is a squeal.

 

“My semental!  You came!”  The room goes quiet and before I can do anything Terez has thrown her arms round me and kissed me firmly on the cheek.  “I have met your mother and she is lovely!”

 

My stomach drops to the floor as Lindsay looks inquiringly at me. I manage to wrest myself out of her grip.  “Lovely!”  I grit out.

 

“Come on Michael, Terez, let’s see what the great…”

 

“Lindsay!  How nice to see you!”

 

“Sidney!  I-I had no…”

 

“Oh one minute, I need to speak to France. Let’s meet upstairs, yes?”  He sweeps away and goes to talk to France and Casper; I ache to join them.

 

LINDSAY

 

“Let’s go upstairs and wait for Sidney.”  I tug Michael upstairs. Mercifully, Terez has left us alone.

 

When we get up there, my heart sinks twofold.  One, the studio is dappled in light from where I don’t know.  And, two, Sandrine and Debs are chatting away like old friends.  Michael heads in their direction.

 

I look around the studio properly and then I look up.  He has a glass fucking roof!

 

“They were like birds twittering away, I couldn’t get a word in edgeways!”  He gripes.

 

“Michael.”  I warn.  “We discussed this earlier remember? Time, place and volume!”

 

“Oh and speaking of time and place, here.”  He hands me a beautifully designed card that turns out to be for his upcoming art show.  

 

I roll my eyes at his pretentiousness.  “He’s not even got there yet and he’s acting the big I am.”  I whisper.

 

“Excuse me!  Everyone, can I have your attention please?”  We turn around to see Jennifer standing by the desk.  “Could the person who took two cards from the box please come and see me before they leave? It will make it so much easier than when they go to New York.  Thank you.”

 

“Oh Jennifer, could you come over please?”  Sidney calls her, startling us both.  “I think that Lindsay and Michael, may be the people you are talking about.”  Sidney turns back and smiles at us.

 

“Why?”  Michael demands.

 

“Well those cards there are tickets for Justin’s show so you need to pay for them.”  Sandrine explains, again making us jump.  “I’m so glad you are coming.”  She pulls me to the side slightly.  “And what we discussed yesterday goes triple for New York, you understand?”  She whispers.

 

I nod and look meaningfully at Michael and he takes out his wallet.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen.”  Brian calls out.  “Please could you follow us upstairs?”  He takes Justin’s hand and kisses it and we follow them upstairs. When we arrive on the landing, I want to cry.

 

The roof is covered by an awning on two sides with the fire escape side open.  There are cushions spread round the perimeter leaving a space in the middle.

 

“Please sit anywhere but in the middle obviously.”  Justin giggles and after everyone is seated, he looks down and waves.

 

“And let’s start the pass.”  Emmett calls out.

 

“Pass?”  I mouth and Michael shrugs.

 

My answer comes as dish after dish is passed along until there are no more dishes.  Then the bowls come along.  Sandrine looks like she’s in heaven as do Catherine and France, who are sitting on the other side of the roof with Claire and Terez, who seems to have made fast friends with Slick.

 

There’s a gasp as the tent is bathed in different coloured lights and as I look and catch the expression on Michael’s face as he watches Jenny chat with Justin and then looks across to see Molly chatting to Casper.

 

Fuck!  I know he’s jealous but he needs to keep a lid on that if the sabotage is to work!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you.