- Text Size +

CHAPTER 29: UNASHAMED

DINER – THURSDAY LATE AFTERNOON

JUSTIN

Everything has happened so fast!  I can’t believe what has happened.  Brian had to go back to Kinnetic for one more meeting but he’s going to meet me here in about 10 minutes. I can’t stop smiling!

“Okay what’s put that grin there?  Is Brian under the table?”  Emmy Lou grins at me.

“No!”  I swat him in the arm and I’m dying to tell him but Brian said it’s private.

“Hey you are way behind with Oliver you know?”  Slick slides in next to Emmy Lou.  “But I guess you had good reasons.”

I glower at Brian when he sits next to me.  “You trying to tell me you didn’t tell Daphne?”

“Hey Debs whenever you are ready!”  He calls out after kissing away my glower.

“Okay what’s got him so lit?”  Emmy Lou demands before looking at each of us carefully. “Oh you’ve given him the b-walk, haven’t you?!”

“Sssh!”  I hiss at him while nodding and then look at Brian who looks…he looks happy.

“Oh yeah Emmy Lou, I’ve officially been popped.”  Brian laughs.  “And he was excellent.  Now can you recommend a...”

“Wait!  You mean to tell me that the Stud of Liberty Avenue was a virgin!”  Some guy in the next booth gasps.

“Yep.  Am not now, thanks to Justin.  You just need to find the right guy and I did.”

“But…but…”

“Yes that’s what he fucked and I loved it.  Now you two need to go shopping.  Emmy Lou is the person to talk to about toys.”

I gape at him.  “Brian what are you doing?!”  I blush crimson.

“Here you’ll need this, he has expensive tastes.”

He hands me a wad of bills and Emmy Lou drags me out of the diner.

“I want to know…  He demands.

“Do you know what he’s just done?!”  I squeak pulling my arm free to head back to the diner.

“Yes told Liberty Avenue that he loves you…now come on!”

I stop and stare at Emmy Lou.  “He…he did?”

“Of course he did! As Ben said, he shows how he feels rather than tells.  Now since you’ve missed out on lunch, let’s go to my shop and you will tell me everything!”

DINER

BRIAN

Okay that was scary but it’s done.  It’s out there but I put it out there.  Slick gives my hand a quick squeeze and then holds on.

“Hey Kinney.”  Brandon lopes to the table.  “I’ve just heard someone say that you’ve been popped by the blond no less.”

“Yep why you jealous?”

“Yeah.  Don’t suppose…”

“No.”

“Worth a try.  Nicely done Kinney... nicely done.  Better that it came from you than anyone else who would embellish.”  He salutes me and wanders back out.

I squeeze Slick’s hand back and she grins.  “See.  The world hasn’t ended has it?”

I feel my heart rate coming back to normal and Debs comes over.  “Well done kiddo.  Now what will you have?”

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT

Lindsay and I have just got back from Canada.  We’ve managed to get storage for most of her things and she’s exhausted so I’m letting her sleep.  I also need to sleep, so I’m going to have a nap and then get some food for the apartment.

DINER

BRIAN

Jennifer has joined Debs, Slick, Justin and I and we’re going over the plans for the loft conversion.

Justin came into applause and would’ve almost left if it wasn’t for Emmy Lou blocking his path and telling him firmly.  “You did it, now own it, walk up to your stud and take a seat!”

“So what do you think?”  I nudge him gently.  “Justin?”

“Sorry was thinking about Friday and Saturday.”  Justin smiles sheepishly.

“What’s happening on those days?”  Debs asks.

“Friday it's dinner and Saturday we get the…puppy.”

“What!”  Debs gasps.

“Yep, Gus and Justin have convinced me to get a puppy so we get him, on Saturday.”

“So is this your second dinner?”  Jennifer asks.

“No this is just dinner.  The 2nd dinner is next week.  Actually why don’t you guys all come?”

“When you say all of us do you mean all of us, all of us?  Like the kids as well?”  Debs asks.

I look at Justin who is nodding enthusiastically around a bacon sandwich.

“Yep.  Okay that’s that settled.  So Jennifer this guy, he’s good right?”

“The best and not only that he can get it done in 3 weeks.”

“Great.  Now you go back with Slick and work on Oliver.”  They get up and head to the door.  “Justin wait, come back here for a second.”  I call him back.

“You forgot your key.”  I whisper to him before putting the key in his pocket and dropping a kiss on his stunned mouth.   “See you later.”  I say louder and give him a gentle shove.

SLICK

Justin is walking in a trance.  “Yeah so I kinda lied about just seeing Brian’s cock, I was feeling a little randy and he obliged and…”

“What?!!”

“And he’s back!”  I chuckle at his stunned, and or, disgusted expression.  “Kidding, Justin I’m kidding!”

“Oh!”

“You take the truck back as I had been saying to you and crack on.  I’ve got a few things to do in town.”

“Sure, see you later Slick!”

I watch him virtually skip back to Emmy Lou’s and think to myself, I will happily disembowel anyone that comes between the two of them!

JUSTIN

A key he’s given me a key and I didn’t ask him!  And we’re getting a puppy, so I need to grab Gus and Jenny tomorrow so we can get everything.

And then of course there’s the matter of the toys that Emmy Lou picked out.  It was embarrassing and horn inducing at the same time!  I never knew lube cost that much or there was so many kinds.  I need to speak to Daphne!

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT

LINDSAY

I feel much better after the trauma of the last few days.  I can’t believe she’s done this.  I’ve read my lease and although it does say she has the right to do this, I didn’t think she would!  So much for friendship!  And as for Brian, he has put his lawyer on me so I need to contact my parents to see if they can help me out with that.

“Are we eating out or ordering in?”  I ask a sleepy looking Michael.

“Definitely eating out.  Let’s go to the diner and then we can shop for food on the way back.”

As we head downstairs, we’re surprised to find Slick in the shop.

“How the fuck did you get in here?”  Michael demands.

“Landlord rights.  Trust me I won’t be exercising them often as I have no desire to be this close to you.  I just came to drop off a reminder about the business plan.”

“Business plan?”  I query.

“I’ve already extended the deadline, you have until tomorrow.  Try and surprise me and don’t disappoint me again.”

She turns to me.  “Did you manage to get everything?  Because if you haven’t what’s left will be sold.  Have a good evening you two.”

“Wait... what do you mean sold?  Those are my things!”  I object.

“In someone else’s house.  And the money raised will come to me, you know for the rent that you still owe.”  She snarks and walks out.

“Bitch!”  I snarl.

The door opens again.  “Yep and my bite and my bark are equally brutal!”

We wait a few minutes to see if she’s coming back and then when leaving check that she’s not lurking anywhere nearby and when we see no sign of her we head to the diner.

DINER

MICHAEL

It’s not too busy in here.  We start to head to the back booth where I see Ted and Blake.

“Uh Michael what do you think you are doing?”  Blake asks.

“Coming to sit down of course.”  I reply taking off my jacket.

“Not here.”  Ted responds coldly.  “Find another table, or even better another diner.”

“Oh for fuck sake! Are you telling me that because of this thing with Brian that we can’t be friends anymore?”  I scoff.

“Yes!  That’s exactly what I’m telling you.”

“Michael what’s going on?  Hi guys.”  Lindsay rejoins me.

“You two…”

“Apparently, they are Team Brian so we can’t sit here…”

“This has nothing to do with them.  I don’t see how it affects…”

Ted glowers at us.  “You caused him unnecessary hurt and you can’t see…?  What Lindsay, what can’t you see?”

“Ted I don’t appreciate the…”

“You two; if you want to eat here then Sarah has a table free in her section.  This booth is for family only.”  Mother interrupts her.

“I’m your son!”  I snap.

“No.  I didn’t bring up my son to do that!”  She snaps back.  “Now move or leave.”  She growls.

We make our way to the empty table and wait for service.  But Sarah doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to serve us either.

“Sarah!  Whenever you’re ready.”  I call out again.

“Right what will you have?”  She asks.

Before I can reply, Brian comes in with Ben and heads to the back booth.

“Brian!  Hi!”  He turns to look at me and says nothing. “What’s wrong with him?”  I look at Lindsay.  

“Still pouting I suppose.”  She replies.

“Pouting?!”  Sarah gasps.  “Debs, I’m sorry but can you deal with them?”

“Of course honey, you go on your break.”  Mother comes over.  “What do you want?”

“Cheeseburger and fries and Lindsay?”

“A word with Brian! This ridiculous idea he has about taking physical custody of Gus has to stop!”

She stands up but is blocked by mother.  “Leave the man alone! You’ve caused him enough pain.  Order, remain in your seat and eat or leave.”

“Fine! Same as Michael.”  She sits back down.

“Coming right up.”  Mother heads to the hatch.  “Oh, Luiz, Charlie, make sure they stay there.”

“No problem Debs.”  One of them replies.

“Since when did everyone become Brian’s champion?”  Lindsay gripes.

“Since always.”  Slick answers before joining the others.

The door goes again and Vomit Boy comes in. I watch annoyed as they move around so he can sit next to Brian.  Even before him they wouldn’t move for me, his best friend!

Mother puts our food down and then heads back to the booth.  I try to listen to what is being said but I can’t hear much.

“Your food is going cold.”  Luiz/Charlie points out.

“What happens with my food is none of your concern!”  I spit contemptuously.

Luis/Charlie chuckles.  “And what happens in that booth is none of yours…not anymore anyway.”

I don’t get a chance to respond because Emmett comes flying in clutching his phone babbling about something being cute.  Another round of laughter and Brian is saying no and then fuck no. Then Vomit Boy mentions Gus and Jenny and Brian is nodding.  Mother joins them and suddenly the table goes quiet and he kisses Vomit Boy and says perfect.

“Okay Ted, come on this client can’t be dazzled by our brilliance if we’re not there!”  Brian announces and strides towards the door.

Soon the booth empties until it is just Emmett and Vomit Boy and there’s no guards to stop us now.  Lindsay nods and we make our way to the booth.

“What’s going on?”  Lindsay demands.

“I’m going back to my store and you sweetie?”

“Finish off this.”  He indicates his food.  “Then catch up on some calls and then head back home.”

“See you Sunday.  And I love that name... it's perfect!”  Emmett kisses his cheek and is gone.

“Family only.”  Kiki growls at us.  “And unlike Debs I have no problem-not a one- throwing you out.”

We head back to our table only to find a note.  ‘You really shouldn’t leave your food unguarded. You never know what has happened to it’

“Come on let’s just go to the store.”  Lindsay demands and we head out.

We’re walking in silence when I check my pockets.  “Shit I’ve dropped my wallet most likely in the diner.  I’ll be back.”

I run back and find it under the table, checking it I find everything is still there.  I decide to use the bathroom.  They really do need to smarten this place up.

“I’m telling you Daph that Oliver is almost perfect.  I can’t believe how much I missed him.  No of course I haven’t told Brian.  Yeah okay, Woody’s at nine. Brian will be there too and remember to keep your mouth shut about him okay?  Look I’ve got to go, Slick will have my balls if I don’t do at least a couple more hours.  See you later.”

I wait for him to leave and saunter out. It doesn’t take long to catch up with Lindsay.  “We’re going to Woody’s tonight.”

“Why?”

“Because we’re celebrating.”

WOODY’S

BRIAN

“You need to widen your stance a bit of you’re going to make that shot.”  I call out to Justin.

“I don’t need your help thank you.”  He calls back and then groans when he misses.

“You were saying?”  I step behind him and drape my body over his.  “Let’s put the balls back and you can try again.  Now open your legs a little wider.  That’s it, now…”

“Brian no!”  Justin tries to wriggle out from under me but I hold him fast.

“What?”  I say innocently.

“Making that shot does not involve your hand on my fly.”  He hisses back.

“It does.  You see you’re over thinking things, and this is a distraction technique…”  I whisper in his ear causing him to shiver.

“Brian please!”

He manages to squirm round so that he’s on his back and then realises that this was a bad idea for him but a good idea for me.

“Bri…mmmph!”

I don’t know what I like more kissing him or running my hands through his hair whilst I’m kissing him.

“Brian, let him breathe!”  We look at an amused but lecturing Ben.  “We want to play pool. If you want to make out that’s what the booths are for.”

I pull Justin to his feet.  “We will continue this at home.”  I murmur as I see Daphne approaching

“Justy!”  Daphne calls out.  “Hey guys!”

“And where is my son?”  Ben smiles kissing her temple in greeting.

“Parking.”  She replies.  “Drinks people?”

We give her our orders and she and Justin head to the bar chattering away.  I spot Brandon and he jerks his head in Justin’s direction.  I glare at him and again he salutes and grins before turning back to his friends.

“Your caveman is showing.”  Emmy Lou snickers.

“Oh isn’t that Todd talking to Idaho?”  I ask.

“Where?  Oh that bitch had better not be?!”  He hisses looking round, he glares at me when I chuckle.  “Touché”

Justin and Daphne come back with the drinks and we watch Ben soundly beat Ted before they return to the booth.  Suddenly Ted groans.

“Seriously! Do you give off a pheromone that only those two can smell?!”  He huffs.

I turn to see where he’s looking and sigh as Lindsay and Michael approach.  Michael with that smirk - I remember from my cruising days - on his face, his tattle-tale smirk.

“How are you all this evening?”  Lindsay asks only to be greeted by silence.  “Oh come on guys this is ridiculous! This little contretemps with Brian will blow over, once he comes out of his drama queen moment.  Then all will be back…”

“Contretemps?  Lindsay, unless you can prove that you can support Gus on your own, Brian will win physical custody. You know that right?”  Ted sighs.

“That’s as maybe but we’re not here for that.”  Michael interrupts.

Here it comes.  I think to myself.

“So Justin, how’s Oliver?”  He asks and I watch Justin cough into his drink.

“Oliver?”

“Yes Oliver, your almost perfect Oliver.”  He repeats.  “Judging by the expression on Brian’s face he knows nothing about him…”

“I know about Oliver.  Everything about him.”

Justin looks at me so crestfallen.  “Everything?”

“Did you think you could keep that quiet?  Come on let’s discuss this in private.  You may have popped me but you still need help in some areas…”

“Popped you?”  Michael stammers.  “You mean?  Oh my God…he, he…why didn’t you tell me that you were a…”

“One it is my business.  And because you started the rumour, and it was just that, about the conga fuck in my loft.  You lost my trust and my respect.”

“Brian!  How can you take him cheating on you?!”  Lindsay demands.  “As we’ve said, you’re not ready for a relationship…”

“No, you’re not ready for him to be in a relationship!”  Daphne squares up to them.  “And I’ll have you know that he’s known Oliver for years and has ridden him a few times.”

I feel Justin creep behind me and shake with laughter.  Oh I love this girl!

“Do you remember the summer before you left how you grinded him with his top down?  I was surprised you let me watch, but it was so hot it has been burned on my memory to this day.  You covered in sweat and then there was him covered in axle grease and when you rubbed him down with the chamois leather…”

“Axle grease?  Chamois leather?”  Lindsay echoes.

“Yes.  Michael, Lindsay…Oliver is a 1949 Oldsmobile…that’s a car not a new gay man category.”

Their faces fall and I have never been so happy to see two people so miserable.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively, thank you xx