- Text Size +

CHAPTER 48: BAD IDEA

 

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT – SATURDAY MORNING

 

MICHAEL

 

I still can’t believe it’s gone and almost all of the money that Lindsay gave me is gone too.  But that is not going to stop me going ahead with Operation Makeover.  I was going to ask Lindsay to help with that but have changed my mind.  She doesn’t seem to think that getting Brian back in our lives is as important as I do.

 

I look down at my new accessory and sigh.  I had hoped that having a shower might short it out but no, it’s still blinking away on my ankle.

 

I pull my pant leg down so that it’s not so noticeable and head out for supplies.

 

TORSO – LIBERTY AVENUE

 

ANDREAS, THE MANAGER

 

Oh what on earth is Coventry doing here?  The only time he ever came here was with Emmett and even then he hung out by the door, like the place was going to infect him or something.

 

“Can I help you?”

 

“Yes. I’m looking for some cargo pants and some tight half cut tees, to accentuate my figure.”

 

“To accent…?  Okay so where are you hoping to wear these items?”

 

“Babylon of course.  I aim to take back what’s mine.”

 

I quickly cover the snicker I was about to let out.  “Okay, let’s get to it then.”

 

An hour later, he’s dropped about $200 and I have managed to keep a straight face throughout.

 

I tap the counter as I decide whether I should drop a hint or let everyone be surprised, but then Twinkle comes in frowning.

 

“Was that Coventry?”  He asks.

 

“Yes.”

 

“What did he want?”

 

“Cargo pants and half tees, to take back what is his when he hits Babylon tonight.”

 

“Excuse me!”  Twinkle dashes out giggling.

 

Fuck!  I know full well that Babylon will be packed so I need to get there earlier, have to move some appointments.

 

GRIM & TWINKLE’S HOME

 

KITCHEN

 

GRIM

 

Ah judging by the speed of Twinkle’s return and the grin on his face, he’s heard something.

 

“You were quick. Did you forget something?”

 

“No Master.”

 

“Oh okay. Well I’m going to be in my office for the next three hours. I’m not to be disturbed no matter what.”

 

His face plummets and he shuffles to the front door in abject disappointment.  I watch him head up the street until I can’t see him and then send the text; Come back and tell me what you want to tell me before you scrape your face on the sidewalk!

 

Five minutes later I have my arms full of a happy Twinkle who is trying to talk and plant kisses all over my face at the same time.  All I can gather is ‘Babylon’, Coventry’, ‘Torso’ and ‘tonight’.

 

Time for drastic action. I pin him to the wall, kiss him and grind my hips, which always works.  “Now calmly tell me what you are babbling about.”

 

By the time he’s finished, I’m chuckling hard.  Normally this would be a Meathook night. Studs’n’Suds was a one-off treat, but I’m not missing this for the world!

 

THE LOFT – SATURDAY AFTERNOON

 

KITCHEN

 

JUSTIN

 

I watch carefully as Emmy Lou mixes and whisks, I want this to be perfect.  We are so engrossed in what we are doing that it isn’t until Brian gooses Emmy that we realise he’s home.  Unfortunately, this also results in the bowl being dropped on the floor with a scream.

 

“For the love of fucking Liza, Brian don’t do that!”

 

“What ya doing?”  He grins as Emmy starts to gather towels to mop up.  “Wait is that…mousse?”

 

I blush to the soles of my feet and bite my lip.

 

“Well it was, I was showing Justin how to make it.  Not that, after that goosing, you deserve it.  No Baloo!  Shoo!”

 

Baloo slinks off with a reproachful look. I should’ve realised that Brian was back when Bagheera suddenly disappeared. He’s happily in his master’s arms.

 

“Traitor.”  I mutter at him, he just blinks at me.  “Did you teach him that?”  I kiss Brian hello.

 

He shrugs and puts Bagheera down before pulling me into a deeper kiss.  “Mousse?”

 

“I wanted to make some for dinner tomorrow, in honour of our first weekend alone.”

 

“Oh.”  He looks between Emmy and me and I try not to smile at his pink spots.  “Do you have enough ingredients to make another?”

 

“We need more frozen or even better fresh cherries.”  Emmy tells him, struggling to keep the grin off his face.

 

“I’ll take the boys for a walk and get some; be about 20 minutes. Will that be long enough?”

 

Emmy nods.  “Make sure they are pitted if frozen.”

 

He grabs their leashes and with a quick whistle all three are out the door.

 

Emmy reaches for another bowl.  “Right let’s start again shall we?”

 

BRIAN

 

It’s taken me 40 minutes but I have found fresh cherries, I got 4 pounds just to be on the safe side and having checked my Justin list, I find he’s not allergic to roses, so with the boys in tow we head off towards the liquor store.

 

I’m browsing for a good white and a dessert wine, having found out from Justin that we are having porcini mushroom, ciabatta and garlic crusted southern fried chicken with sweet potato fries for dinner tomorrow.  I’m on my way home and I realise that we’ve not been dancing since we last went with Slick, I know she and Lindon are in tonight so a quick call to her gets B&B babysat and now all I need to do is persuade my bombshell to come shake his thing.

 

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT

 

LINDSAY

 

Words fail me.  Michael is currently strutting his stuff in cargos low on his hips and, at first it was a half mesh tee, which would be great if he was say about 10 years younger and had the figure to match.  Luckily, I’ve persuaded him that a tighter fitting tee – also known as my workout top – would is a better idea at least it keeps him somewhat gathered in.

 

He has unwisely paired this with a belt that is too big and the heavy buckle hangs above his crotch as opposed to round his waist.  We attempted to put more holes in the belt but that threw off the positioning.  He looks like he’s wearing a codpiece and not in a good way.

 

But the utter debacle is the hair.  For reasons best known to himself, he has decided to go a whole lot lighter.   In one stage.   At home.  It has not worked.  He looks like a reverse cheetah with lighter blobs of colour, where I think he was going for the highlighted look.

 

“Are you sure I can’t persuade you to come out tonight?”

 

“Oh I’m positive.  I just want to stay in and have my comforts round me whilst I can.”

 

It’s bad enough wearing the damn bracelet, but I’ll be damned if I’m walking up and down the Avenue, unless we are going to court and even then we are taking a cab.

 

“So are you sure about this outfit?”  I ask him again, hoping to dissuade him.  “What about the shoes?”

 

“Oh yes!”  He pulls out what could only be described as brothel creepers.  And they are the best part of the outfit.

 

“Well, enjoy your evening.  I’m going to do some more drawing. Let me know when you’re leaving.”

 

If he manages to pull anything but a hamstring walking in those shoes, I will be surprised.

 

THE LOFT

 

LOWER BATHROOM

 

BRIAN

 

God it smells wonderful in here.  The combination of the ginger massage oil and his scent reminds me of that night.  “Down.”  I murmur and slowly feel my cock start to go down.

 

“Ready?”  He calls from the bedroom.

 

“Yep.”  I step into the bedroom.  “Let’s…holy fuck you look gorgeous!”

 

I walk round him.  “Two hours and we’re coming home!”  I growl.

 

“Three?”

 

“Okay three tops. Let’s go, time’s a-wasting!”

 

I practically drag him, giggling, to the cab.

 

BABYLON

 

When we get inside, we find Emmy Lou at the bar.

 

“Don’t you two look a delicious pair?!  Beams are coming up.  Which booth?”

 

“Let’s stay here!”  Justin yells and starts to bounce on his toes as the beat takes him.

 

We knock back the Beam and I just jerk my head at Emmy and he grabs Justin’s hand and I lose him to the music.

 

I decide to walk round just to make sure there’s no problems and notice that there seems to be an unusual atmosphere, but shrug it off.

 

An hour and two Beams later I decide that I need to find my bombshell; I head down to the floor and find him dancing with Idaho and Emmy Lou.

 

“Mind if I cut in?”  I whisper into his ear, as I wrap my arms round his swaying body.

 

“Please do.”  He turns to face me and puts his arms round my neck.

 

I close my eyes and get lost in the scent of him and slide my hands into the back of his pants and groan when I connect with naked flesh.

 

“How much longer?”  I growl into his ear.

 

“Another 2 hours.”  He licks my neck and grinds his hips into my thigh.  “Or we could…”

 

“We could or we could hold off and…”  I look into his lust blown eyes and almost cave.  “No, it’s just another 2 hours, we can do this.”  I growl into his ear causing him to shiver.

 

He bites his lip and slides his hand under my shirt and down the back of my pants, while massaging my skull. I let out a stuttering breath and close my eyes to concentrate on the sensations and trying not to come on the dance floor.

 

“Not helping.”  I groan into his ear.

 

“Not trying to.”  He moans back, sliding his hand lower.

 

“T-time out, we need a drink!”  I declare and drag him off to the bar.

 

Waving at the barman, I inhale the water and that has the desired effect.  He has the nerve to grin at me, the little twat!  I pull him into my arms and attack his neck causing him to squirm but I hold him firmly.

 

“Booth?”  I whisper.

 

His answer is to haul me to the nearest one, straddle my lap and attack my mouth.

 

EMMY LOU

 

I seriously thought they were going to jerk each other off on the dance floor the way they danced.  The booth is a much better option, more discreet, but I think everyone can tell what’s happening judging by the way Justin is writhing on his lap.

 

“You could toast marshmallows with the heat they are giving off.”  I turn in surprise at Grim.

 

“True.”  I sip my Cosmo.  “So what brings you to Babylon?”  Twinkle is looking round keenly.

 

“Something and maybe nothing.”  He replies, mysteriously.

 

Idaho’s eyes suddenly widen and he jerks his head behind me.  I turn around and see what he is gawping at and snort into my drink.

 

“Fuck!”  I gasp once I can speak properly.  “Is that Michael and is he…dancing?   By himself?”

 

“If that’s what you want to call it but yes and yes.”  Idaho takes out his phone.

 

All four of us, and I think the entire club, just can’t stop rubbernecking at Michael.  When it comes to dancing, that is one thing that Brian and Michael have in common in that they can’t really dance.  Brian can get away with it because he just moulds himself to the person he’s dancing with and of course he’s Brian Kinney.

 

But Michael really does need to stop that. He’s moving like a constipated baboon!

 

“I never thought I would live to see the day that Michael Novotny takes attention off of Brian Kinney making out.”  Brandon snickers.  “But he is really bad and what in fuck is he dressed as?”

 

“I don’t know but I feel it’s my duty to Debs to call a halt to this debacle!”  I state and head to the dance floor.

 

MICHAEL

 

I feel a tap on my shoulder and am surprised to see Emmett in front of me.  He’s saying something but I can’t hear him and I drag him off to the bar.

 

“What were you saying?”  I ask and signal for a drink but am ignored, Emmett of course is served immediately.

 

“It’s okay it’s done now.”  He replies.  “So what’s with the new look?”

 

“You like it?  I grin at him.  “I think Brian’s going to like it.”

 

“Brian?”  He questions.

 

“Yeah.”  I take a sip of my drink.  “I know he’s not here tonight but I had to do a test run with it before I go and see him.”

 

“See him?”  He looks at me as if I’m crazy.  “Michael you know that he’s still with Justin right?”

 

“Yes for now.  Excuse me Emmett; I need to circulate.”

 

“Oh okay, toodles.”

 

As I walk round the club looking for someone to hook-up with tonight, I regret the belt as the buckle is chafing against my cock.  The pickings were slim on the upper floor so I head back down to try and find Emmett.

 

Then I hear one of the songs that Brian and I liked to dance to and sigh.  I head back to the bar only to find Twinkle there.  I turn my back to the bar because I know without someone else, I won’t get served and I’ll be damned if I’m going to ask him.

 

As I watch the sea of bodies, I spot them.  Brian has his knees bent so they are both the same height, has his hand down the back of Justin’s pants and has him flush against him as they slowly grind to the music.  Justin’s hands are in Brian’s hair and they are just looking at each other as they move.

 

“Michael!”  Emmett brings me out of my fug.  “You’re tenting.”  He hisses.

 

“What?”  I snap, turning my attention back to them.

 

“Your buckle is moving out and not in a good way!  Either hit the back room or think of tits but get that down!”

 

Hearing Twinkle snickering makes me look down and I swiftly turn round.  Willing myself to calm down, I turn back just in time to see Brian bestow a triumphant smirk down at Justin, who is just looking up at him with a glazed expression.

 

“What’s wrong with him?”  I snark.

 

Emmett snickers.  “If you don’t know how you get that look Cove…uh Michael, then it’s been too long.”

 

Before I could answer, they are heading to the bar.  “Two waters.”  Brian signals the barman.

 

“Drink this and then we’ll go.”  He pulls him to his side.

 

I wait for them to acknowledge me but nothing.  “Brian, I know that…”

 

He turns round and almost spits out his water.  “Michael!  What hellish fucking fancy dress party did you just come back from?”

 

Justin is just staring at me and then looks to Emmett and then back to me.

 

“Fancy dress?  No this is my new look.  What do you think?”  I preen.

 

“It’s incredible.”  He replies.  “Come on, let’s go home Justin.”

 

“Told you he’d like this look.”  I turn to Emmett, having watched them leave.

 

Brandon’s laugh startles me.  “Yeah he does; but only on the guy he’s just walked out with.”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be constructive and kind. thank you