Justin has escaped a gilded cage mired in abuse. Having finally broken free, he is now looking to redefine himself as a man. When the offer to become the new Art Director for Kinnetik PA comes in, he jumps at the chance for freedom.
Brian hires Justin as the new Art Director for Kinnetik PA but Brian has secrets of his own. Can each of them teach the other to trust someone other than themselves?
THE STORY IS COMPLETE!!
Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner
, Brian Kinney
, Carl Horvath
, Craig Taylor
, Daphne Chanders
, Debbie Novotny
, Emmett Honeycutt
, Ethan Gold
, Gardner Vance
, Gus Marcus-Peterson
, James Stockwell
, Jennifer Taylor
, Justin Taylor
, Lindsay Peterson
, Melanie Marcus
, Michael Novotny
, Molly Taylor
, Mysterious Marilyn
, Original Character
, Ted Schmidt
, Vic Grassi
Tags: 100k+ Word CountGenres: Alternate Universe
, Suspense/ThrillerPairings: Brian/Justin
78623 ePub Downloads:
May 05, 2016 Updated:
Jul 08, 2019
First the Disclaimer: Although I love these characters and dream up ways to stay with them, I do not own them or anything associated with the QAF Franchise (Although I wish like hell I did). No copyright infringement is intended. There will be references and storylines in line with the Canon, however there will also be new characters. All original characters and plotlines are my own.
HUGE THANK YOU TO THE Aaaa-MAAZING (in my BK voice) BANNER GODDESS KNOWN AS JACKIE MAG!!!
I am SOOOOOooooo NOT a "TURN OUT THE LIGHTS" and "CLOSE THE DOOR" kind of writer (I know some of you appeciate the reference to the late great Teddy Pendergrass..LOL) so YES there shall be SMUT!! Also, I am issuing an angst warning. I am evolving and so is the quality of my work. Some of the scenes will be really intense. I promise to try to include a few fluffy scenes as well to give your poor heart a break!
I hope you enjoy this tale of trouble and triumph! And drop me a line sometime to let me know what you think! HAPPY READING!
1. Chapter 1- SPACE: The FINAL Fucktier by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 4] (10175 words)
And here we GO!!! P.S. Forgive the variation on the Star Trek reference but it seems befitting!
2. Chapter 2- The SECRET of HIS SUCCESS by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 1] (10550 words)
3. Chapter 3- CLOSE ENCOUNTERS of the PERSONAL KIND by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 2] (4429 words)
4. Chapter 4- (It's the WRONG time of Year) NO TRICKS HERE by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 2] (7134 words)
5. Chapter 5- TALKING BOOK by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 2] (5505 words)
6. Chapter 6- DON'T LET THE SMOOTH TASTE FOOL YA! by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 3] (5579 words)
Just a little lesson in lingo for you all...
SHOTS FIRED is a term meaning insults hurled. Usually they can be backhanded or straightforward but they always, ALWAYS hit their mark.
I hope you all ENJOY this chapter! Happy Reading! ~Nichelle
7. Chapter 7- AIDEN BLUE SUNSHINE by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 1] (4143 words)
8. Chapter 8- THE EX-FACTOR by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 1] (4687 words)
9. Chapter 9- SLEEPING DOGS AIN'T LYING by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 2] (6001 words)
First: I won't tell you how tough this chapter was to write because of the situation regarding Justin's traumas. Some portions may be a bit graphic depending upon what your definition of the word is. I will try to issue a warning each time one of these come scenes come up. Please be advised and govern yourselves accordingly.
Secondly: In writing this chapter, I listened to "These Are the Times" by a group called Dru Hill. The song fit this scene in so many ways but primarily because of Brian's struggles between who he was and who he is now. If you get a chance to listen to the beautiful song, definitely do! I hope I did this first encounter justice! Happy Reading!!! ~Nichelle
10. Chapter 10- THE QUIET STORM by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 1] (6431 words)
11. Chapter 11- SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 1] (10266 words)
12. Chapter 12- AND IT STARTS... by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 1] (9986 words)
13. Chapter 13- THE GAMES WE PLAY by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 1] (6656 words)
14. Chapter 14- WHERE HAPPINESS LIVES by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 3] (7023 words)
15. Chapter 15- INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOWâ€¦ by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 9] (5623 words)
16. Chapter 16- A CALL TO CHARM by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 8] (6369 words)
Warning... this is a pretty angsty chapter. But then again, most of them are in this story. Also issuing another fair warning: Just because Brian and Justin are 'married' does NOT imply that they will be monogamous. Don't get it twisted. This is STILL a B and J fic after all which means that they are completely unpredictable.
Happy Reading and HUGS,
17. Chapter 17: A CALL TO CHARM Part 2 by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 7] (15075 words)
A very special whoot, holler, shout and whistle goes out to Lorie and Sandra (aka Mamaduck). Lord knows that in a chapter this large my eyes, fingers...HELL my brain was bound to miss something!! I couldn't have done this without the two of you guarding my gift!! Love you both MUCH!
I hope you all enjoy this in-depth look at the motivations of certain characters within the SLA verse. It may answer a lot of questions...or leave you with MORE of them!
Happy Reading and HUGS,
18. Chapter 18: SUSPENSION of DISBELIEF by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 6] (5336 words)
19. Chapter 19: CLOSE ENEMIES by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 5] (4330 words)
20. Chapter 20: BROKEN WINGS by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 2] (4911 words)
21. Chapter 21: CONTINGENCY PLANS by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 3] (3250 words)
22. CHAPTER 22: ITâ€™S NO FUN WHEN THE RABBITâ€™S GOT THE GUN Part 1 by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 5] (3436 words)
23. CHAPTER 23: ITâ€™S NO FUN WHEN THE RABBITâ€™S GOT THE GUN Part 2 by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 5] (8933 words)
24. CHAPTER 24: (Continuation of) PHOENIX RISING/ ITâ€™S A BIRD, ITâ€™S A PLANE, ITâ€™S A BITCH and a VROOM by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 6] (3457 words)
25. CHAPTER 25: CROSSING LINES INCURS BLACK EYES by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 6] (2043 words)
MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING!!!!! Unfortunately, it couldn't be helped.
26. CHAPTER 26: THE BEGINNING OF THE END by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 3] (5072 words)
27. CHAPTER 27: AFTERMATH by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 7] (2622 words)
28. CHAPTER 28: BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 4] (4433 words)
29. CHAPTER 29: BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS Part 2: HOT CITY by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 7] (4195 words)
30. CHAPTER 30: BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS Part 3: A TIDE TURNED by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 5] (4214 words)
31. CHAPTER 31: RECKLESS WITHOUT APOLOGY by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 4] (2766 words)
32. EPILOGUE: TO INFINITY AND BEYOND by Nichelle Wellesly [Reviews - 14] (3648 words)