- Text Size +

 

 

CHAPTER 31: RECKLESS WITHOUT APOLOGY


Justin looked at the man, who would always be his nemesis. The one thing he knew- the ONLY thing that mattered- was that if he didn’t take a stand right now, he would always be this man’s victim. It was something that couldn’t be borne. Worse was the knowledge that if he fell into their hands again, the life he had now- the life that he was continuing to build for himself- wouldn’t be anything more than a distant memory, which they would take great pleasure and pride in beating out of him. He knew that he would rather kill himself than return to that prison, where Connor and Brandon James were the wardens, but unfortunately, being with them again death wouldn’t even be an option.


He was tired. Tired of worrying. Tired of having his dreams deferred through no fault of his own. Tired of being physically, mentally, and emotionally raped for the benefit of others as if he was nothing more than a toy, or chess piece to be moved at will. The time for that had ended… and now it was time for it to be buried, once and for all.


Rolling his shoulders back, he continued to silently observe Connor from where he was standing. Of course, he could attack first while the man’s back was turned and he was preoccupied. But if living in captivity had taught Justin one thing, it was that the best offense was having the best defense. He knew that his strength lay in having Connor believe that he was no threat to him or his wishes. He was still expecting Justin to return to being that meek and mild creature; the one who had too much at stake and lived in constant fear that Connor and Brandon would make good on all of their threats. 


As far as Justin knew, everyone he loved, with the exception of Seven, was safe at the hospital looking after the most precious gift he had ever received… his son, Gus. Thinking about Gus fueled Justin’s anger. To know that Lindsay had kidnapped the boy she birthed to deliver him as a bargaining chip to Connor for their own nefarious purposes incited a deep-seated simmering rage beneath the calm exterior he continued to project as he watched his captor become more and more undone. If it were possible, Justin would have liked nothing more than to put his hands around her neck, and choke the useless, entitled life right out of her! But even as he continued in his homicidal thoughts, he wanted to laugh aloud as all Connor’s carefully laid plans were continually caving in around him, while the man was steadily trying to make other provisions. 


According to what he could hear so far, Ron Peterson and James Stockwell were dead. And with Brandon still in jail, that narrowed the playing field in Connor’s favor considerably. One of Justin’s biggest fears was now permanently laid to rest. They couldn’t get out of New York. All of the airports, highways, and waterways had been closed. Even the MTA and Long Island Railroad had been shut down. Beyond his family, and the people who continued to be instrumental in Justin acquiring his complete freedom, he’d had very little to be grateful for of late. 


So it made Justin feel a bit more confident in the fact that, for once, law enforcement was working on his behalf. But it was time to put Justin Cole Taylor-Kinney away for a little while, and become the bold person who was the bonafide partner to Aiden. It was time to bring forth the reckless boy who had become the man that escaped life trapped in a gilded cage full of terror; that part of his personality whom Connor James had never met. Blue didn’t play by anyone’s rules but his own. Blue was never afraid of the shadows which continually tried to overtake him. 


No, Blue was a fighter, and a very dangerous adversary to have.


Making a few plans, and contingency plans, Blue began to advance on his soon-to-be victim. He refused to second-guess himself; his very life depended on his intentions and actions being clear and concise. So, circling closer behind Connor, who continued to pace, Blue waited for him to register that neither of his victims were where he’d left them, unguarded. He didn’t have to wait long for the paralyzing anger to stiffen Connor’s spine as he looked upon the empty expanse of space. 


“WHAT THE FUCK?! WHERE ARE THEY?! WHERE ARE YOU?!” Connor yelled, getting angrier by the second that the only answering sound was his echo. He reminded Blue of a five-year old being denied his daily dose of candy.


“I’m right behind you,” Blue whispered.


Connor stumbled as he turned quickly. Finding nothing but empty space, Connor called out, “If I have to chase you, it’s going to be much worse for you!”


“Who says I’m running?” Blue moved back a little, but still stood belligerently. “I’m through doing that.”


“Justin… I’m warning you…. COME HERE!”


“FUCK YOU!”


“Who do you think you’re talking to?!”


“I didn’t stutter, Connor. But perhaps you should probably adjust your hearing aid.”


“Apparently, you have forgotten your place,” Connor sneered.


“No. I haven’t,” Blue smiled. “My place is with MY man. And his name is Brian.” He knew that he was goading Connor, but he didn’t care. 


“First I will reclaim you as my own, and then after I fuck you in front of him, you’ll watch your man die, slowly and painfully!” Connor shouted as he moved towards Justin. 


Blue yawned, feigning boredom. “So are we just going to keep indulging in your wishful thinking, or are you going to try to make good on it?”


“What the FUCK has gotten into you?!” Connor’s frustration rang clear in his tone.


Blue prepared himself for the inevitable advance that his next words would cause, and laughed. “Definitely NOT YOU!”


As Connor reached Justin, he unleashed a three-punch combination that surprised the heavier man, causing him to stagger backwards. Even as Connor recovered, Blue remained in his fighting stance, an intense calm washing over him. Reading the Tao, over and over again while in captivity had taught him how to control his body and slow his heart rate. Those lessons were paying off in so many more ways than just within the bedroom. For everything else, his former home office was useful for a great many things, including studying Karate, Kempo and Aikido, Capoeira, and imitating MMA fights; Justin was no longer an easy target… AT ALL!


“Where the fuck did you learn that?” Connor growled at him.


“Not important where I learned to defend myself, only that I know how to. The only reason you got the drop on me in the bathroom is because I was preoccupied. I have no such hindrances here, since I know that my family- my TRUE family, consisting of my husband and son- are safe from you…”


“And you? Do you feel safe from me, Justin?”


Blue smirked, just enough to unnerve Connor. “I’m not naked and beaten yet, so I suppose I do.”


“Well then I guess it’s time we fix that!” Connor said as he advanced again.


Blue countered the attack, before attacking Connor’s kidneys with five rabbit punches delivered in quick succession. Stepping back briefly to keep out of Connor’s immediate reach, then effortlessly crouching down and extending his leg, he successfully performed a Tiger tail sweep, which found Connor James flat on his back in seconds. Once again, Blue backed up, waiting for Connor’s next move.


Connor looked at the calm young man, and released his frustration by banging on the concrete floor, before growling and standing. Running towards his prey, he displayed a series of kicks, which were effectively blocked using standard martial arts moves, before he felt a stinging pain in his knee cap. Blue stood there watching his opponent again, as calm as a placid lake, before flim-flamming to deliver a kick under Connor’s chin. 


As Connor arose, Blue switched to the Ginga stance of Capoeira, never remaining still, but protecting his face at all times. He knew that the main goal was to keep Connor from getting his hands on him. Fortunately he had two things on his side: speed and technique, which would keep him in a defense mode, yet agile enough to change directions without tripping. Once again, Connor advanced rapidly towards him, trying to gauge the direction Blue would move in next, in order to offer a countermove. As soon as Connor lunged right, Blue feinted left, crouching down low, in order to remove himself from Connor’s orbit. Going on for several minutes, Blue continued to thwart his assailant, using his feet to place well-aimed kicks along the way.


Out of breath, and frustrated beyond measure, Connor yelled at Justin, “I should have just shot you when I had the chance!”


“Perhaps you should have, but still wouldn’t have gotten you what you wanted, Connor. With any luck, the police are already on their way here.”


Connor laughed. “The police are already here…”


“I’m not talking about your little flunky; I’m talking about the ones who know all about the network and your part in it.”


“What the fuck have you done?”


“Not me, Connor, but my aunt.”


“Who is?”


“The Mayor’s Chief Advisor. Fortunately for me, she hates dear old dad. So I can almost guarantee he’s already in the slammer, where you’ll be soon enough.”


Without verbally responding, Connor attacked Blue again, this time with more fervor. Blue went back to his Capoeira moves, throwing in a little of the mixed martial arts fighting styles into it. By the time Seven arrived, the fight was well underway… but he wasn’t alone. There was Connor’s partner-in-crime, holding the nearly-unconscious man aloft. There wasn’t much of a pause in Blue’s reaction, but unfortunately, it was enough for Connor to capture his prey.


As Justin struggled within the tight grip Connor had on him, the older man laughed. “Not so tough and strong now are you? So… what shall I do? Should I make you pay for your insolence now, or make you beg first.”


“Fuck you, Connor! You might as well kill me, because I will NEVER fucking submit to you again!”


“Oh yeah you will. You see that guy holding my other slave over there? IF you don’t do what the fuck I tell you, he will shoot that little bunny. Can you live with having the death of your newfound friend on your head, Justin?” Connor laughed seeing the look of despair come into his slave’s eyes. Justin Taylor was an unquenchable thirst in his blood, and he was determined to satisfy it over and over again, until he could figure out a way to get them out of the City. Having his cock down Justin’s throat would help him to think straight. “Strip!”


“No… Connor I…”


“Martin, SHOOT HIM!”


The click of the gun, startled Justin, making him struggle anew. He had to get to Seven... They were NOT going to end this way! Connor would NOT win! Rearing his head back, Blue let loose a series of headbutts, causing Connor to drop his captive.

 

He was like a man possessed as he continued to punch, kick, and claw. Gone was the calm demeanor from before, and in its place was an anger so uncontrollable that he trembled with it. Continuously, landing blow after blow on the nearly unconscious man, he didn’t register the police flooding into the hangar, guns drawn, or the order for him to ‘STOP!’ Blue’s rage had taken over as he thought of all his years in enforced slavery, the constant threats and rape of his person, the violence committed upon him for the slightest infraction- real or imagined. He thought of his father’s hate, and greed that he would trade his own flesh and blood to hold on to his material possession. He thought of Lindsay’s viciousness towards HIS son- the only one he would probably ever have. And then he thought about Connor’s threats against Brian.


Picking the man’s head up from the ground, he kicked it first, then crouched and proceeded to alternate between punishing blows to Connor’s face, and headbangs against the concrete. There was no ceasing the feeling coursing through the young man, as his entire life since he was seventeen years old played on loop within his mind. He screamed, cried, and growled his anger, and frustration, naming every single act committed upon him against his will, even as he fought the hands trying to pull him off of Connor James. 


“YOU WILL NEVER DO THIS TO SOMEONE ELSE, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!!”


“Justin… Blue!” 


He’d heard Brian’s voice within his rage, but he couldn’t stop. He continued to fight against the people trying to subdue him. There was NO FUCKING WAY that he would stop as long as Connor James was still breathing! He thought of Jason Kemp- his would be savior- and what the sadistic bastards had done to him and countless others! He thought of the times when he was beaten just because he needed to do his fucking schoolwork!

 

How he had to beg to be able to get a drink, or use the fucking bathroom! How death was even denied him so that he and his fucking playmates could abuse Justin the entire night! He was through with letting the fucker get away with everything! He wasn’t going to go through his life in fear, wondering if the James brothers would be able to buy their way out of the cases! He was fucking THROUGH!! 


“Justin… Please, Blue, STOP!” 


He registered Brian’s voice again, just as he was about to strike the last blow that would have killed the deathly-still man beneath him. Looking around him, he noted the team of about twenty officers with looks of shock, of empathy… but looking at his family- at Seven, Brian, his mother, and his aunt, who had come to the airport, thinking to rescue him, he understood that it was indeed over. That he would no longer be a victim to the James Brothers, or anyone else. 


“Seven?”


“I’m okay, Blue. A little banged up, but I’m okay.”


“Aiden…”


“Gus is out of surgery,” his husband responded, knowing instinctively that it was Justin’s next question. 


“I…”


“I know,” Brian whispered, even as he moved towards him. He was stopped by one of the officers, who was drawing his handcuffs from his belt. Turning and piercing the man with one of the most ferocious looks imaginable, Brian growled, “Those better be for the fucking bastard lying there in need of an ambulance…” 


“Sir, I have to take this young man in…”


“No you don’t. He’ll be there after he goes to the hospital to get checked out, and see our son.”


As the officer was about to attempt to pull rank, Commissioner Kelly entered the hangar. “Brian, I thought you were supposed to wait for me.”


“I… I just couldn’t…”


“I know, and I know why. Officer Curd, Mirandize Connor James and cite kidnapping and administering a legal drug with malicious intent for starters. Everything else that he is guilty of will be read once we’re sure he’s competent enough to stand trial.”


“Sir…”


“I will NOT tell you again, Curd. Now, hop to!”


Brian pulled Justin to his feet from atop the supine body of Connor James, as the man was read his rights under the law. Embracing each other tightly, Brian buried his nose in his husband’s hair, praying in gratitude to a god that he wasn’t sure would even listen to him. “I was so fucking scared, but I had to…”


“No, Brian. I know that you did what you needed to do. But you’re here now, and that’s all that matters. How’s Gussie?”


“Doing fine, and was asking for you right after seeing me.”


“I… I NEED to see him, Brian.”


“I know, but first let’s get you and Seven checked out.”

 

Justin nodded and in the company of his family, left the place where his nightmare finally ended. Next would be the trials where he had to face every one of his detractors. But compared to the idea that he would never see his family again, that was bound to be a cakewalk. Right now, all he wanted to do was hug his son, and hold on tight to the man of his dreams… his Aiden.