[Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstarPrinter ePub eBook
Summary:

"Can you really think of a reason that Peter would suddenly turn on how he feels about you?" Justin asked, trying to begin the conversation pragmatically. "He knows how your sister is, and she knows, at least to some extent, that the two of you are acquainted now. Don'tyou think she'd have tried every weapon she had if she was running a smear campaign against you?"

"I don't know," Brian said tiredly, rubbing his eyes. "I wouldn't put anything past her."

--

When Brian's nephew Peter and his girlfriend Alexis come to spend Christmas in New York, things are off to a great start -- until they're not. Soon, it becomes apparent to everyone that old Kinney family scars run deep.


Rated: M
Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Gus Marcus-Peterson, Justin Taylor, Original Female Character, Peter
Tags: 10k+ Word Count, Christmas, Christmas Eve, Established Relationship, Family, Implied Death, Language, M/M, Post-series, Responsible Justin, Tearjerker, Vulnerable Brian
Genres: Angst, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Canon, Could be Canon, Drama, Fix-it, Hurt/Comfort
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: Until At Last You Know
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 21655 Read: 703
ePub Downloads: 8 Published: Jan 15, 2021 Updated: Jan 15, 2021
Story Notes:

Part 3 in the "Until At Last You Know" series -- Reading Part 1 ("Every Storm Makes Us Stronger") and Part 2 ("Goodbye Again") beforehand is strongly recommended for context (and for really embracing the full scope of angst, lol).

In accordance with the rest of the series, and in honor of my dear friend, beta, and occasional co-author, the title is borrowed from the band Vertical Horizon, and, this time, appropriately and deliberately, a lyric from the song "True Illusion"

Dedicated to K -- this series has always been for you 💖
You're the reason Brian cries 😂

1. Still We Believe by PrettyTheWorld [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (21655 words)